Li-Ning N80 vs Victor BS12 vs Yonex NR900

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by spyweb, Jun 27, 2016.

1. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Hi all,

Coming from an even balance racket (Twister F9), I would like to switch to a more head light or a faster racket without sacrificing the power. All 3 rackets stated above is proven (internationally) to be something fast and powerful but that is for pros, they can wield anything.

I'm an intermediate to slightly advanced player and would like to listen to some opinions and most importantly the experiences from you guys here in the forum of using those 3 rackets above. Maybe I would start off with something below from my 3 years of F9 experience :

F9
    Speed = 6
    Power = 8
    Feel = 7
    Stiffness = 6
    Attacking = 8
    Defending = 7

Many thanks for your input of comparing the N80, BS12 & NR900.

#1 spyweb, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Power: N80 > NR900 > BS12
    Speed: BS12 > NR900 > N80

3. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Thanks for your input Rob3rt. Seems that NR900 is the balance one among the three...

4. DigitalDNA

DigitalDNA Regular Member

Business Analyst
    The NR900 is stiff, much stiffer than the other two, and head light, so although you could generate more power with perfect technique, you'd put a lot of strain on yoir shoulder. BS12 is mid balance-mid stiff, like the N80, and is really fast. You could also try the BS11 (slightly stiffer than the BS12), or wait for the new JS12.

5. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Thanks for the recommendation. Just played with the new NR900 and indeed you are right, the NR900 is quite stiff compared to the F9. I'd a chance to play with the JS10 and like it very much. Not as stiff as the NR900 and it is faster. Or maybe I shall wait for the JS12....:)

6. DigitalDNA

Business Analyst
    The F9 is very user friendly...the closest in the victor range would be maybe the mx60 or tk6000...but if you want speed with enough power, can't go wrong with the BS12. From the initial news,the JS12 does indeed seem to be a better BS12...I'm just going to wait for the JS11

7. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Yes, F9 is a very user friendly racket, very balanced racket. At this point of time, I felt that a fast racket is more suitable to me. That's the reason I'm looking for alternatives.

8. charleslim

charleslim Regular Member

Dream Job
    How about Duora 10? I think it is relatively fast as compared to D10. I have both of them and I feel that D10 is fast and yet able to generate considerable power.

9. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Hmm, I don't have a chance to test out the D10. But playing with the JS10, it is indeed a tad faster than the BS12.

10. Annyn M

Annyn M Regular Member

Administrator/Freelance Web Designer
    Honestly, based on the fact that you like the feel of the bs10. I recommend it or the js10. I use bs12 2u and it is a blast, but if you want offence I recommend bs/js10.

11. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

I don't play with the BS10 before. I will have a chance to play with the BS12, BS12N and JS10 next week. Will see how it goes and which is more suitable for me. Thanks for the recommendation. ☺

12. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Having played with the BS12, 11 and the NR900 I have to disagree with your statement. First of all, the balance and shaft length of the BS11 offsets the stiffness difference and in play, the 11 and 12 will be close to each other. For the stiffness of the NR900, I do not feel like its the shoulder that needs to do more work, its the forearm.

13. DigitalDNA

Business Analyst
    The bs1
    The bs12 and 11 are both mid-balance on victor's chart, and the 11 is one dot stiffer, shaft lengths are similar too.
    Your shoulder is the pivot for your arm,stiffer racket,and one thats not damped,shoulder suffers. Dont see how your forearm is involved.

14. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

The handle on the 12 is longer than on the 11, while the head has the same size hence, the shaft is longer on the BS11.

For your point on the shoulder, I didn't understood exactly what you were talking about. I agree with what you are saying totally. What I was saying is that the forearm will need to work more to help generate the head speed (pronation and supination) needed to get the power from a stiff and head light racket.

15. Veldaga

Veldaga Regular Member

Tax Consultant
    As I have tried the three rackets, I believe the BS12 holds its own for being a fast allaround.
    Though I love the NR900 (somehow I love the speed and the birdie impact), but something about BS12 that makes this one a must have.