Yonex DUORA-7

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by lhkjacky, Jan 17, 2016.

1. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

What is the balance point of your d10lcw?

2. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I dont have dry balance point. Wet balance point is 300mm. But note that I always stripped the original grip, wrap some cushion and an overgrip, which makes it head heavier.

3. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I would recommend you to try 4U. HX-Air is not demanding to use, unlike its big brother HX-800, which was a horrendous experience. If you could handle Onigiri, you can handle HX-Air. It's funny that HX-Air was supposed to be some gimmicky super light racket, but at 4U it is great. I suspect the use Aero Sword frame instead of the stupid Aero Diamond frame has something to do with it.

justinwyyau likes this.
  4. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

How many mm changes if original grip is stripped? 15mm or more?

5. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Thanks - will see if I can dry swing a HX-Air locally before deciding.

Justin

6. jctai

jctai Regular Member

For me it's around 8mm. I don't have the most accurate measuring apparatus or method. It also depends on what you replace the original grip with. In truth you can't just take my word for it, you have to experiment maybe with one of your existing rackets.

7. fitz

fitz New Member

Just picked up my Duora 7 from stringer, won't be able to play for a couple of days. My only other racquet is a BS12 so comparisons will be based on that.

Some first impressions:
    - "sharp" side doesn't feel quite as sharp as BS12
    - just bending racquets by hand, Duora 7 feels slightly stiffer. Brand new at this whole comparing rackets thing though so it's a bit hard to tell.
    - Duora 7 head is actually a bit larger than BS12. Haven't heard of BS having a small head so I guess the Duora just has an unusually large one?

8. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Directbadminton.co.uk measure all their rackets independently. They measure the Duora 7 with a BP of 301mm. I have been watching the Rio Olympics practically non-stop and I have seen a lot of players using it, including Christina Pederson and Chris Langridge of GB. It is an awesome looking racket.

9. jctai

jctai Regular Member

It does looks good following the tradition of classic rackets like Arc10, AT700, N90. I was surprised by the amount of players using Duora 7. Both Attri and Reddy from India are using it as well. Ayaka Takahashi from Japan is one of early adopters of Duora 7 and she has been performing consistently.

10. stcw219tan

stcw219tan Regular Member

Hi jc, if im looking for a racket that can generate more power should i go for js10 or duora7? Am looking to try out one of the new rackets. Currently im comfortable with using 3u arc 10 and n55 flame, however i feel like i cant really generate much power from either. I was thinking of getting a more flex racket (duora 7) than the current ones i have, but having seen so many reviews of js10, im tempted to give it a try but kinda skeptical cos of the stiffness ive been reading about in reviews. Which would you recommend? I play doubles mostly and i would say im more of a front and mid court player as i cant generate alot of power in my smash.

11. jctai

jctai Regular Member

With the right technique, both D7 and JS10 are great rackets. Both can punch equally hard but JS10 has the edge on speed, but note that my experience are with a 3U D7 (YY68Ti 24lbs) and a 4U JS10 (YYAS + Ultimax 25lbs). JS10 is head heavier, but due to its smaller frame head, aerodynamic profile and sharktec, it is a very fast racket. D7 is slower by a small margin but it is still quick for doubles game owing to its lighter head and one-sided aerodynamic frame profile.
    So what's the difference? The difference is in your game.
    If you enjoy pushes, finger-wrist flicks, wrist-stick smashes then I recommend JS10.
    If you enjoy net controls, full-swing smashes (this stick can really smash), drops then I recommend D7.
    Even though 4U JS10 can smash really hard, it's not efficient to do several full smashes in a row with it. It is more efficient to do stick-smashes at your opponents' pressure point and let your partner finish it off. My own observation is that compared to D7, JS10 isn't as meaty at the head as D7, the frame profile of JS10 is fat at the bottom and getting skinnier as it moves to the top, hence giving it the speed edge.

I do not know if your Arc10 is the old version or the newer Arc10TH, both of them play differently, but I can imagine it was not easy for you to use your N55 to its full potential at the net. N55 is a stiff and very head heavy box frame racket, designed to be used by very strong players who can produces ample speed to overcome the sluggish N55.

As always the issue of compatibility due to our different body build, game intensity, psychology, so just take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Alvin Dzaki, kwun and stcw219tan like this.
  12. stcw219tan

May I ask how different are the original arc 10 and the newer TH version? I own both, but haven tried the taufik hidayat version yet. I do not find the n55 to be sluggish though. It is actually quite alright to use but despite being able to handle stiff rackets I would prefer something else thats less stiff to generate more power.

I will be borrowing my friend's JS10 to try this sunday, hopefully ill be able to tell whether it suits me. The last time i held one (4U) i actually found that its head is heavier than my original version arc saber 10. I dont really have that much power and also i do not hit the shuttle flatly (mild slice), thats why im looking for a more flex racket to generate more power. Im actually considering 2 other rackets, which is the Victor TK Onigiri & BS LHI. Ive tried BS LHI 3U before, its kinda light but i think its fast enough for doubles though not so good in generation of power. Unsure if I should try the Onigiri (despite good reviews) as the head heaviness rating by victor is 5/5.

