2017 Yonex New Shoes (SHB03, SHBCFM/L, SHB65 new color)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by esppy, Jan 13, 2017.

1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

*sigh* I know you're a keen guy on shoes but I guess you might at least trust what I say? If at all? You're so cynical over the whole thing lol *exhales*

[​IMG]

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yeah but we can't actually see the sole of the shoe. I'm not distrusting what you're saying, it's just kinda common practise for YY. LCWs shoes have had the SHB92 sole for ages now. LD has SC6 sole with CWM top. Just curious if he's actually moved on.

3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Well at least the bottom outsole is real 03Z instead of 92MX wave patterns as seen in the 01LTD...

Can't find a LCW diving picture to see whether its blue plastic or the old school diamond carbon plate with YONEX wording on it... but I honestly fully think it's the former.

Edit: actually... @Charlie-SWUK , is this enough?

[​IMG]

4. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Yeah I think you're right, the 92 also have little black rubber sections near the toe area. Very interesting that he's actually changed over.

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Not sure what you mean black sections, but if you mean the black rubber sole on the outer foot side, the SHB01LTD already lost them for all yellow rubber sole. And it's been like that since 2013.

[​IMG]

6. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Ah didn't realise they were gone already, still I think you're right about the shape of the plastic section.

7. esppy

esppy Regular Member

No probs, happy to point that out.

All this talk is why I'm so intrigued about the SHB03/03Z right now. I mean, its the ONE shoe that managed to convince LCW to try (following the Aerus1 fail in Taiwan/Japan/Denmark 2015), after he wore the 92 for like, 6-7 years.... though for how long, remains to be seen...

As a side note...
    Speaking of which, the SHB03 worldwide EX version, bottom sole is extremely reminiscent of the current SHB65 except with a stiff rubber upper, rubber lunging area and slanted lacing pattern....

8. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    i might give this pair a try, my previous yonex SHB02LTD lasted barely 6 months the sides are already torn

9. Desmond C

Desmond C Regular Member

Just purchased a pair of the new SHB-03ZM. I haven't gotten around to testing them yet, but from first impressions, these might be my next go-to shoes. I have wide and fairly flat feet, and I must say that these shoes are quite wide, which is perfect for me. The materials used on the upper shoe are remarkably durable just by feel. The inner bootie concept definitely allows for a more snug fit, so much that you dont need to lace the shoes to walk around comfortably. I usually warm up without my shoes tied, just out of laziness, but I could not move too freely due to the heels being far too loose. With these shoes that issue is gone, which is a plus for me, but may not appeal to others. The shoes are quite heavy, compared to my previous shoes (Victor SH-LYD, SH-S80, Yonex Aerus (1)). The shell is quite stiff, but I'm sure that with time they will loosen and become more flexible. One thing that I do note is that the lacing pattern (similar to that of the SHB02) is quite difficult to tighten, so for those who love to cut the circulation from their feet, this shoe may not be right for you.

TL;DR

SHB-03ZM are wide, heavy, and very 'snug' but not tight. The material is also seemingly durable, but only time will tell with this aspect of the shoe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#49 Desmond C, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    zionong and slackpetesam like this.
  10. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Does anyone knows if Malaysia have started selling SHB-03 ?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Just launched today with super ridiculous retail price. MYR 669.90 (SHB03ZM and 03ZMX). Retailers might selling around rm500 to rm550.
    Normal SHB03 retailed at MYR499.90.

12. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

Could someone please give a comparison between shb 03z and shb 01ltd? Thanks a lot

13. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Datuk going to have another limited pair of shoes after SHB03Z
    one side orange one side blue.

[​IMG]

14. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    how does this shoe compare to Aerus 2 ?

15. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Does anyone know a professional player, that plays with the normal Yonex Power Cushion 03 M (the black and white version) and has pictures of it?

Would like to see how they look, when they are actually worn, while playing. :)

16. eiji

eiji Regular Member

Just received the SHB03MD from Chitose Sports on Rakuten. From purchase date 24 Jul to date of parcel reaching to me on 28 Jul, everything was prompt and fast.

First impressions, the fit is a tad wide compared to Aerus, Aerus2, similar to SHB02. The Mid feels snug around the heels and ankles. The inner bootie is one piece, which makes wearing it pretty easy, without having to adjust the tongue. Fit around the forefoot around is snug and hugging, narrow feet will have to tighten the shoelace as tight as possible to get a snug fit.

SHB03MD_1.jpg SHB03MD_2.jpg SHB03MD_3.jpg SHB03MD_4.jpg SHB03MD_5.jpg

ZSpeedFreak and DeathMarkz like this.
  17. Dammit126

Dammit126 New Member

How's the shoe?

18. eiji

eiji Regular Member

The fit was looser than I expected around the toe box area, I wear JP27 for most shoes. Even my Aerus at 27 was a precise fit. However the fit on this like i mention earlier was definitely wider. Will try a different insole to see if i can get it to fit more snugly around the toe box.

Besides the fit, the comfort of this shoe and support around the ankle and heel is excellent, grip and flex on the shoe is just right. If you are familiar with the SHB02 and SHB01, the upgrade comes mainly from the bootie material as if it feels snug without being restrictive. Think of it as the comfort of a sneaker like Aerus for the upper portion of the shoe, heel support of the SHB02MX, cushioning of the SHB02s. Thats probably the best I can describe.

yf19-sama and Dammit126 like this.
  19. Dammit126

Dammit126 New Member

Thanks for the feedback mate. I currently do have the shb02ltd. Is the shb03md heavier or about the same as the shb02? In your opinion is it a good upgrade from shb02?

20. eiji

eiji Regular Member

It's probably lighter but I dont have shb02ltd, and weight of shoes don't really bother me..it's a few grams at most in difference. That said, the material on the newer shoes should make them lighter than the previous model

Dammit126 likes this.