Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. AK77

AK77 Regular Member

OK, here comes my review for 3U VTLD-F 2017 version. See the picture, it is the 2017 version and the paint job is red+black. It is definitely better looking than the 2016 version. I used BG80P string 24/26 pounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-knj30AYprWnBST3NWU1I1am8
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-knj30AYprdThPLVQzR0FFdlE

I used it for my mens and mixed doubles game yesterday for 2.5 hours. Feels good. The major difference is that i dont feel tiredness in comparison to VTF. In the past, i will get tired from using 3U VTF after about 90-120 minutes of solid game. It is also feels noticeably flexible than VTF.

Since my previous primary racket is VTF, and secondary racket is VT80, i am going to reference it VTF and VT80. When doing a hard smash, the shuttle impact and feel is not as solid as VTF (didn't have the boom explosive sound like VTF), but still can generate a lot of power due to faster swing speed and heavy head.

Back Court Smash Power : 8.5 / 10 (less powerful than VTF. About the same power as VT80)
    Mid Court Smash or Kill Shot : 10 / 10 (accurate, fast and powerful. This area is where VTLD-F really shine)
    Clear : 9.5 / 10 (easier and less effort to execute compared to VTF)
    Attacking Drive Shot : 9 / 10 (much better than VTF 8/10)
    Netplay : 9 / 10 (easier than VTF and VT80)
    Dropshot : 9 / 10 (easier than VTF 8/10 and VT80)
    Swing Speed : 9 / 10 (much faster than VTF 7/10. faster than VT80 8.5/10)
    Retrieving Smash : 9 / 10 (easier than VTF. More accurate)
    Defending Fast Drive : 9.0 / 10 (I would give VTF a score of 6/10)

My badminton friends said several times to me yesterday that my racket swing speed is much faster compared to old racket VTF. Overall conclusion is that the VTLD-F is better suited for doubles play, and definitely more balanced than VTF. I think it is also an upgrade in comparison to the VT80. For a some sacrifice for back court smash power, the racket gain a lot in drives, swing speed and mid court speed and power. Also, since this racket is less tiring compared to VTF, i think i can play longer with better and more consistent quality shots. This racket is a keeper.

I also tried my friends Victor 3U BS12 yesterday. The swing speed is amazing, so fast... but it didnt have the power to do a threatening smash from backcourt (unless you are a professional). BS12 swing speed is definitely faster than VTLD-F but less powerful on smashes.

2. white91

white91 Regular Member

I think you've convinced me to get one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Good review AK77, I definitely find it very consistent. Not the strongest smash, like you said. But a good all rounder. Good in defence, very good at the net.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. LordGopu

LordGopu Regular Member

I need to see if anyone nearby has this for rent yet lol. It sounds like an excellent racket.

5. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    so against vt80, can you compare vtLDF in terms of head heaviness and shaft stiffness?

also is it vt80ET or vt80 classic

6. AK77

AK77 Regular Member

I have a VT80 classic. I didnt have VT80ET.

I feel VTLD-F is about the same as VT80 in terms of head heaviness. However, i feel VTLD-F is less stiff compared to VT80.

To those who are considering to get the VTLD-F, please note i consider myself a hard hitter and i have been using Yonex Voltric for the last 6 years. I am 187cm tall and weight about 82kg. If you been using Voltric series racket and can generate adequate power on your swing, all those qualities and ratings of VTLD-F will apply to you. If you like balance and possibly lighter or faster racket like BS12 or Nanoray series, it may not apply to you. I will strongly recommend you try it out before purchasing it one if you are still interested... :):)

7. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    thanks for the clarification, that helps a lot to figure out where VT-LDF should fall in the yonex matrix.

8. white91

white91 Regular Member

Interesting I assumed it would be slightly stiffer than the VT80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

10. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Do yourself a favor; don't bother reading these bullshit filled with grammar, spelling AND writing errors along with baseless statements.
    I got cancer the moment I read Ratchanok uses 80Etune and my heart stopped beating.

They try to generate views for revenue and all with the keyword-filled clickbait article title and you're just feeding them.

