Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Finally strung mine!

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...per-grommet-strip-protip.169540/#post-2526650

I played 1x session with it and immediately I liked it a lot more than my ZF2 also 4UG5, much easier to play with, more forgiving, however slightly less power. Even though the overall power/punch is less, you mis-hit less often so the overall result is better game play!

Now I need to string the rest ... =____=

2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Yes the same. Both use the 2+4 string pattern.

But why interchange?

3. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Sounds like an interesting racket. Too bad it's impossible to find in Denmark at a reasonable price any more. :(

4. pugger

pugger New Member

Totally agree with you. I use a couple of ZF2s 4U as my main rackets and recently I bought 2 USED pieces of the 4U LD Force. It is a racket that is slightly easier on the hands with the longer and larger racket head and marginally less stiff than ZF2.

I only play doubles and I am an aggressive player from the back court. I still use the ZF2s as my main racket and serious games, then I switch to the LD Force when playing the 5th game onwards during my weekly session when my shoulders and arms are tired.

5. Smashme

Smashme New Member

Does anyone know of a Yonex racket comparison chart with LDF? Thanks!

6. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    in my experience, it feels like a VT70/VT80 hybrid

i'm using 4u/g4 zymax 66F 27lbs

7. phorge

phorge Regular Member

8. Smashme

Smashme New Member

Thank you! Just bought it today and it feels great! Can't wait to use it during the weekends!

9. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

Oh it's because I have 4x sets of brand new ZF2 grommets, was hoping I could use on my LD force when they get damaged.

10. vyshagh

vyshagh Regular Member

HI WHICH IS STIFFER TK 9000 OR YONEX LD FORCE AND WHICH IS FASTER which is more head heavy out of both and which defendes better out of both ??

11. garra

garra Regular Member

So LDF 3U, I won first game, lenght was there, smash, touch, everything. Begining of second game strings broke. No problem, I got my ZF2 4U, thats similar racket I played before, no biggie, right ? Wrong.... I lost this game and the feeling playing with ZF2 was.. wtf is this S**T. I just could not connect. Then took my arcsaber 11 and lost by little. Then again ZF2 and won but feeling wise I was still naaah I want my LDF 3U... I dont know... ZF2 4u after LDF 3U feels sooo mushy and undefined and strange and weird and unsolid and like it has no .. soul... and it does not since its very stiff and all that.... And I didnt notice any benefit from it, like much faster manuvering or something like that.
    edit. so i played on thursday evening , saturday morning i noticed slight elbow pain and thats from arc 11 and zf2 + bg80 for sure. ldf 3u , bg80 never felt anything anytime.

#511 garra, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  12. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

I think 3U and 4U are completely different classes and there's no way to really compare them. Btw, you aren't alone in thinking the 4U ZF2 felt mushy and lacked feedback. I also feel the same way, but most prefer it over the 3U because it's supposed to be "faster". It's annoying to have to switch racquets in a middle of a game for sure. Great to hear the LDF worked for you!

13. Sianturi

Sianturi Regular Member

I completely agree with this. I have both 3U & 4U VTZF2. I started using the 3U first and was really satisfied with it. I thought 4U is better, so I bought it. Result: dissapointed. It's faster for sure, but lacks the "punch". I only use 4U for doubles. For singles, my go-to racquet is VTZF2 3U.

dave010 likes this.
  14. garra

garra Regular Member

Tell me something, future wise (I'm thinking selling zf2 4u and buy another ldf 3u, I got arc11 for doubles / something). Ok now I like LDF 3U very much, I'm 38 years, skinny, tall guy that moves well on court. In 10 years, will I still be able to play with LDF what do you think? Or will I get tired quicky because of head weight and stuff like that. What do you think ?

edit. I dont have problem / worries with my forearm strength and all that but with fact that its not same swining a sledge hammer and a feather to oversize the issue stamina wise. Hmmm, but wait ,stamina, age wise does not have much to do,

#514 garra, Feb 10, 2017
  15. Sianturi

Sianturi Regular Member

I'm 42, 165cm, 55kg (skinny), and couldn't settle now with anything less than vtzf2 :D (I have also the normal VT80). But yeaah... after 1-2 hrs playing with vtzf2/3u, my arm start trembling. The 3U version demands a lot of energy. That's the downside.

I don't know about LDF, but it's a more forgiving racquet. I think before u reached 50, u should try the 3u version

#515 Sianturi, Feb 10, 2017
    dave010 likes this.
  16. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Nice to see age being brought in as a factor for racket selection.

17. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

I think it comes down to personal preference, I prefer 4U weights for both LDF and ZF2 :)

Generally I find LDF much more easier to play, I've already switched over :D

Chiranjib Abinash likes this.
  18. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

I tried to do the same thing but my timing was thrown off and I missed alot of shots in doubles. I committed to the 3U and have been really happy. I'm even winning most drive wars in addition to hitting incredibly hard smashes, at least compared to the relatively gutless 4U.

19. garra

garra Regular Member

20. phorge

phorge Regular Member

VTLD-F stringing is the same as that of VTZF2.