league organisation

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Maxell113, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Maxell113

Maxell113 New Member

hi,

I would like to make a round-robin of 8 players. each Player play double with each other... And I would like to have stats of everyone at the end, is it possible?

Thank you,
    Maxime

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I am not sure why you'd think that that would be somehow impossible.

In addition, I do think such a tournament would be fair and perfectly sensible, although players may not have the stamina to play 14 matches in a single day. I see absolutely no reason why one would not be able to compute stats. Naturally, some stats may disagree with others (for example final placement vs number of rallies won if a top player barely won against bottom ones, but a medium-level player trounced them all).

You have to be careful though how you rate players who drop out or resign for whatever reason. Most commonly, all matches of players that drop out are annulled, or all remaining matches are registered as having been won 21:0 21:0. Typically, annulling tends to be the better option, but if it's just temporary (say, injured in a year-long tournament), entering a 21:0 21:0 will be fine too.

3. Maxell113

Maxell113 New Member

it's for a league, I want something on excel ...