Yonex Voltric GlanZ Superior Line Anyone Interest ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, May 25, 2016.

1. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

Any new news?

2. robinc

robinc Regular Member

I was told the recommended max tension is 22 Ibs. +2 Ibs is still acceptable. Anything more probably at the expense of the racket durability.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. robinc

robinc Regular Member

[​IMG]

Bought this today and strung it with BG66UM at 22 Ibs. I would say it is stiff.

braveswordfan likes this.
  4. shking

shking Regular Member

Security System Technical support
    how much for this racket ya?

5. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Check with your local store for pricing will be the best.

Not the easiest racket to handle but shouldn't be a problem with intermediate player after practising and getting accustom to.
    I say this racket meet my expectation in many area.

6. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

robinc, so you say it's stiff. Would you mind saying in relation to what, ie is it similar in stiffness to a zf2, vt80?

How bout head heaviness as well?

7. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Renmazuo27, i'll try to answer your question as much as i can. First of all, I did not own many rackets for comparison especially the more modern badminton rackets. Those models you mentioned i do not have on hand for comparison.

This racket is definitely head heavy. You can easily detect it when the racket is at unstrung state. However, after i strung the racket, the head heavy characteristic isn't that oblivious to me. For stiffness, i can compare to another racket i have which is a N90II. I rate this racket as stiff, firstly, because when i try to bend the racket with my hands, it flex slightly more compared to N90II. Secondly, during my practise drill with this racket, the impact feel i received tells me that this racket belongs to the stiff category.

Hopes that give you a rough idea on the queries you have in mind.

8. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

T
    Thanks for the reply robinc. Luckily I had some time with the N90II. A racket that I didn't mind at all actually.

So if in your impression it was stiffer than the n90II, personally I feel that could work for me. I enjoyed my time with it and my only criticism was that it would flex a bit too much for my liking. Might have to add this one to the list. Thanks again!

9. robinc

robinc Regular Member

I screw up my N90II at the moment so i can't really have a good feel in comparison. I setup up my N90II with a new string and tension which i cannot handle. Probably after i reset it would i be in a better position to evaluate and compare. I'm not having enough time with N90II but i feel this racket has slightly better aerodynamic compared to VGlanz. I observed that N90II cuts through the air slightly faster when i drill on back to back court.

When i drill with VGlanz, the feel i received is that it doesn't flex or actually flex slightly which i could not sense. Decent racket i can say. It will be best if you have the opportunity to test it out before you make a purchase.

10. rtl95

rtl95 Regular Member

could you give us a review on this racket when u get the chance? Also i was wondering how it compares to the victor thruster k9000 if you have a chance to compare. Thanks!

11. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Rtl95, I have to disappoint you because i do not have a Victor thruster K9000 for a direct comparison.

What are you looking for in VGlanz? I'm asking this as to me, each model/racket has marginal differences between them, generally speaking.

12. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Update:
    I have reset my N90II LD speed to BG66UM @ 24 Ibs. This racket is not a head heavy racket and the comparison with VGlanz yield very different performance.

First of all, N90II LD speed doesn't bend as much as VGlanz when you try bending it with your hand. This give a false impression that N90II is stiffer than VGlanz. However, VGlanz provide a stiffer hitting feel compared to N90II speed. Therefore, I rate VGlanz as stiff but doesn't reach the rating of extra stiff.

Power wise. VGlanz 1 N90II speed 0. Using equivalent strength, the repulsion power produced by VGlanz is much better. This translate to faster shutter speed.

Power without control is nothing. VGlanz 1 N90II speed 0
    I can control significantly much better with VGlanz than N90II.

Time spent on VGlanz 3hrs. Time spent on N90II speed 1hr.

Suitability. VGlanz 1 N90II speed 0 the swing time matches me, my performance is significantly better using VGlanz, giving me more consistent contact & better quality returns.

Using N90II speed, my swing time is often off. Either my swing becomes too fast or slightly late. My unforced errors performance is significantly higher when using N90II.

In conclusion, VGlanz is a racket that suits me a lot more than N90II speed. I will recommend this racket to players who are seeking a stiff feel racket in their play and hope you find it as suitable as I find it to be.

In foresee future, I will let go my genuine N90II speed even though it is newly bought with not more than 3hrs of play time. In perfect condition, strung with BG66UM @ 24 Ibs on 17th Sep. Pm me for further discussion if you are keen to take over this pre-loved racket.

