We need your help! Tackling the lack of badminton courts

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by joyy91, Oct 27, 2016.

?

Is it hard to book badminton courts in Singapore?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

Happened multiple times at Clementi SH.
    Mostly they are ft children from china who don't have any sense of safety.
    Explain to the parents each and every time, but to no avail, happens again and again by the same kids.
    Not only my group that try to explain, other group also did that.
    Scolded them by shouting loudly one time, then call the sport hall staff to educate them.
    Finally they disappeared, never seen them again.

On the safety issue,
    i think the staff of sport hall also have to play a part.
    A lot of player are not wearing proper indoor shoes also.
    Court surface are dirty and slippery.
    During rain season Clementi hall is leaking, but staff are bochup.

2. 14players

14players Regular Member

Engineer
    For Safety purpose,
    I like to propose to put Notices on the wall of all the Sports Hall in Singapore.
    "Parents, Guardians or those who bring young children to the Sports Hall are responsible for their Safety at the Sports Hall".
    It is best to state clearly before any argument or injury happen. In this case, "Prevention is better than cure".

3. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    A lot of organisers on meetups use scripts to book their courts on activesg.

I don't think PA is going spend more money on change requests to fix this unless it goes viral on the papers.

For now, the money making businesses on meet up can smile until the next tender to revamp the booking system.

I'm not against meetups. I attend quite a few. They create a good platform to know more people.

Just can't stand some organisers who use lousy shuttles to maximize their profits. And number of their bookings is shocking.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

4. ct3833

ct3833 Regular Member

Manager
    by looking at the questions, it appears to me that you are collecting questions for your own interest so as to set up some buy/sell porter.

And he is a new registered member to this forum, but claims to be enthusiast, this is suspicious.

One important point, in one of his reply to a user, he said he does not even know the moderator, or sport council folks, then after collecting the information and feedback, what is he going to do with it?

#24 ct3833, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Junye and westcoast_sing like this.
  5. westcoast_sing

westcoast_sing Regular Member

^
    Growing business here

6. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

Calvin Lee Wei Zhong Regular Member

Looks like playing outdoors is the only option. (Unless one is extremely lucky to book an indoor court)

Imagine someone trying to book a court at every single Community Club in Singapore and then he finds out that the 2 badminton courts at Kallang CC are empty.

Joining a club may be a feasible idea, but one may need to pay a bit more than the rental fee to cover both the rent and the shuttlecocks. The badminton court(s) where the club is playing may not be conveniently located near one's home.

If that's not enough, demand for badminton courts are very high at certain periods of time, usually during the evenings, at night or the following day after today. This frustrates me and my friends as we sometimes gather to play badminton, after a long day of studying and listening to teachers nagging. (Oops.)

If you can, try booking as early as possible.
    Or go join a club.

*sigh*

7. Calvin Lee Wei Zhong

Calvin Lee Wei Zhong Regular Member

Book a few badminton courts that are not regularly used, get a few dozen of shuttles and gather all of us to play. (Hopefully)