Viktor Axelsen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by LD rules!, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Yes and who benefitted the most from Momota´s ban???

The answer is 1...2...3... Denmark!!!

Obviously with Momota in the game it will not be so easy for Denmark to win Thomas Cup, not so easy for Axelsen to win SS-finals, India Open and Olympic bronze medal, not so easy for JoJ to win CHN-open, and not so easy for Vittinghus to win AUS-open.

If you dont believe or think different than me, look at how nicely Momota used to beat all these players before his stupid ban.

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I would actually like to see Momota and Axelsen have a big rivalry.

It makes the game a lot more fun to be honest; the LCW vs LD matches? Fantastic to watch.

I know we didn't see Momota against the big 3 enough, but I don't think that discredits him. He is at a similar level to VA, but in different ways. VA is insanely powerful, and completely overwhelms his opponents with that strength. His height, agility, and propensity to smash all make him pretty horrifying to play against. Because he can get such steep angles, he can make use of stick smashes to deprive his opponents of all time and read for defence.

Momota prefers net play, he draws people into the net, uses shots that are frankly painful and frustrating for the opponents, and then capitalises on short lifts and errors as a result. He's very tactically aware, and avoids giving opponents the shots they want to play.

Now you have two complete opposites here, one player that loves the back, the other the front, and they're all going to be trying to force their style of play onto the other. VA is going to try and use brute force attacks, push Momota to the side lines, aim for a weak block and make use of it. Momota is going to be trying to make his blocks incredibly precise, with a mix of drops to bring Axelsen into the net, and try to force that short lift he's counting on to make it past his opponent's defence.

This is part of what makes their dynamic interesting; they're trying to play the other in their game, and will do so much to take control of the rallies. It isn't all that dissimilar from LCW and LD's dynamic; you had LD as the tactful player trying to force that high lift into his forehand corner through movement pressure, and LCW the hardest person to apply solid movement pressure to in the game trying to blast through with all out attack.

visor likes this.
  3. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Viktor been taking early L's lately. Kom sa Viktor!

4. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Viktor played so bad against Antonsen. So many mistakes, not typical of how he played when he won India SS. Having said that, Antonsen is on the rise. Antonsen needs to correct some of his form and balance. Antonsen reminds me of Viktor as a junior because Viktor had lots of balance and form issues before. Viktor has since smoothened out his form. Antonsen needs to do the same and I think he will be pushing JoJ for the 2nd best Denmark MS player at a certain point.

5. DeathMarkz

DeathMarkz Regular Member

Guys,should Viktor Axelsen switch back to the Arcsaber 11?He hasn't won like a title after winning Dubai(if I am not wrong) when he was using the Arcsaber 11.Maybe its something with the extra stiffness or the backhand and forehand side of the Duora series but he just isn't as clinical,sharp,dominating and defensive as last time when he was using the Arcsaber 11.Last time he was just like a wall,using his height to his advantage blocking every smash that you are throwing at him with his reach.

6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

He did won India Open 2017 by beating Chou Tien Chen.
    I do agree that he has been mistakes-prone lately.

7. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

As much as I like Viktor Axelsen, and wish him and Momota to have a decent rivalry, it is difficult for Viktor to beat Momota if he's back.

8. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I think Viktor will probably have the edge when Momota comes back, but it depends on how long it takes Momota to get back to his best.

9. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Unfortunately for Viktor, at their world level it will not take long for Momota to regain his momentum.

swsh likes this.
  10. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Good! haha.

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Still, I think Viktor has change little by little since last year, not to mention winning India Open and Dubai Finals might give him a new level of confidence.
    KM probably will have to fight hard against Viktor next time they meet.

12. Metaphysician

Metaphysician Regular Member

Axelsen has a good chance to win the Glasgow wc2017 .He is definitely one of the favourites despite his recent form .He has broken the mental barrier by winning oly bronze ,wssf and India ss.His form at India open and sudirman cup was incredible and he is probably building up to peak at the wc.Winning the wc at 23yrs will definitely lift the pressure for the rest of his career.He might become only the 3rd ms player to win it after Rasmussen and Fleming delfs .Hope he gets a good draw .

#452 Metaphysician, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  13. Ideati0n

Ideati0n Regular Member

Anyone knows what racket is axelsen going to use since their equipment sponsor has changed from yonex to victor?

14. Ideati0n

Ideati0n Regular Member

Anyone knows what racket is axelsen going to use since their equipment sponsor has changed from yonex to victor?

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The sponsorship deal with Victor was done by the danish team and has no effect on his personal contract with Yonex. It only means that he will have to wear Victor clothing and to hide the Yonex logos on the racket and shoes during international events like team championships or Olympics. Yonex will never let go of their brand new Z-Strike posterboy so easily.

Same situation basically with LCW and LD who are both personally with Yonex whilst their national teams are sponsored by Victor resp. Li-Ning.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Victor Vectored Viktor. UooUooU.

s_mair likes this.
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I've always thought that Viktor & Victor would be a match made in promotion heaven!

18. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Does anyone have a link proving that victor will be DEN sponsor?

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Sundis likes this.
  20. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member