Looking for a budget racket for a XD and WD player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ucantseeme, Apr 27, 2016.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    First I must make it clear, that this racket is not for me. It's for a club mate.

She tried my JS10, but decided that it is too expensive for her and the stringbed was too tight. She prefer to buy a cheaper racket, which is IMO okay. It should be light and not too stiff. Previous/actual racket is BS12L, very it is rocked down.

She likes:

-4U to 5U
    -midflex-stiff
    -even to slightly head heavy
    -aerodynamic frame
    -she use 22-24lbs and play with feather

Price should be around 60USD or cheaper. She don't care about brands. Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

2. Shuttlingus

Shuttlingus Regular Member

60 USD or cheaper is kind of bargain bucket territory. Maybe ask her to save for another month? :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Second hand Gosen Gungnir Alpha.

Or brand new XP70.

4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I have Fleet or Apacs in my mind, but less experience with them. It's not that case, that she is broke, she don't think she is good enough to be worth for such an expensive racket. Her BS12L was a birthday present, she don't buy high end rackets and IMO there should be something out there which fit her requirements. I was also thinking about an entry BS like 1600-1900.

5. takumi4

takumi4 Regular Member

You can really look into Apacs rackets. I feel that you are getting rackets that are worth more than what you are paying for with Apacs. I was a full on Yonex user but have now sold three of them to fund my Apacs addiction. Check out my reviews on the Blend and the Nano Fusion 722 Speed on the Apacs fan page.

I no longer pull out my Arcsaber 9 FL because of the Nano Fusion. At 1/4 of the price, there is no way you can go wrong about it.

My go to is still the Arcsaber 9 FL but on days when I am just playing with friends and do not need every single ounce of performance, it stays in the bag.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/apacs-fan-club.39002/page-307

#5 takumi4, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  6. jabrick

jabrick Regular Member

Try pro kennex triflex nano 6888

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Apacs Nano Fusion 722 is 6U and don't fit my criteria. Pro Kennex Triflex Nano 6888 is head heavy and don't fit the criteria, too.

It would be nice, if people read the OP properly. No posts is IMO better than any rackets which are off. I'm still searching. BTW it would be nice, if it's available in Europe. Shipping costs can eat up the budget quickly. Thanks. :)

8. takumi4

takumi4 Regular Member

You can get the Apacs Nano Fusion 722 in 5U. I know because mine is 5U. It would be nice if people read my review properly too....

http://sportshorizon.com/apacs-nano-fusion-speed-722-grey-5u.html

Weight: 82 +/-1g
    U Specification: 5U G2
    Flex: Medium
    Balance: 285+/-5mm (Even Balance)
    MaxTension: 30lbs
    Shaft Material: 24T Japan High Modulus Graphite
    Frame Material: 24T JapanHigh Modulus Graphite
    Frame Type: Slim Box
    Grommet System: 72 Holes
    Shaft Diameter: 7.5mm
    Length: 672mm

Seems to me like it suits your criteria.

Anyway, I was just posting to say Apacs is reputable. Good luck finding your racket.

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Have you checked the Victor Lightfighter series? For example the Lighfighter 7000 ticks almost every box of your checklist and is only a bit over the given budget. I had a couple of hits with the 7000 a couple of weeks ago and it felt good. Very light, very quick but of course missing some punch. I can imagine that the head heavier 7300 or 7400 might in fact be pretty interesting rackets but both are then clearly exceeding the budget given.

10. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

There's been some good prices on Wilson rackets recently and the Wilson Blaze SX5600 seems to fit your requirements.
    It's pretty cheap from PDHSports in the UK and I think shipping to germany might be reasonable.

11. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

How about lethal 10 4u? I have the black/white version which is nice with black bg80 string. It's very similar to Bravesword frame. I would offer you my pair because they don't get used very often but the postage is quite high so not worthwhile.

12. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    The only reason I sold my LF7400 was because of my preferred tensions, I loved it.

13. bunge1980

bunge1980 Regular Member

Postman
    The yonex voltric 7 is a great budget racket in my opinion not sure if slightly over her budget. I got mine for around £50 its slightly head heavy and weighs around 83 grams.