APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

yonex VT 80 might be for you

2. Vivek@1983

Vivek@1983 Regular Member

Sorry sir I want apacs racket similar to AVP which is more aerodynamic with some powerfull hitting . I recently brought tantrum 200 ii but it is not suiting me , may be it will take some time to adjust . but disappointed with my decision of buying tantrum 200 ii .
    Others views are also welcome.

3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Lethal 110, if not powerful enough, try slayer88 II

4. Carbonex_7

5. sharizulhedy

sharizulhedy Regular Member

Operation Manager
    Hi guys, need ur assistance between force 80, n force 3 and n power 10? Pro and cons. From apacs website, the specs are similar.

Is virtuoso performance really good? How about it stiffness

Is nano 9900 any good?

6. Vivek@1983

Vivek@1983 Regular Member

Yes apacs virtouso performance is really good racket in all aspect . i am fully satisfied with AVP except in one department , i.e its durability . Mine AVP broke after 6 month of playing during a clash.
    I recently bouhht another AVP but a broken AVP was delivered to me. May be in transportation it was broken . Any way sportshorizen is refunding me the money back , its unfortunate for both of us.
    But still i will buy the AVP again because i love it.
    If someone in apacs fan club can share their experience regarding the durability of AVP i.e for how much months they played with it or how much time AVP survive.
    It will be a valuable guideline for us.
    Thanks & Regards
    Vivek ....

7. Carbonex_7

no advance racket will survive a clash, unless you are using those cheepo $20 steel frame racket from supermarket.

I have used AVP for over a year with 29/30lbs of tension, i am a back court smasher. Most of the clashes happened when the back court person hit from behind when front court person retreated to reach an overhead shot or when shuttle came right through the middle of two person. So the guy at the back has all the control to avoid any course of collision. For shuttle that come in the middle, normally the right handed person is the person to return. If the your are right handed and your partner is left handed, then you have to communicate before the match who is responsible to take.

Apacs produce one of the strongest frame in the market that can sustain 35-40lbs of tension. You will notice how thick Apacs frame is compare it with Yonex and Victor rackets.

To sharizulhedy, most of the rackets (except AVP) you mentioned are low end apacs which do not play well if you are an intermediate to advance player. Which is the better racket depends on your level of play, play style, physical fitness and depth of pocket. AVP plays like Victor BS12, but I am not a fan of quick drive play and medium stiff shaft. I am playing with stiff racket most of the time, drop shot and whack, whack, drop, whack, drop and whack.

8. sharizulhedy

sharizulhedy Regular Member

Operation Manager
    Nice insight view Vivek and Carbonex 7. Bought the AVP and now on to testing stages. Use BS12 previously, very fast. Hope AVP dont disappoint

9. baddie9905

baddie9905 New Member

Hi guys, I am looking for a backup racquet for my 3u jetspeed 10. Can I know which apacs model has very stiff shaft and headlight/even balance? Thanks.

10. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Try the Tantrum 200ii good racket.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Carbonex_7 likes this.
  11. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    i'v" bought the ferocious 22 (racket with slimmest shaft ever).
    I will write a review when i'll receive it :)

12. takumi4

takumi4 Regular Member

One thing people almost never mention about the AVP is the sound it makes when you hit the sweet spot. It produces a somewhat metallic twang that just sounds great.

I've got myself a new AVP.... my last broke in 2012. And it's just so much fun to use.

Anyway, Apacs has almost completely replaced all of my Yonex racquets since my last post.

Got some high end ones which I wasn't too happy with and cheaper mid-level rackets that are just amazing. Goes to show that not all high end racquets are suitable for certain individuals.

Hierarchy of my rackets now... (From less enjoyable (Left) to most enjoyable)

Yonex Nanoray 9000 LD, Apacs blend 7000, Yonex Voltric 5, Apacs Lethal 110, Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722, LiNing Windstorm 700, Yonex Arcsaber 9FL, Apacs Virtuoso Performance

The Nanoray, Blend and Voltric are no longer in my bag. They sit in a thermo case in the car just in case I get an invite to play and I can't drive home to get my gear.

adamalev23 likes this.
  13. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I have been enjoying using my AVP lately.

14. edwin0foong

edwin0foong New Member

Hey guys. I need recommendation for getting an Apacs. My local store is having a sale. So probably looking at getting it soon. I was using Armortec 800DE then changed to Duora 10 recently. I only play doubles. I am open to anything. Please see from below list. Thanks ahead.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    I have 2 apacs
    Z Ziegler
    Lethal8

Lethal 8 feels flimsy and weighty, is it all right?

16. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

Out of that list I love the N-Force III and Feather Weight 300. The N-Force III is my go-to racquet. The Edgesaber 10 sucks, I gave mine away. If you want something super light (and super flexible) the Feather 500 might be worth a try. You could also try 925badmintonace on ebay, his prices are usually cheaper than the store sales. I've bought over a dozen Apacs racquets from him and his prices are good and shipping is fast and usually reliable (usually 7 or 8 days from Malaysia to Canada). If he doesn't have an auction listing for what you want just send him a message and he may have it in stock. I can't speak to his stringing quality though as I always get my rackets shipped with no string and no extra grip (the grip that he has sent me in the past doesn't work well with my sweaty hands) and he usually charges me a little less but maybe that is because I have ordered lots from him.

17. Tony

Tony Regular Member

Hi guys. Is there any review for lethal 60 ii (second gen). Is there any difference with the first gen? I'm looking for a replacement with my RIP lining N90 first gen. And i love to try with apacs brand. I already did buy tantrum ii and i love it to playing double. But i still need the old feeling with the head heavy racket. It makes me feel more comfort and controlled. My friend suggested me with Apacs Slayer 99 2U. But what i read that Slayer 99 2u is feel like an even balance racket. My preferences for the racket is explosive, head heavy and stable (control) feeling. Please kindly share a review on lethal 60 ii. Thank you.

18. Carbonex_7

the only racket that catches my eyes is Ziggler LHI Pro. Dont waste money on those clones.

19. Carbonex_7

I ordered a L60II few months ago from a Malaysia online store but it was out of order and was told that the manufacturer has no schedule to reproduce another batch, will try my luck again end of this year when I am in KL.

Ya, T200II is a beast and my go to racket now.

20. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I have that. Really good racket. Powerful smashes.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk