Mavis 2000 shuttles

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Juicester, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Juicester

Juicester Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

I was trying to buy the Mavis 2000 slow (green) shuttles, but I can only find the medium (blue) shuttles. Does the green Mavis 2000 not exist or is it available in select markets?

2. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

I'm pretty sure they are region based. There are usually several speeds for a shuttle, but certain regions only need either one or two speeds. Perhaps it may be that you're playing with the wrong speed for your region? I have this problem when I try to purchase shuttles from other Countries to bring back to mine, their speeds differ quite a bit.

3. rattos

rattos Regular Member

Having played with several types of yonex plastics, i would recommend going for the 350 or 300. They are cheaper and last a lot longer and the flight pattern is not that different. The problem with the 2000 is that the bottom of the skirt gets damaged way too fast and then it spoils the speed of the shuttle.

4. Shoutsu

Shoutsu Regular Member

^ I agree with the above. I would prefer to go with 300/350. However, the original poster only inquired about 2000's so...

5. rattos

rattos Regular Member

You are 100% right. Didn't have anything to add to your answer :p But just decided to give my 2 cents on the Mavis 2000 to hopefully help juicester get the best experience from plastics

6. John Hope

John Hope New Member

I was using a lot Yonex nylon shuttlecock, and the best I think is Mavis 350 yellow. My two cents.