Li-ning hero II

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by andrew14yeo, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    The other Li Ning shoe I got was the black Fu Haifeng one, which I bought for quite a hefty price. Generally, in my opinion, Li Ning shoes, racket and all are of superior quality as compared to Yonex. However, they just dont seem to have the magical element that makes my game special. Maybe its me, but I prefer lighter and more responsive shoes. Victor SH9200 that I got is rather decent and provides very good grip not to mention ankle support. While wearing my Li Nings my feet feel very comfortable as though they are literally wrapped in cushion, their sile cushioning is not as dynamic and repulsive as Yonex and Victors. They also tend to be heavier and the grip isnt as good, but they make up for superior built quality and durability, as in the cushion although ordinary doesnt "fade" out as much as my Yonex especially.

Personally, I would rate it as such

By performance I mean speed and responsiveness.

Btw, my shoes are:
    1. Li Ning Fu Haifeng AYAH009 (grip gone)
    2. Li Ning Hero II Silver (too small now)
    3. Asics Gel Blast 4 (wearing out soon)
    4. Asics Gel Blade 4 ×2 (worn)
    5. Yonex SHB 101 ltd (worn years ago)
    6. Yonex SHB Aerus (just bought)
    7. Victor SHP9100 FG (worn)
    8. Victor SH9200 DG (currently using)

2. sherwingotmail

sherwingotmail Regular Member

thank you so much lyonn loo that is exactly what i need to know. i been stuck to yonex and victor shoes and racket but want to try li ning.
    been hesitate to try it beacause of the higher price, but seeing some shoes in my local club and had some research and with your view about it i wanna try there shoes , i see lining shoes are well made as u said the performance and"technologies" department seems need to develop .but like what u said it more durable and can last longer.

i played 2-4 weekly before in college days,attended some trainings and tournaments. i dont care about the technology before put some basic badminton shoe and racket will go. since i dont have a lot of deniro to spend,but alot of time and heart i am more focus to just go more play time as i can.
    and now that i have a fulltime entry level job. time and energy drains more on me. i still go play but 1 0r rarely 2 a week. i have some money to spend now but but not much :D ,i fell that i play more weak than my old younger self, and know that i have a little to spend. im a know rely more on "technology "to feel the gap of training and playing time.
    they say spend more on coach and training , but know that i have no time and energy but a little bit to spend but dont wanna spend alot . looks like asics sound interesting to me

i also intrigue about there rackets can you gave me your perspective about yonex , victor ,lining racket

3. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Do take my comment with a pinch of salt. I have been playing much less badminton recently since my departure from my team. However, I do still have the motivation and interest to play, as well as own different badminton-related equipments. As my area now has less badminton influence, I dont have the opportunity to try out as many rackets as I like.

But I have the following rackets:
    Li Ning-Woods N90II, N80
    Yonex-VT80, VTZFii, NRZSP lime, ARC 10, Duora 10
    Victor-MX80
    Kason- C7

And I have used the following:
    MXJJS(Broken, my favourite)

Is there any specific racket that you want to compare with my humble opinion?

Back to the shoes. In my area, Yonex is the most widely available and the cheapest, followed by Asics, Li Ning and finally Victor. However, Li Ning is having a sale now and I think some of their shoes (2013 models) are going at a discount of almost 50%. This makes them rather affordable, even the top ends, just not the latest series. Asics makes good shoes and fantastic cushioning, just dont expect the same amount of stability or lightmess of a Yonex.

4. sherwingotmail

right now i have zf 2 LD yellow 3U, G4 and waiting on the other zf 2 black 4u, g5 i like the ld zf 2 3u 4g . i think it really help me get a extra power on my smash but since i usually play doubles feels like it harder to get the counter defence the opponent smash , i like to counter drive ,or counter cross drive the smash.but since this is a head heavy racket for me it feels like it harder to maneuver . so want to give zf2 another chance and waiting for its lighter version next week, and i have voltirc omega pro 3u g5 i think low or mid range racket it is lighter than zf 2 but lesser power may be 60- 80 percent power . and meteor x 80 that i think is fake , voltric 80 e tune 4u g5 but broken just a couple of months of using
    how to you compare vt 2 - woods n902
    head heaviness , stiffness of the shaft, the feel ,and etc "technologies "

5. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    In my humble opinion, the N90ii is your basic head heavy, solid racket. Picking it up you will feel that it feels like those old school rackets ala AT900P or 700. A very solid hitting surface and the large head makes it a wonderful platform for dropshots, netshots and clears as the feel is there. Power is there if you apply it correctly as the racket is quite stiff too. But if you are looking for a lighter ZFii, then you are not looking at the right racket. The ZFii that I have is much lighter than the N90ii, making it faster and more maneuvarable at least to me. It has a stiffer shaft, but the relatively thin shaft compared to the N90ii makes it kinda whippy for that desired whip effect. Backhands on the ZFii is phenomenal if you manage to contact the sweetspot at the right time for me while the N90ii is better for just backhand drops due to the solid platform. The N90ii gives a good smash, but not as great as the ZFii. You will feel a very solid and pleasant thump as you smash, but it wont match the speed of the ZFii due to the less whippy shaft. All in all, the N90ii for me is mkre geared towards control and rallying shots while the ZFii for the speed and power of modern badminton. Hope this helps!

6. sherwingotmail

thank you so much for your time , it really helps me ,like a lot , learn and save a lot thanks men . hope there should be a more video reviewer for badminton equipments like the tons in smartphone reviewer on youtube :D.i find few though,one of the prominent is paul from UK .but not sure if he is really not bias since he is now a victor sponsored. he review other rackets like lining , apacs, and yonex where he is sponsored to before going to victor
    so n90 2 is stiffer shaft than vz2 ???
    right now just wanna try labeled by yonex as "extra stiff" shaft of vz2
    .i do know if there was more stiffer than this shaft as im not have a vasts experience in rackets??? .i know that every racket manufacturer has different stiffness rate . doesnt me extra stiff on yonex is the same as extra stiff in victor or lining or etc right >???.
    they said stiffer shaft give more control and transfer direct force from the shaft to the head and to the bed string
    and stiffer shaft can be more useful on the person who has strong arms and fast swing , i dont have that strong and fast swing i think , just wanna try the direct transfer of force and contorl :D