Arcsaber 002 vs Muscle Power 29 Lite

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by theironhide, Aug 24, 2015.

1. theironhide

theironhide Regular Member

Hello everyone!

I am new to BadmintonCentral, having joined only yesterday. Seeing as there are so many helpful people out here, I want your opinion on racket choice.

I would consider myself a (low) intermediate player. I have been using an Indian brand racket (http://www.silversportsindia.com/pro...1500-AACU.html) for over 2 years now. It is a 3U-G3 95 gm racket with a stiff shaft and an oval head.I have been looking for a new racket now and need your suggestions deciding between the two choices I have finalized from this post (www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/156807). They are:

Yonex Arcsaber 002 (Relatively larger frame and more flexible shaft, and nanoair spring)

Yonex Muscle Power 29 Lite (Relatively less flexible, has "Shock Less Grommet System" and a HM graphite and titanium mesh)

Now it is evident that these specs are straight from Amazon, but what I fear is how much will playing with a flex/mid-flex racket after having played with a stiff racket affect my game. Therefore, I urge you to kindly offer your recommendations as to which one of these two I should go for.

1. How often do you play, how serious are you? - Around 8-9 hours weekly, intermediate player
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...) -
    Bit of both, mixed style (both singles and doubles)
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance? -
    Both, but performance a tad bit more than durability (like performance:durability :: 60:40)
    4. How much money do you want to spend? -
    Maximum 3500 INR or approximately $55

Please reply. Thanks.

2. SHiX

SHiX New Member

Which one did you finally buy? I've bought the arc saber 002v recently. It's been working out wonderfully for me.

3. Alfredhpv

Alfredhpv Regular Member

Accountant
    Go for Arcsaber 002