Golden Gate Badminton Club, Menlo Park, CA

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by mayst982, Mar 25, 2005.

1. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

It does??? I wonder who posted that. Probably my assistant who is "sign" crazy. She post everywhere. ha ha. Will take that off pronto. You coming today Crisp? Wouldn't be the same without you dropping by and playing ALL day...as usual. I will have to hurry our snack bar so you will have something to eat. I worry your Mom will see a too-skinny you and wonder what GGBC did to you. C ya later...

Sally

2. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

I'll probably go.. practice for the tournament tomorrow at Gunn high.

3. speed78

speed78 Regular Member

Congrats Sally!

Hi Sally,

This is speed78, we met in Vancouver and played at Van Racquet's Club a couple of years back. ("Mr" speed78 drove u to buy shoes not sure if you remember) - When u came back to visit last year we were unfortunately out of town so we missed you then. We're very happy to hear that you've started such a cool club in SF. Congrats!! Hopefully we'll get to come visit your club in SF soon?

PS Thanks for your autographed CD from your friends JK and FF~ it was goooood!

4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    water fountain

i did not notice a water fountain near the courts. is there one and did i miss it? if not, where is the nearest one?

5. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

YES, there is a huge water fountain, in fact 2 of them ON the court, in the shape of a vending machine costing $1.00 for MANY GULPS of water. We also sell different flavors of vitasoy, gatorade, and fresh orange juice as well as apples and bananas in the pro shop. We will soon have yummy fresh sandwiches and snacks from a resturant called Loo Yu Shuan and Broadway Bistro. We may have some chinese buns too. We will get a menu we can choose from. We had some food tasting the other day and had some fresh fruit, some chinese salads with peanut sauce dressing and an assortment of quite delicious sandwiches. These people also cater to Singapore airlines First class lounge. The first day they sent some, the staff ate it all. By the way, we have a wonderful kid's room now if anyone is worried about kids running around. Now all the kids stay in there! I'm preparing to get a little play pen or crib for little kids if I can fit anything else in that room.

Sally

Sally

#125 GGsally, Jun 18, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  6. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Oh I remember you!! Thanks for driving me to get shoes. Those shoes are still in Julies house in Vancouver. I won't bring shoes when I go again. I always have fun playing in VRC. The people are so fun and friendly there. I always get good exciting games too!! Hope to see you guys soon and if you ever come down, pls visit us at GGBC!!

Sally

7. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

I noticed a second floor from the front.. Is that where people are going to eat?
    hehe by the way sally.. thank you for the Cliff bars.. after we ate those.. we played much better!!

-chrispywoo

8. Great Eagle

Great Eagle Regular Member

Congratulation my friend!!! You did a very good job on the queing system.

Looking forward to see you soon.

9. Great Eagle

Great Eagle Regular Member

Your shoes and your racket is at my place, buddy. HAHAHA

10. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Congrats and all the best from Malaysia

When Ifirst read about GGBC,I came across the name of Sally Yeh.It's indeed a surprise to know a diva involving in badminton.I would like to congratulate you and your associates and wish you all the best.Hope you make badminton a popular sport in the US.YOu have chosen a right sport and Iam sure it's just a matter of time that the American public becomes passionate about this game as you and your associate are.By the way, heard that you will be performing in Genting soon.May I know When?

11. gummiebirdie

gummiebirdie Regular Member

who won at Gunn high this weekend? :rolleyes:

12. MaggieHo

MaggieHo Regular Member

Final Match

:)
    It was a back to back game for us, but after finish playing six matches, me and my partner was so tired. We can't even move an inch, but we have a wonderful time playing with the diva and GGBC coach. She suprised me with alot her shot, and about five shot she hit the bird right on the line. I just looked at the bird and looked at her ,"Yes, is right on the line:eek: ". The coach from GGBC also make alot of amazing great shot that fake me and my partner out. Over all they gave us a very good game and we have alot of fun craking joke while we play. I am looking for a future rematch with Sally and Coach (Gin jong), don't remeber the name.:D

13. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

I think you need to brush up on queuing theory.

The method you describe is both simple and [font=&quot]antediluvian[/font].

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pics!

here are the pics i took in the afternoon of the opening day. it was overwhelmingly crowded so i only ended up with a few shots here and there.

somebody must have pics of the morning festivities which i missed.

Sally, i will make a CD of all the pics i took and bring it to GGBC next time i visit.

cheers..

Attached Files:

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and last but not least, here is a racket from another famous personality hung at the entrance hall of GGBC.....

Attached Files:

16. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

BIg Word

Wow, Mr. Croomer, your word was so big, I had to look it up in the Dictionary! Some of the oldest ways are the simplest and best. It's called "going back to basics". Maybe if you come to GGBC you can try it sometime. The point is to get people on the court in a timely and fair fashion. Whatever method works right? That's why retro and vintage is so popular these days too!

Sally

17. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Hey, we had tons of fun too! I lost my doubles match today :crying: but did you see Ben Lee and Jinsongs match with Chris Hale and Stanley Wu? It was so exciting, I couldn't bare to watch! But Ben and Jinsong won! Come to GGBC and we'll play you two again! This time we'll both get enough rest first!

Sally

18. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Thanks so much for the photos Kwun! You always take great photos! Please come to GGBC soon!

Sally

19. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Concert

Sorry to deviate from Badminton. I'm performing 2 nights on July 22nd, and July 23rd in Genting. I really don't want to leave GGBC but I'm committed so I have to go! :cool: I'll be back right after my concert!

Sally

20. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Lounge Area

Our Lounge area upstairs is for party bookings or people who just want to rest from badminton and don't need to do that on a crowded court. They can go up there and read magazines, watch TV, listen to music or eat if they like (but they have to clean up after themselves). We are not serving food up there, but we will sell the food in the pro shop and you can bring it up there. I think Kwun took some photos of the upstairs lounge area last time. Its a nice quiet place to just hang out for awhile. We will have internet connect up there soon.

Your welcome for the cliff bar Crispy. You are there sooooo long, I'm afraid if you don't eat something you'll pass out! U see... the lounge area is for people like you that stay around GGBC all day!

Sally