I'm sorry...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wilfredlgf, Nov 28, 2004.

1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Hey, who are you calling Italian mafias? Milan happen to be Liverpool's closest friend from Italy. Just wait for May 25th and don't be surprise if the entire stadium sings 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. The Rossoneri are like our Italian brothers. :mad::)

But for 90 minutes, all that will be forgotten as we stake our claim on the title of European Champions.

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    LOL. Just my 2 cents on the matter wilfred. Too complicated to explain ;)

3. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
  4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    AC Milan or Liverpool?

Fren,

What your answer? Is this your final answer?
    Pls dun answer after the game hor....

rgds:D

5. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Why not join the gang at "I'm Sorry..." ? :)

I'm sorry that the thread title is misleading but quite a few of us are having a good football discussion in there from Glazer to the upcoming CL finals! It needs some fresh input but the season is ending... oh well.

By the way, Liverpool for me, always.

6. cheung31

cheung31 Regular Member

forza milan!!! :cool:

7. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    I saw Diego Forlan net a hattrick against a hapless Barcelona defense. Fantastic stuff. Alex must be kicking himself in the backside now. The game ended 3 - 3 with Eto'o missing penalty. If ol' Diego nets another hattrick at Levante, he'd be top scorer in 35++ matches!

Man, the nerves are coming up. Even my boss at the HQ had been talking about Istanbul. It's less than a day away!! Looking forward to the (replay) contingent of Rafa's Red Army and the Rossoneri to do the "You'll Never Walk Alone" alongside their Turkish friends in one stadium.

I wonder if I could do it? Man, I'm nervous! :crying::)

8. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Hahahahah. SAF let this one get away :). SAF doesn't know how to get the maximum out of Forlan. He never was a bad player, Fergie only never knew how to use him. Plus the language barrier with all the other players. If you look at it he was the only spasnish speaking player in the united lineup :p

9. CG 99

CG 99 Regular Member

student
    Only a couple of hours to kick off. Apparently liverpool fans have taken over istanbul.
    Heard that Kewell :eek: and Cisse may start. Who do you's all think will start for the mighty reds?

10. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    And we are CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!! Oh my god!!!!!!

11. CG 99

CG 99 Regular Member

student
    UNBELIEVABLE

Im going to be in the clouds for the next week

12. dvajah

dvajah Regular Member

student!
    Champions of Europe!

Still can't believe what I saw!
    Even ended up breaking the chair :D i was sitting on when dudek saved the last pen. Well done the whole team but especially vladi and hamann who are probably leaving us.

The trophy is ours to keep. If anyone wants to organise a joint trip to the museum, I'm up for it!

Let all the transfer speculation start.

YNWA

13. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

LOL. Neither can I. I woke up late this morning (almost missed the bus) and din check the score. Forgot bout it till a bloke in my class was wearing the Liverpool home jersey and i asked him whether they won he described the match and I was :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. Now I have every reason to play You'll Never Walk Alone on the palm zire's speakers :D:D:D:D:D

14. jump_smash

jump_smash Regular Member

IT
    The ABL'S are at it (Anyone But Liverpool)

The ABL'S are at it (Anyone But Liverpool)

Attached Files:

15. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Glorious glorious.

Instead of calling the undertaker, Benitez decided to make a call to the cabinet maker. Fifth time European Champions in the most dramatic fashions of all time.

Who would have thought at 0 - 3 down at half time against one of the best teams in Europe would mean something else at the end? I saw the red eyes and tears of those in Red shirts around Istanbul's lovely Attaturk Stadium - sharing the feeling of much sadness in there. A long hard fought campaign only to go down tamely at three in 45 minutes? No fault to those who actually prayed that we would at least get a consolation goal or concede no more to avoid the greatest humiliation in European Cup final history.

The proverbial scenario came : Benitez must've told his charges amidst the jovial sound of celebration next door, "Show me the medals". None of them could bring out anything but fluff and coins. No one could answer him.

Of course it's not that harsh. Rafa is as calm as a cucumber when it comes to pressure cooker conditions and instead told him team to try to get that one goal early to stand a chance. He spoke to German Didi Hamann on what he intended for the guy to do in midfield, taking a gamble of reducing the defence to three while increasing one in midfield.

They ran back onto the pitch and thought, "This is it boys. We fought hard and long to get there. Let's not let it end like this".

First came Gerrard, with his more advanced role now giving Gattuso trouble who in the first half was relaxing. True enough, the under fire captain sparked what was to be the greatest revival of all time. A headed goal and there it was - the early goal that Benitez had asked for.

A while later, Smicer, playing his final game for the Reds scored a goal out of nowhere. Suddenly, the visiting Kop was loud again. The famous lines "... walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts..." could be heard as supporters all around the world bit the last of their fingernails.

And it happened - a troublesome Gerrard had to be clipped before he could do anything and a penalty. Alonso's heart must've skipped a beat before he hit the rebound and there it was, game on.

3 - 3.

The Liverbird was ill and near death in the first 45 minutes before the Alchemist Extraordinaire Rafael Benitez decided to weave a simple spell and changed the fortunes. From the dying bird rose a flaming Liverbird that shook Milan to the core.

The Italians regained composure as the game went into extra time in which they could have won it too but there was a big Pole in goal to stop him. Someone pointed out that as Dudek held Big Ears, he looked up to the skies all the time, in which was said to be a tribute to the late Pope John Paul II, whom had been his fan at Liverpool.

Little did he know 120 minutes earlier that he would become a hero and a legend for something done 21 years ago in Rome.

Liverpool players stood in unison with arms linked to one another's shoulders, in solidarity of a wall to symbolise the defiance to the mighty aristocrats of Milan. Dudek moves in an erratic fashion, like a starfish with jelly legs doing breakdance - a throwback to the time where his predecessor, a certain Zimbabwean named Grobbelaar did the same to secure Liverpool the title of European Kings for the fourth time.

Seginho blasts off to the moon. 0 - 0
    Hamann put it in nicely. 1 - 0
    Pirlo's shot saved nicely. 1 - 0
    Cissè places it like a pro. 2 - 0
    Tomasson hits it in without trouble. 2 - 1
    Risse's shot palmed away. 2 - 1
    Kaka hits it coolly. 2 - 2.
    2nd goal hero Smicer puts it in. 3 - 2.

Up comes, the most lethal striker on the planet - Andriy Shevchenko.
    Two years ago, his penalty in the same stage and situation won the title for Milan against their rivals Juventus in a highly contrasting snorefest of a match.

Dudek does the usual jig, Sheva runs to the ball.
    The big Pole dived the wrong way but his hand reached it in time.

The thick history book at Anfield were dusted off and opened for entry once again as the Red side of the stadium erupted in a celebration never seen in the club's history.

1977 - Rome
    1978 - Wembley
    1981 - Paris
    1984 - Rome
    2005 - Istanpool.

Well done Redmen, best team in Merseyside indeed (enjoying your breakfast, Mr Moyes?)

Thank you Senor Rafa. Don't forget to buy the missus a nice watch. :)

=====

Thus ends the chapter on football this season and I request for the mods to have this thread locked for good on June 01, 2005 and lay the season to rest.

I shall return come August when the new season begins, with hopes of greater excitement to come, on a new and better named thread, of course. Ok, Kwun? Thanks. :)

Adios amigos!

For now, it's the World Championships!

16. bkiat

bkiat Regular Member

Engineer
    exclusive offer

treat for Liverpool fans :)

Attached Files: