India at Rio

Discussion in 'Olympics 2016 - RIO' started by Airos, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    @nilesh123 Looks like This page hibernating, like one of those dead what's app group or orkut/myspace/friendster...

2. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    Neeraj Chopra should have been in olympics(he was so close)....His world record throw today at world junior championships would have atleast taken him into the finals.

3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    His WJR would have been good for a silver at Rio, however he struggled in the lead up badly, managing 78s daily for two months till cut off. Mental issues??

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Lol agreed, no worries coz I ain't going anywhere :D
    Also its only a matter of time this thread will be flooded! Only 11 days to go, EXCITED:p:cool::oops:
    BTW I was looking for Vinesh's competitors and their achievements past years, it seems really difficult:(

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As far as Neeraj is concerned it wasn't mental issue IMO he had an injury after the federation cup CMIIW. He is a natural as his coach said in SA Games, let's wait when he participates in the Sr WCs...

Fan123 likes this.
  6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Also u guyz missed (?) Narshimha Yadav's sample B failed in a doping test by NADA! That's truly a grave injustice for the nation as said by Satpal Singh, if he fails to go, our quota place will remain vacant :(

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I will be super happy... Better unrepresented than being represented by a coward....
    BTW UWW has allowed India to replace the doper.... Yet egotistical WFI won't send the 2nd best wrestler we have. (I rate Yogi higher).

Heard on Twitter:-- "Now we know how Sultaan Pehalwaan got MMA body in two weeks." :p

Bopanna should have got same in 2012... Currently in a catch 22 since my favourite Olympian is riding the coattails of my pet hate.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Really? Can they send Sushil. Idk but I read somewhere, India will stay unrepresented if Narsimha fails.

And by no means Sushil is second to anybody (at least under the tricolour)!
    Also, u read Rafa may play with (one of my recent fav) Muguruza? It'll be cracky to watch GOAT/Hingis vs Rafa/Muguruza in the finals! (Yes, I don't think Sania/Rohan has any chance to step even a foot ahead of QF). Rumors: Nole may pair with friend Ana Ivanovich! Def Champ Vika withdrew as she expects a baby, and guess what Simona Halep and (one of my fave) Milos withdrew fearing the Zika :(

Also our youngsters won 2 medals today in Jr Shooting WC.
    And I came to know today (might've missed b4) that India swapped a quota place of Sanjeev Rajput (3 pos) for a trap event (manavjit sandhu) :( HOW COULD THEY not only Sanjeev have better chances sandhu has past his prime

9. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    You are saying yadav is a coward?? So, you are completely denying any chance of sabotage??

10. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    They already have gagan and Chain singh for 3pos. Sanjeev Rajput hasn't done a 1170 in qualifying since 2014, while the final qualifcation mark for 2014 wch went for 1177 and rio world cup this year went for 1172.

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Rafa Gabi is confirmed unless Rafa pulls out... shooting and "past prime" is proportional to "A brown guy born in Lahore or Karachi is Arab and not Indian".. Rajput was out of form during trial period, which was scientific and scores across the period was accounted for.... If we are to consider post trial form, Pooja Ghatkar deserves more than Apurvi and Ayonika too

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Yes we will stay unrepresented... UWW had said anyone with a positive result couldn't play and asked India to name a replacement... IOC had given IOA 1 day to name a replacement, time ended 3 hours ago... When IOA asked WFI to name replacement, BBSY Baahubali refused...
    Jitender, Jaspal, Parvesh were options beyond Sushil, who has arbitrarily refused to be the replacement yesterday.....

By Wednesday, if Narsingh proves sabotage, he will receive WADA clearance to play, else Kal pata chalega

Ever since Reliance bought into IOC, IOC has been extremely kind to India.... Like it used to be till Kalmadi pissed Raja Randhir Singh who like BBSY got his own country banned..... How and why do we keep on producing so many Jaichands, Mir Jafars, Kanhaiya Kumars, Umar Khalids, Anirban Bhattacharryas??? God bless Indians with good sense.... We need it.

nilesh123 likes this.
  13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    @nilesh123 Youtube par Angrezi news ki rani sunna may bhulna.... You will thank me afterwards.

nilesh123 likes this.
  14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Narsingh replaced by Parveen Rana.... No medals from badminton, if we manage even a single,; it will rank aside 2011 WC WD/2010 CWG WD/2008 OG WS/2013 WC AS and the two Ubers in recent exploits.... A gold for any one in this draw will surpass PP and PG AEs.....
    Medal chances as good as Avtar Singhs and Dattu Bhokanals.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hahah yeah! So unlucky on SN's part, out of CM, RI, WYH and LXR we only dreaded the later and as the destiny was destine forehand its LXR who drops in the bag :(
    Yet again QF for SN, PVS's even trickier LM in group stages the prodigy TTY in PQF and if she manages anyhow WYH in QF! PV has the instinct and I believe she can drag aside TTY but a medal chance looks ominous. What to say about the others, needless to mention.

#115 nilesh123, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    JG/AP Even if they beat the Thais and the Dutch, will face the Japs again in QFs.... Unless LXR and/or one of the Japs picks an injury or a positive, SN and PV will have to play out of their skins to reach sfs

Can't blame the draw though... simply accept the reality that we aren't good enough :-(
    Hopefully CHANGE WILL BEGIN AT RIO.. .
    As underdog SN will have nothing to lose against mentally fragile LXR the defending champ... If a nobody from Spain can do it, why can't someone from the land which gave birth to the sport and has been internationally relevant forever throughout the decades.... I might not be wrong to suggest that badminton might be the most widely played individual sport in India.

nilesh123 likes this.
  17. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    disastrous major debut by Aditi..... dead last....

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    @nilesh123 Baan 3 over and T100+ at PGA champs.... Need 2 under 2day to survive cut...
    Aditi is virtually out unless she produces a crazy 62 or something

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    The pre-extravaganza butterfly invaded Aditi's stomach. I just hope she gets the antidote sooner then later. Baan is doing exactly what is expected :p

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Naah not quite that bad for Aditi...she just had one bad hole where she found water twice for a quad bogey and thus her entire card is looking bad