Paizhuan 76 Holes Modification - Guide/How To

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Charlie-SWUK, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Unfortunately it's not very easy to follow if it's just a regular stringing diagram. It is easier to follow if you've done a regular Paizhuan on a 72 hole racket because you'll understand the concept.

The stuff about clamping especially makes this pattern quite tricky to execute.

If someone with good photoshop skills wants to make a diagram, I'm more than happy for them to do so, I don't have the energy to try and map out a racket (hence why I just drew arrows over someone else's racket).

It should also be noted that, for obvious reasons, this pattern won't be honoured for warranty and I can't make guarantees. This is an adjustment I've managed to fiddle around to create because I found it preferable to the skip option some others have used, so grain of salt.

2. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

Just to add to this is that it is imperative to pull the strings in symmetrical order (mirror image) as far as possible as this pattern will distort the frame big time if the tentioning sequence is otherwise.

3. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Did you by any chance mess up a little bit? ;)

4. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

My son was experimenting starting with a dead knot from the side instead of in the middle. By the time he pulled the top 4 crosses, the racket exceeded its tolerance level and cracked in two places.

5. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Yeah that's a bad idea in general, with any pattern.

6. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

To be honest, I don't know why people just don't pull the mains in pairs, lots of video's teach pull 4 on one side then 4 on the other side and finish the rest of the mains.

When in my opinion, I find this to be much more safer and efficient -

1 - Your mains come down the top of racket to the bottom - you tension both strings individually and clamp
    2 - Your 2 mains go back up racket - you tension both sides individually and clamp
    3 - Repeat all the way through depending on your pattern

This way you're not doing any lop-sided mains, and you're pulling both sides of the string while the racket is facing the same direction, less moving and more efficient I find.

7. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    The four mains on one side thing is to stop the clamps getting in the way of each other. It really depends on the size of your clamps. I only need around 3 string's space.

8. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Ah I see, I don't start with starting clamp, so I need to run one main up first then go back to the other side, then continue symmetrically.

Kwun has a great video to explain this, it's my favourite way to start a racket very safe.

9. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I don't use the starting clamp for any pulls, I don't feel comfortable putting force on the outside of the frame like that. I just use base clamps.