Yonex DUORA-10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

after using victor racquets majority of my badminton playing... i bought a LCW D10... wow the racquet is so distracting, use which side for which shot... it moves very slow and seems so strange when you do hit. i honestly cant feel the difference between both sides but it seems to be an ok racquet. probably a 3.5 out of 5 i think

Smash-Tajam likes this.
  2. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Neither was I being distracted as well.

But I love using the duora against opponents. It seems like they don't know what to expect of me when the shuttle is in my zone.

#1142 SleepyEyedBoyZ, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  3. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student
    It's not too bad, I mean when you in a game mode, the last thing you would need to think is what racket is that opponent using lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. ninja801

ninja801 Regular Member

[​IMG]

my duora 10 LCW with red Lin Dan BG80

5. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

i think you overeacted.
    they are not reffering u as a lier.
    being biased is quite common for any pro.
    that,s why lawyers and accountants need to have their work reviewed by non-involved coworker.
    even though, these pro,s work still contain a lot of biased opinion.
    bias is something human can,t easily avoid.
    or you can say that there,s nothing really that neutral.

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I wasn't going to comment, in the hope that this nonsense had died down, but since it's still going...

It's not fair to Paul that people throw these accusations around. Try to think about it from his point of view, and maybe you'll realise how hurtful it is. It must feel like he's "not allowed" to express an opinion, simply because he has a sponsorship arrangement with Victor.

Of course as human beings it is impossible to completely avoid bias. But what's happening here is quite different: Paul is being singled out and people have attacked his integrity, in public, simply because he is involved with Victor. Not cool.

Now, if Paul went around constantly belittling Yonex and promoting Victor, maybe you would have a point. But as far as I can see, he's pretty even-handed. I think he's just expressing his opinion.

Then again, maybe Paul is actually an evil genius marketeer, and has conducted this incredibly subtle campaign to undermine Yonex while appearing to be honest and even-handed. Maybe that's why Victor is paying him millions of dollars -- because we all know how lucrative badminton coach sponsorship is, right? RIGHT???

I'm sure Paul is good at marketing, but I don't think he's that good. ;) These accusations seem like conspiracy-theorist bunk to me.

(In fact I believe Paul said Victor don't pay him anything. I would guess he just gets some free clobber and shuttles for his coaching. That's the usual arrangement.)

s_mair, Cycril, lodoss and 2 others like this.
  7. blue.fired

blue.fired Regular Member

I think Paul Stewart is being perfectly fair when he pans some of the recent Yonex stuff. They haven't really been delivering the goods in recent times, the mildly interesting Duora concept notwithstanding.

I mean, the last truly great racket to come out of Japan was the excellent NR900. And that was years ago.

And I'm the sort of person who would dread the thought of even picking up a Li Ning or a Victor or whatever.

8. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Well someone said the Duora 10 JP felt nicer to use than the SP... so how about the NR900? Do the rest of the world get a 'common plebeian' version?

Does anyone have anything to add to the D10 JP versus SP/IP thing, by the way?

9. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Guys, back to the Duora 10. Repeating the same arguments 50 times isn't convincing anyone to change their stance on the John Cena of Badminton Central.

You are free to put in negative comments about the Duora all you like. Justification in your comments would be preferred and your comments should also be truthful.

10. kaisterkai

kaisterkai Regular Member

Student

Yea when you pay more for the same racket, the racket will feel better XD

renbo likes this.
  11. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

It's all in the mind, price in uk is roughly the same region as in JP, 22000 yen. IMO the feeling is nice because you've just spent on a genuine product. In the uk market, there haven't been much counterfeits except from Bangor. As long as you buy from a genuine supplier you will be fine.
    Likewise in Japan, you are buying from the original country, you will have an even better feeling. If you compare UK and JP spec, you'd be hard pushed to find much differences between the products.
    From an experience/personal point of view, I've used 900p for 10 years and I still don't know the difference between gummetal elastic ti and nanoscale elastic ti.

For the SP market, there has been more counterfeit products especially from China. The counterfeit market is much more widespread. Even though there's been clamping down of such products to be imported, e.g. in HK, it has somewhat diminished genuine SP rackets. Also the general thought is that because they are produced where production cost is cheaper, this triggers the fact that the quality isn't on par. I think you have to know that in HK prices are tax free, so 20% lower than UK for SP. If you go to Japan, you will notice that the price isn't that far off SP. To get a Yonex JP exported from Japan, then the price increases dramatically.
    I think if you took a SP tag off the racket and put a JP code on, you probably won't notice anything. At most the JP quality for paintwork and construction might be better by a notch.

12. Nguyenthanhvu

Nguyenthanhvu Regular Member

I think most of us - non pro players- have to compare the racket side by side at the same time. It is almost impossible to hold 1 racket and tell if it is JP or SP

13. blue.fired

blue.fired Regular Member

The JP thing is an urban myth. It's all the same standardized product.

I've had my share of JP stuff and it's not any more resistant to damage or higher in perceptible quality to a US or SP code. I have a JP ZF2 and a bunch of non JP ones and there is absolutely no difference.

My D10's are all JP coded so I couldn't compare but it's extremely (like alien invasion in the next 5 minutes) unlikely that they are any different to an SP.

Blurry D likes this.
  14. Nguyenthanhvu

Nguyenthanhvu Regular Member

Maybe it depends on each person's feeling. The difference is not that big to make a SP really far behind the JP, however there is difference. In weight distribution and paint mostly

15. shararti81

shararti81 Regular Member

Hi,

Has anyone tried other versions of Duora 77/88 etc?

16. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales

Yes I have but Im employed by YY and dont want to be called a liar!

Nguyenthanhvu likes this.
  17. shararti81

shararti81 Regular Member

:p so how are they?

18. Hansel

Hansel New Member

I just bought duora yesterday and I'm planning to use zymax 62f for the string. Is it good?

19. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Personal preference. I'll use it with ng98

20. ccgp123

ccgp123 New Member

Today is my 4th playing day with D10LCW about 40 games ( my original red NG98 JP broke on the 2nd day and only gold SP version in local shop...... ).

I have to admit, it helped me to win more games

-backhand is the most amazing improvement I have, w/o gain any additional techniques or traiing.
    -drop and net play is surprising getting better
    -now on to smash, on the first 3 playing days, I couldn't get any power out of it. After several adjustments, I found how to generate the power ( not as much as the Z-Force II or even VT80 still ) with more accuracy on the shot placement.
    -defense for sure is much better because the reaction is quicker

What's left is on the clear shots which I still need to make adjustment to find the match.

Anyway, overall, very satisfy to switch from Voltric line. It is a surprise to me on how it works out perfectly so far.

Smash-Tajam and Ralph Hua like this.