Match Analysis (technically or tactically)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Shadow88, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Shadow88

Shadow88 New Member

Hi guys, with time i become more and more courious about understanding strategy, tactics, technics...
    I already have some very interesting books about technics. But i'd like to know if you could advise some good content about Tactics.
    I mainly look for Match analysis ( analysis after the match or a match with a good commentator who say intersting things ! no things like "oh my godness ! how did he ever get that back !" ;)

Anyways If you have something which could help me undertand and learn more about about badminton, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks

PS : sorry if my english is bad this is not my native language ^^

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Watch any match commentated together by Gil Clark and Steen Pedersen, and you'll get some good analysis.

3. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    search for videos on badminton tactics, many of them are on youtube, you can also get good advices from coaches

4. Shadow88

Shadow88 New Member

thanks for badminton tactics i didn't knew that site. I have found some match with steen pedersen, he has good insight i love it. I have also found John Burgess, he has interesting view.

5. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    Steen Pedersen, but better yet: Morten Frost. He is excellent in giving tactical commentary of badminton matches. Most of the videos from BWF on youtube are commentated by Gill Clark and Steen Pedersen/Morten Frost. The matches from a couple of years back are most often with Mr. Frost.

6. Shadow88

Shadow88 New Member

Thank you ein_roboter ! I just watched some matches from le BWF channel it's very good ! It help me to wait for the olympic games ;)

7. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    You're welcome! I can't wait for the Olympic Games either!

As a side note with the videos and the commentary, I see a slight pattern with the commentators: most of the time during the intervals in the sets/between the sets, that's where they often talk about the tactics: "what should player 1 have to do to change the game" etc. I learned a lot by watching many videos. Youtube is amazing