Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I've used N9 before, head heavy and grip is quite heavy as well. Flexible shaft. Is it safe to say that the n9-I is a real successor of f9? How would you compare n9-ii to n9?

wanted to get one very badly but too afraid it doesn't suit me and the locals doesn't have any n9-ii, even if it does, I'm not sure if it's authentic. way overpriced even for a fake one :s

Oh, and I current own and use a f9.

2. wavius

wavius New Member

Yes it is a real successor to the F9. Better in every way and same bp, but stiffer shaft and faster. Do check out my earlier reviews.

Would classify it as mid flex and head balanced. Definitely not head heavy.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

eric213 likes this.
  3. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

Ok thanks :) I hope my local store offers the black/pink one, looks way better in my opinion.

4. zZz5PYzZz

zZz5PYzZz New Member

Hi all, i want to change my racket vzf2 3u to more less stiff, after see lining n9ii and n99 specs looks suitable for me, has anyone ever used that racket, please help me make the review thanks

5. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I have not use the n99 before, but I owned and used the n9ii (already dropped like 30+ hours on it :D). The n9ii definitely less stiff than the vzf2. However, like the vzf2, the n9ii is not exactly user friendly, and will take a little time to get use to. Are you just looking for a less stiff racquet or do you have other things in mind? Care to elaborate more on what you are looking for? Play style, attacker or defender, racquet specs, etc...? Perhaps that way the members can help you even more on your quest ;)!

Ahmadsabar198 likes this.
  6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I must say. This racket is darn easy to use. That or it might be the no. 1 making it easy..

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

7. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

I find it very easy to use also and I use bg80.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    At 30/32lbs?

9. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

No, no way ;) At 25lbs.

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Oh =( that's what I pulled No. 1 at. I usually pull BG80 at that tension too though.

11. Konquerian

Yes, the black/pink version is definitely the best looking one of the three color versions. I, too, have the black one, and I strung mine with violet bg80 @ 26lbs. This racquet is a beauty to look at, and a beast to play with on the court ;).

Attached Files:

#111 Konquerian, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    AreYouEvenMad likes this.
  12. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Ok guys, i had enough practice time with n(2). First of all, color scheme is wonderful. It was strung with lining no 1 at 28lb and first time using this string. I m really pleased with this racquet. I didn't know i would say this one day, but n9(2) edged over my 4uzf2. After long time i had the pleasure to hit really powerful smashes and it's satisfying. I feel like to smash all day with it and no fatigue, awesome drives, great backhand, i repeat- great backhand(clears, drops, drives, smashes), easier to use, solid drops from back, still need to get used to front court drops due to its slight flexible shaft. Someone mentioned that the racquet feels lighter like js103u which is right. There is a solid feeling to it, stronger punch and the ping sound to it is nice. I don't know if it is the string or the racquet itself. I liked it so much that i have 2 of them now. There r a lot of great things i did on the court with this beauty which is really satisfying. Lastly, everyone is different and has different tastes. So, plz take it as a pinch of salt to ur thoughts.

13. Konquerian

I'm so glad to see yet another satisfied user of the n9ii. With this racquet, I feel such a sharpshooter :cool:, due to its accuracy and power.

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Yeah, net like Setiawan, smash like Fu Haifeng :D

15. zZz5PYzZz

zZz5PYzZz New Member

16. Gavin97

Gavin97 Regular Member

Available in the UK yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

So after graduating from school, I did myself a favor today and got a N9 II :) Only played a 2h training session so far with it, but still wanted to share my first impressions:

First of all: This racket looks absolutely gorgeous. I have the black/pink versions with black strings (BG65 at 24lbs) and it looks amazing. Especially the shimmering blue parts at the side of the head are such a nice contrast to the matt black. Definitely the best looking racket I've had so far.

Now, unto the important things: Overall, I was really surprised how head heavy this racket actually is, especially since some people in this thread compared it to JS10/12. It's definitely head heavier than the N90-III I've used for a while. Balance point actually is around 310mm, but to be fair, I measured it with strings (didnt get the chance to measure without it) and I'm using a really thin grip (my coach ruined that for me -.-). Maybe it's just me coming from a head light/even balanced racket, but I actually had some problems adjusting, especially with drives and flat pushes. Net shots weren't easy at all, but when I had the time to prepare properly, they were pretty tight. Smashes and clears were pretty much the same: I definitely had some timing issues, but you can definitely feel the power and the potential that the racket has.
    One thing that I immediately noticed: Drop shots felt pretty darn good. The racket head gives you soo much control and does almost everything for you in the air: One slight push is enough to guide the shuttle in the right direction. During a doubles game, I hit a few backhand cross court dropshots (not the ones at the net^^) that were probably the best I've ever hit^^

So, overall I have to admit, I was not immediately blown away, but of course, 2 hours is almost nothing and I've barely gotten to know the racket. I feel like the potential is definitely there, but it's definitely not easy to use.

18. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

But if you come from head heavy balanced racket then n9ii is easy to use ;)

I had to adapt to the sweet spot being higher than my other rackets, maybe that could help you.

19. Tay Chai Heng

Tay Chai Heng Regular Member

Hi Guy, i just ordered my N9 II (green colour). From what i understand Li Ning has improved the flexibility of shaft for the N9 II latest version. Although, they are same model and similar spec, but they still have a bit of different. I think the latest N9II is more flexi.

Attached Files:

quelbungnaga likes this.
  20. Konquerian

I use to use the meteor jjs as my main, and that was a slightly head heavy racquet, so the n9ii really didn't feel that head heavy at all to me. Like I may have mentioned before, I would say the racquet is not easy to use for everyone. It is definitely a more advance racquet. Since you come from even balanced racquets, it may take a little more time to adjust to it, so 2 hours on it is still early in the stage. I currently already dropped 30+ hours on my n9ii and loving every minute of it. I tried to alternate between my n9ii and js10, but I always end up going back to my n9hi. It is just that good.