best racket for Offensive/Attacking play

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chickachow, Apr 3, 2017.

1. chickachow

chickachow Regular Member

Hi,
    I was wondering If you guys can suggest me some good racket for Attacking/offensive playing roles and it must be light wieght cuz i cant stand heavy rackets about 84g to 89g or whatever you suggest as long as its good for Attacking/offensive roles and also i do alot of smashing , money isnt a problem for me so feel free to suggest maybe string and tension too if you can, strings that are good for smashing and great repulsion power are suitable for me . im just a between intermediate and Advanced player
    Thanks.

#1 chickachow, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You'd probably get better responses if you put this in the right section - Racket recommendation/comparison section.

3. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

A typical "offensive" racquet tends to be head heavy and somewhat heavy, which helps with generation of power. If you do a lot of smashing, it may be better to go for an all around type of racquet in my opinion. Perhaps a 4U ZF2 or some 3U Voltric could do the trick. The Li Ning N99, N90III and N80II are also decent choices.

4. Babar

Babar Regular Member

I suggest Wilson cx9000 => 5u, stiff and very head heavy or SOTX LG800P => 5u, medium stiff and moderately head heavy

5. chickachow

ok ill do it right now

6. chickachow

i heard that N9II from lining are also very good idk how it is compared to N99 and N90III,N80II but my friend said that lining rackets are easily to get broken by a small impact from other players racket,i dk if its true or not

7. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

N9II will be more flexible vs. N90III. The original N9 was quite flexible, to the point that I found it a bit annoying to play with.

Before everyone flames me again, I judge the stiffness of a racquet not by bending it but by playing with it. Specifically, I consider a racquet flexible when I hit a smash and the angle is relatively shallow. Stiff racquets increase the angle and tend to hit steeper. I also notice a racquet being much too flexible when my shots go everywhere. With my ZF2 and N90III for example, I find it possible to hit relatively consistently within about 10 inches or so of the sidelines. For players that demand pinpoint precision along with good power, the racquet cannot be too flexible.

No, Li-Ning racquets are not easily broken. My LNs are strung at 28-32lbs. My N90III has withstood a clash during a forehand stroke, which made such a loud bang I expected to see a broken racquet. Tip. Don't lend out your nice racquets ;). Anyways, we couldn't even find a scratch on the thing. :cool:

#7 dave010, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    chickachow likes this.
  8. chickachow

ive never play heavy rackets so i cant stand even a little bit hevier than my Proace stroke 319 about 4U(weight) im used to play attacking role and i usually do very good with it but it requires me to return to my position after i hit a smash so it means my rackets need to be stiff so the speed of returning would be quicker? so i came here and ask for ur guys opinions about it which one should i go for, this time i wanna try a Lining or Victor racket and see how it goes for attacking roles. Although N90III is a bit too expensive for me so maybe next time about 4U is bezt for me maybe 3U is aslo acceptable stiff racket is best for me since i need quick reflex i was thinking Victor Jet speed S10 since people said its stiff and light wieght you can return to ready position after a smash? is it true do? or should i go for something else? like lining Flame N55 or N9II ?

#8 chickachow, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017