Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

You guys (Mark, Paul, Ch1k0 et al) who like hard hitting heavy rackets with booming smashes, the Jetspeed line is not designed for you. After all it's designed to be aerodynamic much like the Bravesword series it replaced. Shouldn't you guys look at HX or even the TK series instead?

#561 visor, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well mate. When you put it that way. We could ask KSH the same question

DarthHowie likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Well, maybe I will...

But really, do you think he (and Lee/Yoo) are really using regular commercial BS12's that you and I get off the store shelves? Not a rhetorical question, just wondering what your thoughts on it are...

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The amount of flex in those things during the slow mo of them smashing? They're probably KRPs. Just that lil touch stiffer and head heavier.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

And that's also what irks me somewhat, those would be beautiful specs to work with. Why didn't Victor just put out a new racket in those specs? Instead of having us chase the KRP... or perhaps KOR team favourite colour is blue...

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Maybe. I'm not too bothered. I seem to be favouring that spec again lately. Been feeling really tired.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

I know exactly how you feel. I've been tending towards more user friendly specs past yr.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I regret not bringing the JS12 or BS12 for ny session last night..that being said. The 9200 performed admirably.

9. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

What I've heard is that he is using regular commercial JS12, but with better QC.

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Ah Blue. You do know that the post you quoted is us talking about the BS12 and not JS12 right?

11. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

Ah, I thought it's mistyped.:p

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Yeah... was wondering where is ur JS12 in action last nite...

13. funbound

funbound Regular Member

Could anyone compare it to TK9000?

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Faster, less powerful and stiffer.

15. jamesjjj

jamesjjj Regular Member

my review on 3U JS12 + BG80 27lb
    my current racket are.. 4U ZF2, 4U onigiri, 4U JS10, 3U VT80, so my review will be relative to these rackets
    I consider myself an aggressive power player, always smash whenever I can, and if my smash get lifted back, the only resolution is to smash to the same person repeatedly until he fail to return. Pride issues lol. I mainly play MD, I always start out 1st few games using ZF2 then to Onigiri as main. However, with ZF2 being so demanding, when playing against two fast players ZF2 defense can't really keep up. (especially my backhand cross court clear with ZF2 usually ended short, so opponent smash) There are club players who I've seen using ZF2 fluidly in MD but he is on daily drill/training, in my opinion ZF2 is not exactly a amateur friendly MD racket. Hence, in some fast games I'll use JS10. Not saying JS10 a wimpy racket as I've done some quality smash with the JS10 but the head lightness seems difficult to reliably bend the shaft for maximum power. I'd have to precisely time my smash so I could fully swing my arm/wrist to bend the JS10 shaft but then it will return to form so quickly. Also smashing with JS10, it feel as if I am more like chipping the birdie instead of direct impact feel. Having said that, JS10 is actually my favorite racket as I can also do more fakes to add more variety to my play, being a more rounded player.

Now on to JS12. To my surprise the dry swing speed is't fast at all. only slightly faster than ZF2 but far slower than JS10. But this is the most "solid" racket I've ever used. Both onigiri and JS10 felt like hitting birdie with empty soda can with a "ding" sound, but the JS12 really felt like a baseball bat hitting someone's ass with "Pam". Although the shaft is not ultra stiff, the frame does feel ultra rigid so birdie would still fly in desired direction when not hitting the sweet spot, extremely player forgiving like VT80. Also being a head heavy "solid" racket, chips and drops are easily controlled as the racket seems to do most of the work with follow through. Best thing with JS12 is now I can do back court drive with smashing power with the birdie only 1-2cm higher than net consistently. (yes I do back court drive lol) Now to smash, wow this racket deliver. During the smash, I feel the head would wrap the birdie for few milliseconds then torpedo it to the opponent. I play some golf, and smashing with JS12 feels similar to hitting a golf ball with a driver (where the head of the driver is sticked to the ball then exploded). Smash rating is probably right betwee ZF/onigiri but far ahead of JS10. The JS12 still defend reasonably if I grip 5cm higher (I usually only grip the end) . As you can probably tell JS12 is now my main as it seem to be the best blend of ZF2/onigiri while having the best "satisfactory" feel on impact than any other racket. I'd think JS12 is suitable for most MD power players to deliver powerful punch yet being reasonably fast. However, the JS10 still serve me well in the other end of spectrum. I can see myself having only JS12 + JS10 in my bag and retire the ZF2/onigiri/VT80. Good job victor

#575 jamesjjj, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Leoty, soulsync and visor like this.
  16. stcw219tan

stcw219tan Regular Member

Hi im looking to get a new racket. Am looking to get a 4u as my other backup racket is a TK ONIGIRI 4u (haven gotten to testing it yet).

