Voltric Z Force 2: 3U Vs 4U?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Mangoooo12, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Mangoooo12

Mangoooo12 Regular Member

I wanna know the noticeable differences and which one you guys think it easier to play with. Thanks BC

2. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Easier? 4U
    Better? (IMO) 3U :D

4U is easier to use, but the power of the 3U is unbelievable. The 3U ZF2 stands for everything a Voltric is supposed to be IMO.

Mangoooo12 likes this.
  3. Mangoooo12

Does the 4U disappoint though or is still a great racket overall?

4. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

No it doesn't! I just mean that the 3U is a very special racquet that can do amazing things if you happen to get along with it. It has a little extra power that seems to make it worth playing smashes on the baseline, because i get a few winners every now and then. The 3U has a *lot* of weight in the head. I added around 2g of weight to the head of the 4U myself and it still doesn't feel like the 3U, despite practically weighing exactly the same.

As for speed and defense, the player skill is probably more important. I defend better than most players at my club and win drive battles more often than not. One can train to overcome the sluggishness of the ZF2 but one cannot train to hit much harder (assuming your technique is already pretty good).

Mangoooo12 likes this.
  5. kamal preet singh

kamal preet singh New Member

3U is very heavy and slow so more suitable for doubles. One needs to have good arm strength to handle it. 4u is suitable and causes less problems in elbow n wrist and has almost 95 % of power of 3u.

6. kamal preet singh

P
    Pls read singles in place of doubles

7. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

From my experience, the 4U was only about 75-80% as powerful. That being said, I have decent arm strength and the 3U feels light to me.

8. kamal preet singh

Yeah for players with good arm strength 3u is best

9. Mangoooo12

Does the 4U feel much more stiff due to the less weight in the head while swinging?

10. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Correct :). I sometimes feel like the ZFII was designed in 3U and then stripped down for the 4U version by removing a few carbon piles.

11. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    I had a 3U and a 4U ZFII. Both weight had given me a hard time but in the end 3U (G5) for me is much better. You can do not only powerful smash but clears and punch clears w/ minimal effort as well. Saves energy you know ;););)

PS. Don't use the ZFII esp w/ high tension (27+) when playing plastic birdie. HTH

12. rocky4

rocky4 Regular Member

Student
    By all means, no. The 4U is great. It really comes down to preference for some as there are others like myself who likes to use 4U and 3U, I switch to 4U when I am playing in doubles and sometimes switch to 3U when going to singles (I honestly prefer 4U as im more accustomed to 4U). So if you're asking if it's easier to use then most people, if not majority would obviously say the 4U as it's lighter, but again some would say 3U because that's their preference. Just use whatever feels right for you ;)

13. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@PauLCW why not use ZF2 with high tension if playing with plastic birdie???

14. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

It feels bad and smashes become really slow.

15. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Then would you say 25lbs would be good?

16. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Don't use a zf2 with plastic shuttles, would be my advice. I've done it. It's not great.

I have an ashaway with low tension zm69f for plastics.

As soon as it's feather the n90s are out.

I've used both 3u and 4u. Honestly they're both nice rackets. But really, the rackets require ideal playing conditions. Bad courts, shuttles etc and it becomes a bit pointless to use a racket as demanding as this. The 3u zf2 was my go to when I played right handed, was too demanding for me as a beginner left handed. Dabbled with the 4u but it was a touch too stiff.

17. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    Hi Quentin11, their comments were spot on very helpful. And also if you tend to mishit a lot or likes doing a slice shot you'll easily break the strings much often.

So like Charlie-SWUK, I also have an extra racket for plastic birdie to play. Its a Babolat Ntense Power a flexible shaft racket w/ 21lbs of string tension. HTH ;););)

18. Andyworld

Andyworld New Member

The 4u is amazing;however, the 3u is slightly better. 4u gives you a faster reaction, therefore better for player who likes to play fastpace. 3u is more advance and therefore the player needs enough skills and physical ability to be able to handle it.

19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    FME I would say 4U nor 3U is easier to use. On one hand the 3U has more weight in the head which support to flex the shaft, but is very demanding on your tendons and forearm, when you don't have a strength to accelerate a bigger head mass. The 4U is demanding in a different area. While it is easier to accelerate, you need a good technique and a compact and fast swing to flex the shaft to its full potential. IMO both rackets are a niche product for experienced players, with a decent technique, playing at a serious level. For average Joes both rackets are not made for. I can hear the voices of some owners "But I can use it...I don't have any problems...I overflex the 3U...blahblahblah". But trust me both racket just belong in the hands of 50% of the owners and power is not everything in badminton. Just my 2 cents.

Quentin11 likes this.
  20. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I took the VZF2 and yeah I can say that I cannot use it to its full potential.

My smashes lack steepness and I cannot generate power from it for the smash. But that about the only downside.

I love it for the power in its clear and the feeling of BG80 has on the net shots and drops.

But now that Momota is not using this racket. I'm kinda bummed out having bought it.