Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The only forgone thing I see there is their common sense.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

2. hieucdub

hieucdub Regular Member

Anyone got a clue on how to put continuous grommets strips on a JS10? Saw it in the JS12 thread but just wondering if the same thing can be done for JS10. Cheers

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I haven't tested it yet but will look at ZF 2 and E-tune strips when i return from All Englands.

Paul

www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    try to decipher from the pictures. :)
    http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/thread-690685-1-1.html

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

From that operation it looks that while totally protecting or prolonging life, it adds so much intense headweight/wet weight it can become "JSTK10" man....

Once had 5 pieces of U-grommets added and I already found the head to be extra HH than normal; with these, wow, I totally can't see the point; like going for plastic surgery, it will totally behave/look like something else already.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Inspired by all the talk about adding grommet strips to JS10/JS12, I've also started doing some experiments with my JS10 and ZF2-strips. My main goal is to get the strips at the single pass grommets at 10/2 o'clock to
    a) make threading easier (I just love to string ZF2 due to the strips!)
    b) to add a tiny bit of head weight (make it a bit "voltric-y")

First test (with a bit of cutting and pushing involved) looks promising, I plan to string it up this evening and see how it looks like afterwards. If it looks like a good solution, I will try to take some pictures to show how I made the strips fit.

The shared grommet holes were also showing some minor denting but I would rate it as acceptable after the ~10 string jobs with mainly LN1 @~12 kg, the racket has seen so far. Still, I will add the special T- and L-shaped grommets from @JJ0907 to make it bullet proof.

7. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Yes I agree. I like it stock, with the exception of the original grips.

It's like those chaps who buy a family car and decides to slap weird bodykits.

Just get 2-3 more spares and keep.

Or try out the new uglier JS10 ... They might be stronger.

8. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

I tried 66maxima 26/27 on my 3U MYJ JS10 last month. Broke it and just strung JP version BG80 on 26/28. Did a test run today, no serious games but just some strokes. It feels much better and more responsive..

9. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
  10. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Actually if the shaft and cone is black.... It is quite nice. Oh well.

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    My one year old JS10. The advertised tank is on its way to die. The 2nd JS10 which is also 4U and one year old is going strong. IMO the QC from Victor is as worse as before. Worth trying to claim warranty? Grommets were always replaced after 2nd stringing job in the beginning and now after every job, but it seems to getting worse after every restring. Mighty @Mark A what do you say?;)
    side.jpg top.jpg

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

IMO it's a clear-cut warranty claim as long as it hasn't been strung over the limit; there's no way user mis-treatment could cause that.

Thing is, will they warranty it before it breaks?:)

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's looks awful. One of mine also shows some dents at the grommet holes, but miles less deep than yours. I have never exceeded 28 lbs. with LN1 - maybe those few extra lbs. were doing the real harm on yours? And it has to be said that I'm a lot less diligent with changing grommets.

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I have an OCD. Both get equally the same strings and restrings. The other one which I bought a few months later is absolute fine. This is what me makes curious. Both weight exactly the same. So how does one racket gots worn so down, while the other one is fine without anything? Also the ping of both is different by 10-15Hz, which sounds like the heads are not equal. Sizing and shape is absolute the same.

Now suprise: MY SW35 had the same issues. One was going strong, one was weak, but here the older one was the stronger one. I guess following:

We talked often about the bad QC and I think that Victor don't distribute the graphite consistent and well, which lead to same frames which feel different. Also the JS10 in the picture has a slightly different feel. Call me paranoid but I'm sensitive enough to feel it. The head weights are the same, but I think that both heads of mine have the graphite differently distributed.

We also had the same in the JS12 thread and the guys also had this problems on tame tensions with thin strings.:(

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There is no doubt about it: Victor has a pretty large variations in their production processes. Just look at how far the weights of rackets in the same weight class is spread. My two JS10 4U differ by almost 4g dry weight which can easily be felt on court (and wouldn't say that I have very sensitive hands). And I have mentioned it before - mine have even clearly visible differences in the frame shape (groove around the to of the head has different depths). So either Victor is tinkering around far too much on already running production processes long after a racket is released or their QC has a far wider range in their intervention and sorting limits.

16. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

They did change the depth of the groove as far as I know. But the weight may just be the QC range.

17. pxwee5

pxwee5 Regular Member

I spoke to the Victor guys and they CLAIMED that the new rackets do not have the sinking grommets. But by new I am unsure whether he meant newer models or newer (production) batch. I got a sense that he's trying to avoid answering the question.

But if what he says is true, if you're buying this racket in 2017, you shouldn't be experiencing any sinking grommets.

Also, the dealer (different person) also claimed that the newer batch has better consistency in terms of weight. But there's no way to confirm that unless I literally weight each of their rackets.

BTW, I only managed to try the JS10 the other day, and I was wondering if I should get the 3U or the 4U.
    I can get the 4U locally, but I'll have to ship the 3U one from HK. Will the difference of smash be that great? Or I could just get a 3U and put on some weighing tapes to make it heavier if I'm that OCD about it.

18. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Haha it's like Volkswagen telling potential owners their DSG gearbox problem has been permanent fixed.

But as long can claim warranty it's fine

#2638 Junye, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  19. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Bro, my mate, this is a local thing.... let's go global and mention dieselgate, shall we? xD
    Just that Victor doesn't have buyback for its frames....

20. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Yah... Forget to mention it's unique only to Singapore. China offer 10 years warranty.

My two JS10 are so far so good. More worried about the JS12 actually.

@esppy you want my JS12? Haha