share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    The flying clamps that come with AEF/SS machines are very good, there's no need to buy something fancy like YY because they could easily hold 30 lbs without a hitch.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I also have a Yonex flying clamp for comparison, and I think the Superstringer/AEF ones are totally acceptable. The clamp surfaces are smooth, the springs feel comparably tight and so far, they have held everything that was needed to. I use them as starting clamps on every string job and they get the job done.

#302 s_mair, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. xe191

xe191 New Member

Hey @s_mair can you provide more details on the Haribito variant you are using?

I just ordered a T70 and it's not possible to vertically adjust the side supports relative to the racket head. I noticed from Luke Nguyen's photos that his T70 supports are positioned very similar to your photo here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?attachments/sm6_3129-001-jpg.180990/
    So I think it would be best for me to use the same stringing pattern as you?
    Or do you think it doesn't really matter and I can string any pattern?
    Cheers

4. Lukas Nguyen

Lukas Nguyen Regular Member

hey @xe191.. don't worry about the sidesupports if you string normal rackets! I'va already strung 14-15 rackets and didn't have any problem with shared grommet. for most racket, sidesupports doesn't hide the shared grommet!
    here some pictures for you:
    Arcsaber 10:
    IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_8107.jpg
    Arcsaber Z-slash:
    IMG_6932.jpg
    there're enough place to work if the sidesupport hide the shared grommet! the only thing I advise you is not to use the side-support-adapter for badminton! and It depend on how you handle with the shared grommet... if you use the awl to enlarge the grommet... it will be difficult!

fact is..it's not possible to vertically adjust the side supports relative to the racket head! but it's possible to improve the contruction contructively without much work/ big change .. I will write a review to tennisman!

#304 Lukas Nguyen, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    xe191 likes this.
  5. xe191

xe191 New Member

Thanks @Lukas Nguyen really appreciate the advice and pictures :)

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

@xe191
    I would say that the positions of the side supports is symmetrical and hence pretty neutral. Top ones are below the last shared hole, bottom ones are above the last shared hole - so I wouldn't see a real issue, neither for bottom-up, nor for top-down patterns (and all Haribitos and others in between). There are reasons to move the supports up and down depending on the direction of the crosses, but if you ask me, this is not a matter of life and death.

What I'm not sure is if I'd use the badminton sleeves on the side supports or not. Without them, you have more working space to reach covered grommets - but it looks to me as if the supports are touching the racket with very little surface and towards the edges of the frame. And hence the load could peak at these spots. With the sleeves there should be more contact surface between racket and support.

xe191 likes this.
  7. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Wonder what Yaris with a V8 engine looks like? Wonder no more. [​IMG]

j1mster3, fanfaron, decoy and 3 others like this.
  8. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    what a waste. I cant see a 2 point mounting system holding that racquet nicely with that wise pulling up on the string.

That person should have spent their money on a better base machine

9. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    what a waste. I cant see a 2 point mounting system holding that racquet nicely with that wise pulling up on the string.

That person should have spent their money on a better base machine

10. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

2 points vs 6 points, the two sides has been fighting over this for ages. Each have their advantages. Please don't ditch 2 pt machine like this.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Gam...Stringing_Machine/descpageGAMMA-6900ELS2.html

like this gamma it's seems to hold the racket very well.

Also it's the same for the fight about crank machine vs constant pull. Or rail base clamp vs swivel clamp.

Anyway maybe his setup does a fine job... maybe even a better job than most eagnas sold out there... who knows.

j1mster3 likes this.
  11. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Perhaps, but look at the angle that wise will be pulling the string. With a 6 point, the racquet is held down with the side supports.

I still argue that their money would have been better spent buying a decent base machine.

Good luck any way.

12. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Yes i do agree I would not have a setup like his. the string is pulling upward in a such a steep angle...

But you know he is having all of fun he wants with that. Let him enjoy it...

But now, I understand more what you are saying, you intervention is useful to others

13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    imagine where that racquet wants to go when you pull the strings at 12 and 6

14. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

well he didn't show the holder on 6 and 12 o'clock. There's holder on top of the racket, it is screw on the threaded pole

But I do agree that the diablo should be at the level of the racket. Maybe he can chime in to tell us how it went.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

300+lb of 12/6 compression on two contact points, or six contact points?
    No contest.

wguan126 likes this.
  16. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Hi mark,

can't quite understand what you mean?

who wins? two points or six? Six points wins right?

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Two points - each point carries 150 lb.
    Six points - each point carries 50 lb.

Six wins. Massively.

Aventus likes this.
  18. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Fair criticism. A couple of washers + reverse diabolo + counterclockwise winding on the diabolo have resolved the steep angle.

Also Klippermate has a clamp down plate, which eliminates the possible vertical movement even when pulling with a steep angle. It's safe but not accurate.

On the point of a decent basic machine, for those who are not so fortunate having the financial resources to start with a $500 machine. Klippermate, $200, is a good starting machine. I did over 150 rackets with it. And it serves me and some of my friends fine. If your goal is to learn stringing and to find out if you like it or not with as little money as possible, a Klippermate is the best IMO.

If my ultimate combination is 6004+WISE, it makes sense, at least to myself, to transition to this Klippermate+WISE combo for more accurate pulls, instead of getting the $1400 6004 first. Don't you think so @dbswansea?

Anyway, with this photo, I wanna show people with Klippermates that it is possible to modify a Klippermate to add a WISE. However, I do have problems to maintain the shape of a racket head. In order to truly maintain the shape of a racket head with this combo, my experiment shows cross = main + 16% is needed.
    [​IMG]

#318 wguan126, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  19. Vvijay.hhooda

Vvijay.hhooda New Member

please someone tell me that victor ve 50 is better than yonex ST 7000 please reply fast

20. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    wow really?