Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

True, injury is a serious matter and should be dealt with appropriately and truthfully. Can't blame Morten for chiding her but I'd expect the avuncular Morten to handle her case privately in a subdued and more sensitive manner; she is still a girl, after all.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Lin Dan isn't available yet. :p :D

visor likes this.
  3. lasalleguy

lasalleguy Regular Member

wannabe player
    Morten Frost (MF) was hired to deliver results, with or without LCW. So far I think he has done well.
    3 silver medals from the recent Olympics. This has never happened before in the history of BAM.
    BAM is looking forward to produce new MS players asap to replace the out going LCW.
    LCW is now acting like a prima donna, may be due to all the stresses he is bearing for being the only MS player capable of
    producing results. I think both sides should calm down, go have a cold beer then talk.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Haha, I'd love to see that. LCW playing LD and at the official breaks Lin Dan coaching LCW how to beat him and what he did wrong. :D

buibui2 and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  5. Nine Tailed Fox

BAM finally chooses side in Lee Chong Wei - Morten Frost rivalry

General Secretary ~ "We are fully behind Lee Chong Wei "

1) We will further investigate Lee Chong Wei's unfortunate slip.

2) Dust to be blamed for Lee Chong Wei's slip.

3) We will give full assistance required to Lee Chong Wei for treatment of his Knee Injury.

4) We will investigate the questions raised by Lee Chong Wei.

Source: http://www.sinchew.com.my/node/1612515/就李宗伟受伤事件发表声明·马羽总:全力助他重返赛场

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Re Goh Jinwei incident,

The thing about injuries is that it can get better or worse within a few days depending on how much the body is pushed.

And just because an MRI shows no ligament tears **does not** mean there is no injury. Morten has to understand that while an MRI can detect major tears... it cannot rule out minor tears or strains that are below the detection level capability of the MRI. And the MRI is not a lie detector after all.

He should let the proper professionals like doctors or physios interpret the results for him instead of jumping to the conclusion that an athlete is lying. After all, doesn't an athlete know his or her body best? And this is especially more important in the singles discipline where the body is pushed most to the limits and there's no partner to help you out.

#12666 visor, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    buibui2 and Fidget like this.
  7. visor

visor Regular Member

I don't know about you all, but does this sound like a good reason for LCW to get all publicly worked up about? Morten perhaps was just overly concerned about his injury, no? Doesn't sound like he wished an end to LCW's career...

LCW should have met with Morten to sort this possible misunderstanding out first to understand his intentions before going to the media to blow it up beyond repair.

From his past history, I would think Morten has too much respect for LCW to treat him like that.

#12667 visor, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    buibui2 and Devendra like this.
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

[​IMG]

Take a deep dive into the whole situation. Enjoy.

“HE wants a fight, I will give him a fight.” That was Lee Chong Wei’s warning to BA of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Morten Frost after being forced to withdraw from the All England Championships following an injury he picked up in training.

Chong Wei tore his medial collateral ligament (MCL) on Saturday after slipping on one of the mats at the new Academy Badminton Malaysia (ABM) in Bukit Kiara.

The World No 1 lashed out at Frost, whom he felt should have made an effort to change the mats after being told they were slippery by national singles coach Hendrawan. “I am very angry and frustrated. All this while I have kept silent because of both my coaches (Hendrawan and Tey Seu Bock), but a man has his limits. “I am not going to keep quiet this time, because I have been in BAM for 18 years. I have done so much for this country and what do I get in return? “This injury could have been avoided if Frost had acted on Hendrawan’s complaint. Now it’s too late to cry over spilled milk. “

I will be meeting the acting president (Tan Sri Mohamed Al Amin Abd Majid) to discuss this matter in the next couple of days. “If he (Frost) is not happy with me, say it to my face and I will walk out of BAM. I can still prove myself outside,” said the three-time Olympic silver medallist who has already started rehabilitation on his left knee. Chong Wei, who has yet to play a competitive match since the World Super Series Finals in Dubai last year, also vented his frustration over an alleged statement made by Frost to his coach on Monday. “He met Hendrawan yesterday (Monday) and asked if this was the end to my career. How could he ask something like that? “I know that the men’s singles department is in dire straits but I am still World No 1. Does he know how much effort I have put in to come out of suspension to regain the top spot? “I don’t know what he wants, seriously I am not interested in politics. Put yourself in my shoes and you will know what I mean. “It is very disappointing to hear such comments.”

It is learnt that Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin is also aware of the situation. On his future, Chong Wei added: “I am definitely out of the All England and I have not thought about tournaments after that. “As of now, my focus is to recover fully. At this time of moment, I am just feeling down.” Prior to the injury, Chong Wei had been scheduled to compete in the Malaysia Open (Kuching), India Open, Sudirman Cup (Gold Coast), World Championships (Glasgow) and the Indonesia Open.

Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/02/210651/badminton-chong-wei-blasts-frost

9. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    correct.

since i am not a witness to how the team is run on a day-to-day basis i can only say this:

in every team sport eventually the interests of the aging superstar will no longer coincide with the interests of the team.

buibui2 likes this.
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm inclined to agree with you, esp the last part. LCW's behaviour baffled me.

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

LCW please just go independent lah.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

12. indrg

indrg Regular Member

BWF will give LCW the free pass to enter World Championship this year.

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

So no more LCW in MAS Maybank Open ever

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So far we've mostly heard LCW's side of the story while Morten Frost has been keeping quiet, that shows how much the latter wished to avoid blowing up the matter, perhaps out of respect for the former and considering the big picture.

LCW seemed to have gone too far, practically issuing a challenge and giving an ultimatum. I'm sure things don't get to this stage suddenly, probably an accumulation of disagreements over time and there should be alarm signals of a brewing storm. Strange that nobody thought it necessary or took the initiative to alert the higher authority to step in before it spiraled out of control. Just saying.

undeadshot and visor like this.
  15. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Well of course BAM is siding with LCW. He is the face of badminton in malaysia, and has been for many years. You can't just toss him aside (even if you want to), it's bad for business, for the image, for everything. They know they can't, but i'm sure that in some people's heads behind the wheels of BAM therer is an itch "when will he already retire?" Because let's be realistic, guys, what can LCW achieve? Couple of SS title a year (for a year or two)? Or maybe he won't even decide to go on for that long and will retire after WC ? After losing to another Brice Leverdez?

buibui2 likes this.
  16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Given a choice, I would prefer MF to stay. LCW can train and compete independently if he decides to leave BAM.
    MF's job is to bring MAS badminton forward and I think he is doing fine.
    LCW must understand that nothing stays forever, especially in sports. He is aging and must learn to accept this.

#12676 nokh88, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    buibui2, justinloong, soulpx and 4 others like this.
  17. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Hopefully the situation will cool down, and we can concentrate and the badminton itself.

Fidget likes this.
  18. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LCW going independent would do good for everyone. Saying to the media he is meeting this and that big shot to get the coach's head is showing poor character and bad influence.
    He can still represent the country in competition, but train with his own staff. Obviously, he did not help much in fostering new MS players in BAM, so from the point of view of the organisation, there is no gain in keeping him inside the team.
    If the mats are slippery, I am sure the players can take a mop and wipe them.

buibui2 and undeadshot like this.
  19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Haha, CW just simply ignored Chen Long....

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Jesus Christ, 35 years old and he's acting like a child.

'Sports and politics don't mix'

Yeah, he should just take his own advice and focus on rehabilitation rather than trying to play politics by attacking Morten Frost like this....

I'm personally really disappointed.

buibui2 and volcom like this.