Victor Jetspeed 12 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ahren92, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Genkz

Genkz Regular Member

Already Starts during warmups.

Strings are bg80 and like mentioned before 25.3 (maybe a litle less in the meantime) lbs

Will try it from time to time if he accepts me as his wielder but for now i am happy with my carlton.

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    +1 as well to a bad day. As that was the case for me this past tuesday... Nothing going with JS12...switch to old faithful JJS...nothing changed... have to chalk it up to the player (me) as being the issue :(.

paulstewart64 likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Oh bad days? Got one on last Monday and one on Wednesday. Actually I'm on a diet with fungus soups and do on off days exercises for my shoulder mobilty. No equipment problems for me.

4. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

victor js12 comes with victor vs850 string, BG 66UM is always an first option for me and its just broke, i hav 3 or 4 times restrung my js12 with BG66UM , is anybody here use vs850?? how is feel compare BG66UM?? power and control?

5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    VS850 beats BG66u in all aspects for the first session.

6. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

So i got meself a 3UG5. Had a couple of weeks to play around with it. Coming from the BS12 3U with Powerizer and a MYP JS10, the JS12 is a great racket. Its fast, the shaft isnt too stiff compared to my previous Js10, and it packs quite a wallop. Most importantly for me anyways, it did not have that weird 'numb' or dull sort of feeling that i experienced with the 10. I got it with 66UM at 27x27. But i felt that the BS12 was still faster, even with a full pack of LP6 Powerizer stuck on its head. More forgiving to. Just my two cents on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. selasarorg

selasarorg Regular Member

For the first session?what do you mean?

8. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I'm coming from VT70 4U and Arc 11 3U how does this JS12 compare for smash and defence?

Do you guys recommend 3U or 4U in Jetspeed 12 and has it got alot more better power than BS12 3U?

9. John2909

John2909 Regular Member

OFFICE WORKER

if you used arc 11 then 3u is the way to go i think
    i would not say alot more power but i would say it is more powerful indead

10. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Some people say its more head heavy so I was concerned it was slow and slight head heavy which I'm assuming they comparing BS12?

Do you know if the JS12 4U is equivalent to the BS12 3U in terms of headweight racket feel?

Is the JS12 3U feel more head heavy then Arc11 or same.

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    JS12 in a 4U will not match the headweight of BS12. You cannot really compare the two rackets although we have all thought of JS12 as the successor to BS12. In some respects it is but it depends on your point of view and how you feel a racket. I have both in my bag and they play so different irrespective of weight.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Thanks

What I sort of meant was not so much they swing or same heavy feel but more so the BS12 feels a bit light even at 3U so I was wondering given just as comparison JS12 3U is head heavier. So would that mean the 4U would be more closer to the BS12 3U rather than the BS12 4u (which some say is really like a 5U yonex)

I only have the Arc 11 3U, VT70 4U so wanted some comparison advice if I should bother with the JS12 in 3U or 4U?

Is it worth the upgrade from the BS12/Arc11?

13. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

We cannot compare VT70 4U and JS12 because it's not the same feeling, the Yonex is more head heavy (even without
    eyelets)

For me, you can compare Voltric with Thruster, Nanoray with Jetspeed and Arcsaber with Hypernano X

14. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

What do you mean without eyelets - do you mean grommets.

I did try the TK8000 4U demo but even without string in 4U i think its way heavier than VT70 3U more closer to the VT80 3U as my wrist hurt even just swinging the air?

Just want to know if the JS12 4U defence speed equal and better power than the BS12 3U or is 4U too light?

15. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Paul did you mean that the JS12 4U is lighter in headweight feel than the BS12 3U and thus less powerful and possibly faster?

I do not have a JS10 so just trying to get a feel is this just even head balance then BS12 like or is it slight head weight but balance so its heavier than an Arc 11 broadly speaking that is.

16. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

Yes, sorry, I wanted to say grommets... :)

The TK8000 is not the best Thruster in the Victor catalog, and this racquet feel is stiff... like VT80

If you want a racquet like VT70, I recommand a TK6000, it's a very good racquet and easy to use for single players.

17. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I'm more mainly doubles and sometimes mixed. Would a TK6000 4U be closer the VT70 4U you think?

Do you feel the TK6000 is a head heavier than the 8000 as its much higher on the victor head heavy chart thus I was discounting it as another too head heavier VT80, but Paul's review states otherwise well anyone on the 4U version..

18. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

If you are a double/mixed player, I don't recommand Thruster series... Although the TK6000 is a very good racquet and less head heavy than TK8000.
    Personaly, I tried to play with a VT70 in doubles, it's too head heavy and the frame is not aerodynamic at all... Especially for the net area and the mid-court. I'm a quick player and I was frustated by this feeling of heavyness :-(

If you wanted a racquet like a VT70 with more maniability and efficient in doubles and mixed play, try to test a HX800 Control, a HX600 or a Jetspeed 12
    Personaly, I prefer JS12 because it's a very fast racquet and it's very good in lifts, drives, blocks and netshots... But I needed to practice beacause the timing of the swing is very special... very fast !

The HX series is a good compromise if you are not used to very fast frames

19. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

personally I found the 4U VT70 one of the fastest non-lightweight head rackets. But maybe I just got a lighter 4U version as some light weight rackets just dont drive back fast or full court like the VT70 4U i have.

JS12 which one do you have 3U or 4U? If I come from VT70 4u which do you recommend as I really really on fast counter attack racket that can turn to offensive...

20. shugaryl

shugaryl New Member

I have a JS12 4U and without hesitation, I prefer JS12 4U for fast counter attack.
    I have enough power in the background for good smashs, so it's ok for me.