EDIT: actually... seeing as it's only one post, and being so recent, along with your weak command of English, I'm gonna venture a wild guess this is your blogsite and you're trying to generate traffic.

#690 esppy, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  11. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Haha so fierce. Be nice la. He could give you some 80% discount codes on sunriseclick.

@GeeKebs I friend you ok... I pass you my email later

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Just because kaki bukit is the area near evil empire HQ... :p

13. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    I need some 39 dollars student concession rackets. Don't mind zf2 and nr800. Got arc fb also can

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Over liao bro.... don't harp on it :(

Junye likes this.
  15. Orangbiasa

Orangbiasa Regular Member

Comparison between duora z strike and Vt-LDF anyone?

16. AK77

AK77 Regular Member

Update to my earlier review of VTLD-F 3U. I used it for another 6 hours for mens and mixed doubles serious games.

Swing timing
    ------------
    VTLD-F has a more flexible shaft compared to VTF but it swings faster. After using for 6 hours, i am still adjusting my swing timing to this racket. You need wait a little longer for the shuttle to arrive before executing your swing as VTLD-F has a faster swing vs VTF.

Playing style
    -------------
    I need to change my playing style a little bit due to my habits. My previous racket is 3U VTF which i used for 4 years. I used to do 100% power smash with VTF because most opponents cannot handle the shuttle speed which VTF produces. With VTLD-F, it is better to do 70-80% power smash with 99% accuracy. Also, from your backcourt against defensively strong opponents, it is better to do a drop or fast lob rather than smash them as VTLD-F cannot generate enough power to trouble them.

Stringing
    ---------
    I used BG80P at 24/46 pounds. I think it is not tight enough for a solid impact feeling. I recommend 26/28 pounds in order to have a more solid feel upon shuttle impact.

Power vs Flicks and Drives
    --------------------------
    :oops:I kinda miss the VTF power to be honest. After using it for 4 years, i am so used to it. However, with VTLD-F, i can consistently make sharper and more deceptive drops, execute backhand flicks and win more drives rallies. It is a compromise in general.

Ralph Hua likes this.
  17. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

There is less power, I agree, although I did not have to adjust my play. I find the rear court control is so much better, which more than makes up for it.

My friend who bought the LD force with me was looking for a replacement for his Ti10 and found that he likes the Duora 10 more than the ld force.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

18. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Nice, JJS (broke)and Meteor X 90(sold) are 2 of my doubles rackets. Very powerful smash though im not too sure how powerful vs the Voltric Lin Dan Force. Both rackets are gone now. From your experience, is the JJS smash more powerful than the VTLDF? If yes, then it trumps my MX90 as well as my Thruster K6000. Im looking to buy a VTLDF.

19. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

The 3u JJS smash is a bit more powerful than the ldf, IMO. However, if you are looking to buy a ldf, I want to suggest another racquet for you to take a look, especially if you are an attack oriented player.

Last month I was looking for a replacement for my JJS, but I felt that the ldf was not quite there yet, I then purchased my first li ning racquet, the 3u n9ii. The n9ii just blows my mind with its superb performance. I compared it to my 3u js10, 3u JJS, and 4u ldf, and the n9ii just felt better than those 3 racquets. If you have a local store that carries that racquet, I would suggest to give that a swing or two and see how you like it compare to the ldf. But everybody has different taste in racquets so it might not suit everybody, I just thought I throw out my 2 cents.

If you are interested, check out my mini review on the n9ii in the forum.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/li-ning-n9ii-3u.169998/page-3

#699 Konquerian, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Orangbiasa likes this.
  20. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Funny you should mention the N9II. I actually cant smash with that racket. Like I can literally do anything else, but smash. I havent had timing issues like with the N9II since the Yonex Arcsaber Z Slash. I mean, the smash is powerful when I connect but its rare if at all that it does for me. However, I smash much harder with the N7II. Overall, they N7II feels noticeably stiffer. I also dont own these rackets. My Li Ning rackets are the N7 1st gen, N7II Light Pink, N55III(one of my favorites), N99(another favorite for user friendliness and ridiculous power), and N50III CP edition. My current go-to rackets are the Victor Thruster K9900 and N55III. Both 3U.