From your reply i think playstyle wise the JS10 would probably suit me more because I am more of a front player in doubles but D7 seems to be able to make up for what i lack in power (for smashes and drops). It seems like trying to find a racket that feels good takes quite abit of effort. So far all the rackets just seem meh to me.....

13. jctai

jctai Regular Member

The newer TH version is friendlier and easier to generate power, might be what you're looking for.
    Mild slice huh.. is there a reason to slice the shuttle when you're trying to generate power?
    Onigiri is not hard to use at all, from memory the old Arc10 was way harder to generate power.
    For me Onigiri and D7 almost requires no time to get accustomed to. JS10 on the other hand, took me about one month to play well with it.
    I have never used a BS LHI before.
    I'm using a JS12 3U (91g dry) now, while it is more flexible compared to JS10, it is generally much heavier than my 4U JS10 (85g) dry. Flat exchange with JS10 is fast but JS12 is fast and intimidating. But I haven't get accustomed to the JS12.
    There's many rackets that you can try too, Voltric LD Force, Voltric GlanZ, NR900, for me they are easy to generate power.

14. stcw219tan

Oh thats gd news for me! The racket feels quite stiff, maybe I'm not that good at gauging the feel of the racket without playing with it. Its not an intentional slice but rather a learnt incorrect "habit". I'm still trying to correct my grip through training, will take some time though.

Was looking to try the new JS12 but now currently constrained by budget. JS10 also not cheap. Dont think I'll like the glanz, LD force or nr900. Tried the nr900, the feel is more dull i guess.

From your advice, looks like i will get either a TK Onigiri or Duora 7 :)

Hopefully ill enjoy my new racket. Thanks so much!

jctai likes this.
  15. Yuiibo

Yuiibo New Member

Designer
    What you mean Easy racket to generate power is light head or balanced racket? i bought Voltic ZF II LCW 3UG5and LD 4UG4 Edition. Damn both of that rackets really hard to handle especially LCW.

I thought head heavy will give more power in smashes. It does but i have to say voltric really not suitable for doubles.

Now im looking for doubles and light racket for smash. I am hard hitter and hard feeling player. so confusing choose nanoray 900 or duora 7 or nanoray z speed. I hope any enlightment between these premium racket.

16. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Hi Yuiibo, in the context that I'm talking about is between the old Arcsaber 10 and the new version Arcsaber 10 Taufik Hidayat. Both supposedly have the same balance point, weight and material, however my hands told me that the new Arc10TH has a more "springy" shaft.
    Any racket could be a great choice for doubles, most people prefer even balanced and head light racket because it makes life easier for fast games. I've seen people play doubles really well with ZF1, ZF2, N90, so just choose whatever you feel good.
    ZF2LCW is too difficult for me as well, ZF2LD 4U in contrast is much more easier to play with.
    Nanoray 900 is a even balance racket, not head light, It is called a Nanoray because it has a very fast frame profile. Nanoray 900 has a relatively stiff shaft but not too difficult to use. The hitting feel of a Nanoray 900 is harder compared to VT80, Arc10, Arc11, Duora7. To generate more speed in the shuttlecock, you need to swing the racket faster because NR900 is highly repulsive, if the shuttlecock did not stayed in the string bed long enough, you won't see the speed that the racket can generate.
    Duora 7 is also a even balance racket, with softer shaft. Hitting feel is softer and it is easier to generate power compared to Nanoray. Duora 7 also has a very nice control attribute because the shuttle stay on the string bed a little bit longer, much like Arc10 and Arc11.
    Nanoray Z-Speed 2nd Generation is not easy to use. Unlike its predecessor, the orange version, the new Z-Speed's shaft is stiffer. Making it very fast for reaction shots (no lag) but at the same time very difficult to generate power. No doubt it is a very fast racket, but it is useless if you can't bend the shaft enough to generate the power you need. So unless you have very good wrist and finger strength, I would not recommend this racket. A lot of my friends has sold this racket and went back to the orange version because it is simply a different racket.
    Above are just my experience and my point of view, if your friends has one of these rackets, always ask them to let you have a try.

Dimon75 likes this.
  17. Dimon75

Dimon75 Regular Member

Recenlty (one month approx.) switched to Duora 7 from Nanoray 900 and find it much more suitable for me (mostly doubles). Power, defense, swing speed, control - everything is better. Some of the club mates noticed progress in my playing abilities.
    Have to pay attention to the proper racket orientation - looks like it helps to make my mind busy between the rallies)

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

18. Sianturi

Sianturi Regular Member

[​IMG]

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm about to write my review of Duora 7. I think it's a great racket. PLayers need to get over the fast/slow side element and the worry that by spinning their racket, they may find the wrong side when playing the shot. The difference between these sides isn't enough to warrant such concerns.

I've really enjoyed this racket, much more than Duora 10.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

justinloong, X_Z_XIA and Dimon75 like this.
  20. arsenov

arsenov Regular Member

any suggestion what is the best string for D7 ( flex shaft ) ?