Nanoray 750 ? and how are the deals on Sunrise Click ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by malaysianfreak, Dec 10, 2016.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    Hi all

A little intro

I was an insanely passionate player back when i was 15 hell i even had hopes of becoming a national player back then ( i first touched a badminton racket when i was 15 ) i made rapid improvements up til i was 17. I stopped for 4 years .

But now im 21 and im back in the game and im thinking of maybe getting a new racket.

During this 4 years my main sport changed from badminton to bodybuilding to powerlifting and hey i wouldn't mind being good at badminton once again

So my playstyle and preferences and thoughts

-i play doubles ( level - intermediate , weaker intermediate id say )
    -current racket is dunlop XL80 ( headlight )

1. I would say i was once pretty darn good at the net intercepting shots and so on but after 4 years of lifting i realize my smash have become pretty darn hard, so ... i think i would like a balanced racket? im not totally sure as as in the past i loveeeed head light rackets

2. my performance is a little inconsistent( im a very emotional man )and my defence is very weak ,you can say im a 70% offense 30% defense player , once i get to smash ill win once i go to defence id lose

3. my current gripe with my racket is i think the flex is wayyyy to flexible ( it states very flexible ) and often times i keep mishitting my shots albeit force generation is super easy oh and does flex affects handling ? it seems that my shots goes out even with a little tap , ive tried my friends z force and holy crud the force generation is insane

So

i thought of getting the nanoray 750 since it's on promo on Sunrise Click
    RM320 around 80USD

with a free shirt and free stringing , with strings and grip id say it'll be around 380 ?

ill say my dream is always to get an arcsaber 10 , or any arcsaber racket but the deal on nanoray seems pretty darn good , being headlight , a doubles racket and a heck ton stiffer than my current racket seems to be a sweet deal and i have a fetish for white colored rackets ! they're so prettttty

http://www.sunriseclick.com/186/Yonex-Badminton-Racquets/Nanoray-750-(NR750)

here's the link

some of my friends say sunrise click promo's aren't good or something , i went to my nearby dealer and he said he doesnt sell NR 750 but he sells NR 900 for around RM600

2. bdmtfreak

bdmtfreak Regular Member

The nanoray 750 would be a good choice as it is head light and medium flex which would help with your defense (returning smashes and drives). Since you have been working out for quite a while, I would say that you are alot stronger than before so you would probably be looking for a stiff racket instead to get more control of your shots. The arcsaber 10 would actually be better than the nanoray 750 for YOU as it has a stiff shaft and is even balanced. If you think you can handle head heavy rackets, then the voltric Z force 2 or voltric 80 etune would be a better choice.

3. Fais

Fais New Member

sunrise promo wants to clear their old stock of gold nr750. now nr750 is blue/white if im not mistaken.