Have fun with badminton!

#52 robinc, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  13. braveswordfan

braveswordfan Regular Member

doctor
    First time I to write something please be patient with me. I am currently using a nanoray Glanz and I love it. It meets my specs as an old dog learning new tricks. Clear especially backhand is wonderful definitely gives me an edge over my

14. braveswordfan

doctor
    First time I to write something please be patient with me. I am currently using a nanoray Glanz and I love it. It meets my specs as an old dog learning new tricks. Clear especially backhand is wonderful definitely gives me an edge over my other old dog friends in this department, So I do buy this Glanz concept and eager to hear what the VGlanz review.

15. braveswordfan

doctor
    First time I to write something please be patient with me. I am currently using a nanoray Glanz and I love it. It meets my specs as an old dog learning new tricks. Clear especially backhand is wonderful definitely gives me an edge over my other old dog friends in this department, So I do buy this Glanz concept and eager to hear what the VGlanz review.
    Hi Robinc,
    I am glad U love it. Thank U for taking the time to give us your valuable opinion. In your opinion, will this be fast enough for double net play? Please give us an update when u have more time with it.

Best wishes,

16. Veldaga

Veldaga Regular Member

Tax Consultant
    Hi braveswordfan,
    Could you tell me your string tension you're using on your N-Glanz?

Thanks, mate.

17. braveswordfan

doctor
    Hi Veldaga,
    Many thanks for your interest, Firstly let me apologise to all friends in this forum for my repeated first post by mistake as I am no good with computers.

Your question is very intersting and valid. I have been experimenting with the tension with my nanoray Glanz. 22 lb to start off with as instructed with aerosonic as repulsion is what I am looking for. First thing I noticed was control was lacking in the front court as generally the frame and material is quite soft not a solid hitting platform. However, the shuttle did reach the back of the court quite easily as advertised. So to counter this I increased the tension to my normal 25lb next still with aerosonic. Then I noticed the far reaching shuttle court effect diminished noticeably. So my compromise currently is 23lb with aerosonic. The down side of aerosonic is it breaks very quickly and hence very expensive as a whole (restringing almost every month). BG 80 power is my alternative in my other rackets.

To get this back court far reaching effect for clear, only my old voltric 80 can do it for me but my arm usually aches a lot after a night playing with demanding head heavy racket.

Nanoray Glanz does do what it says on the tin about this further reach/flight for clear. This gives me a good edge over my friends as we are all passed our prime (hence old dogs) mainly in single . But for me drive, net short with control, controlled drop shot especially slicing and smash are all slightly compromised. But for single a good length is so important, I am happy for the compromise and arm aches a lot less.

So, if any Voltric Glanz owner can let me know if this is potentially my holy Gail will be much appreciated. IE far reaching effortless clear but still a reasonable hitting platform with control.

18. Veldaga

Veldaga Regular Member

Tax Consultant
    Well, all I know is old dogs usually deliver some of the best quality play in my town.

23 lbs sounds quite nice, and bg 80 power might a good string for V-Glanz if aerosonic breaks too often.
    Thanks for your reply, mate. Have a great play.

19. braveswordfan

doctor
    Any news my friend. Waited for your valuable opinion for weeks. Much appreciated.

20. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Hi braveswordfan
    I am glad to chance upon this racket and it is a privilege to be able to share & contribute to fellow badminton enthusiasts.

You have asked a question that is very difficult to answer.

In my opinion, any racket is good enough for double play. Having said that, the general rule of thumb is that head light racket is more preferred for double play because there are more side movement and defence/offence. It is a fact that head light rackets can move faster compared to head heavy rackets. Hence, giving defensive players more advantage at resolving smashes or net offence.

In my humble opinion, the choice of racket has to be take into consideration the strategy, tactic & playing style. What kind of role & player are you in the team, are you more incline to offence or defence or you are working on overall? Therefore, there is no fix "rule" for double racket or single racket. One should always uses a racket that one can perform with.

Fast aggressive net play is often depend more on one's physical & technique attributes rather than rackets. It is often observed that most social players uses the wrong execution during net play. They tend to use forearm movement more and hold the wrong part of the handle. It should be wrist and front portion of the handle.

Hope that help you in somewhere.