Would you recommend the 4u JS10 OR 4U JS12? And why? I've tried the 4u JS10. I like the speed of the racket as it is quite fast. But i think the sweet spot kind of bothers me as i get like vibrations or weird responses from the racket when i dont hit the sweet spot. I'm an intermediate player who mainly plays doubles.

Please advice. Thank you!

17. stcw219tan

stcw219tan Regular Member

Hi im looking to get a new racket. Am looking to get a 4u as my other backup racket is a TK ONIGIRI 4u (haven gotten to testing it yet).

Would you recommend the 4u JS10 OR 4U JS12? And why? I've tried the 4u JS10. I like the speed of the racket as it is quite fast. But i think the sweet spot kind of bothers me as i get like vibrations or weird responses from the racket when i dont hit the sweet spot. I'm an intermediate player who mainly plays doubles.

Please advice. Thank you!

18. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Bro, maybe the tension of ur racket is too high. Higher tension, less sweetspots.

19. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Hi, can someone compare this racket to hypernano x800 ltd power? I want to buy of of them. But still confused. I play MD. Often do powerful smash, good defenders. Current racket is lining n9 and i like it. Can someone recommend me is the js 12 or hx800ltd power better for me?

20. Stainlesstyle

Stainlesstyle New Member

Here's a quick recap of my initial experience with the 4U JS12 and primary motivational factors behind my purchase. If you want to skip to my thoughts of the JS12, I suggest skipping my second paragraph completely. I have playing experience with: MP99, AT900T, ARC10 and current 4U ZF2 and N90iii

To begin, until 2016 I have been playing exclusively Yonex as I've always been suspect of other manufacturers quality control and consistency of racquets coded the same. I've been playing badminton now for about 15 years, and while I've never progressed beyond the intermediate stage I've logged a decent amount of court time. Until last year my favored racquet configuration has been 3U even balance stiff. Used a MP99->AT900T->ARC10. While I was visiting Asia on a trip last summer, I had in my mind to buy a ARC11 (ARC10 just a tad bit slow IMO), but there was no 3U version available (shop only had 4U), so spur of the moment decided to get a 4U ZF2, my rational was that I've always found HH racquets to be too heavy and difficult to play with even, even such that I play a very aggressive power game for someone with my build. I was completely worried that a ARC11 at 4U would be too light and not generate enough power. Similar to many concerns about the 4U JS12. The 4U ZF2 was a revelation for me, easily the best racquet I have ever played with. All my worries about 4U pretty much went down the drain. It's a difficult racquet to play with and I completely agree that is one for advanced players, perhaps even such more advanced than my own skill level. However with a slight learning curve, I've adapted quite well. I like the weight distribution near the top of the head, and I had never really enjoyed or felt comfortable with my AT900T. So as much as I like my ZF2, the smashes, clears, drop, net (drives and defense slightly lacking) it does cause a lot of energy drain on me especially with my frequent smash regime. I only get to play badminton once a week regularly now and the playing sessions I play tend to be 3hrs or 3hrs+. After the 2hr mark, I no longer feel as fresh as I did in the beginning and I notice that it is harder for me to play the ZF2 effectively given the crazy weight distribution. From here on, I really have wanted a faster easier to play with racquet that I can drop the ZF2 and pick up and go. So here is the 4U JS12 to fill that role.

I'm completely convinced that playing 4U CAN generate enough power. Keeping true to my intentions I started playing with my ZF2 and switched to the JS12 after a few games without any initial warmup. Immediately, friendly. The JS12 is very easy to play with, I like stiff racquets and even though it is less stiff than the ZF2, still enough for me to enjoy. I wanted something slightly more flexible to help play a easier game too. Defense is noticeably improved, clears and drives felt good as did the drops. Smashing, lost a bit of power but the swing of the JS12 felt more natural to me than the pull and drag of the ZF2. 4U feels good, I can still generate lots of power and maintain the same gameplan. The JS12 has a normal size head, which is slightly bigger than the ZF2, and this helps, I found the N90iii and the extra large head be more of a negative than positive. That could however be that I have not adapted to the N90 yet. Overall my initial impressions of the JS12 are very positive. Easy to pick up and play with swings just a tad bit faster than the 4U ZF2, much faster than my 3U ARC10,. To give a bit of comparison, the weights of my racquets (after string, and grip, I tend to keep the original plastic wrap on the handle on and wrap over one layer of supergrap) the JS12 comes in at 92g, ZF2 at 93g and and the 3U ARC10 is 98g. Overall still need more some more playtime but initial impressions are good. I personally feel like the playing field between Yonex, Victor and Li-ning etc are getting closer and closer together and really feel like the playing field is now more level than ever before, a positive for the consumer.​