Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Cant wait for your review for n9ii vs jpx ltd and jpx 8.5

2. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Many badminton store in Indonesia would help to weight the racket. Some badminton enthusiast like me demanding this kind of information. It is not a secret every racket, even the same model would have the weight difference up to 4gr. I want to get the right racket for me so I always insist the seller to weight the racket before i buy it

3. hm_andhika

You might have to wait until Tuesday. :)

rafiq_apit likes this.
  4. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

I weighed 6 or 7 n9ii in the store where I bought it and all of them were 89g exactly!

5. hm_andhika

This is a good indication how lining QA does a great job

6. rafiq_apit

rafiq_apit Regular Member

Lol...me too waiting .... I do have N9ii and also still deciding whether to get JPX Ltd...So with your review for N9ii vs JPX Ltd....I would likely to decide buying it or not.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Saru and hm_andhika like this.
  7. jamesjjj

jamesjjj Regular Member

just got N9II withing lining no1 @28lb and briefly played for 2hr. My current go to is 3U JS12 but I also own 4U ZF2, JS10, VTLDF, Onigiri.
    Initial impression is this racket packs a lot of power, which is great as I am often back court player in MD perform smashes. Smash speed easily beats my JS12 or any of my other racket except ZF2. I also notice I get sharper angle smashes with N9II than ZF2. there are few occasion when my smash would land the birdie just before opponent's feet. Maybe its the flex helping with the angle.
    Timing, however, for my drive is weird to get used to. Frame is super fast as what you'd expect from any victor BS/JS racket, however, perhaps due to the flex in shaft, I have issues with power wrist drives which I have perfected with JS12 to surprise my opponents.
    overall I can see this racket become my go to once I get the timing right. The racket seem suitable for aggressive play style.

8. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

will test mine tdy N9II new colour way with Kizuna Z58 26lbs

9. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

Just bought one on a holiday. Strung with lining no. 1 at 28lbs. Will find a local badminton group to test out

First impressions are good. Looks really nice and has a very aerodynamic frame. Shaft is really flexible and not as head heavy compared to my duo-zs

10. rafiq_apit

rafiq_apit Regular Member

Hi can anyone make a review on N7-II vs N9-II...That would be very much appreciate by me...TIA

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

eric213 likes this.
  11. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Seems pretty consistent with me

12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I wish Paul would have the chance to review this. I'm particularly interested to know what he has to say about this racket:)

13. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I had another satisfying 3 hours session tonight with my n9ii. I smash the **** out of many players, and each time was all so satisfying. I got another player noticing my racquet, after watching me strike those thunder smashes , and asked me to let him have a try at it. He did a few rounds of rally with me using my n9ii, and he was really impressed. He said he was definitely going to get one for himself. Another player converted to the dark side !

14. hm_andhika

I'm afraid I have different opinion about N9II. The speed and power of the racket seems average for me. I played with it for 2 games and not very satisfied with the N9II performance. Compare with JPX LTD, I can hit harder and hit various type of strokes nicely with LTD. I think I need to do some experiments here.

Friend of mine who has a better skill (an ex-national team player) tried it for 1 game and he also has the same reaction. He suggested me to change the string with BG80 power with higher tension. Based on his feedback, the racket weight started from the mid-shaft up to the frame which should be heavy enough to deliver big punch but on the other side, the shaft and frame does feel flex. If only N9ii has the same stiff like LTD, the result would be different.

I will try his suggestion and will play more with N9ii. As of now, JPX LTD is still a winner.

15. adrianh

adrianh Regular Member

had a 2 hour session with it today. So far so good! No problems adjusting to it from duo-zs. The touted shock absorption tech seems to work; it was very easy on my joints and they didn't get sore. Miss hits were very forgiving too! However this meant i had trouble dialing in the right amount of power at first.
    Also, i am not impressed with the grommets; they arent as robust as those found on the duo-zs so they will be the first thing that gets replaced when i get back home. FWIW the new colour scheme is not as good as the old one :(

Definitely happy with the racquet, my new go-to! Now to hunt for the older version.

16. Konquerian

The n9ii was designed for Olympic Champion Fu Haifeng, so it is definitely not a slouch of a racquet . However, there is also no one racquet fits all, so your opinion on it is very valid. I did hear similar feedbacks from some players after using this racquet.

It really depends on the player's play style. If you need a stiffer racquet, you should definitely use a stiffer racquet . I used to use a JJS and JS10, both 4/5 stiff racquets, so adjusting to the n9ii, which IMO is a 3.5/5 stiff, did take a little while to adapt, but didn't take me long.

Different racquets in the right play style hands will yield different result, and the n9ii is no different. I'm glad you like the jpx ltd. Next time when I need to talk some players out of getting the n9ii because their play style don't fit with the racquet specs, I will have more material to use, thanks to your comments .

Let us know how you feel after you try it again with different string and tension, it will definitely help the members on this thread to decide about the n9ii.

17. eiji

eiji Regular Member

Restrung my N9II with Aerosonic at 24lbs. Repulsion is definitely good, feel is a tad harder than BG66UM, control is similar. Durability remains to be seen.

I have tried the JPX LTD, didnt really liked it, its more powerful on smashes but lacks control. The racket also felt more head heavy than what I am mostly used to, I have BS12, JS10, LDF, N9II for reference.

18. Konquerian

Last night's session I didn't even bother to change racquet, my n9ii just felt so good to use. Smashes were still sharp and deadly accurate. Speed wise, I was able to defend against most attacks, didn't feel a sense of drag at all. I must say that the racquet is holding up really well.

19. hm_andhika

I strung the racket with NBG99 yesterday (29lbs). BG80 power out of stock. Will play again tonight and share feedback.

Actually both my N9ii and JPX LTD is head heavy (depends on your grip). Based on my grip setup, both rackets balance point is between 310mm and 312mm. While N9ii head weight started from mid shaft to top, JPX LTD head weight is in the frame. I also noticed the shaft of JPX LTD is smaller than N9ii and JPX LTD is using T46 material. I think N9ii used T30 or T40 material. The key difference is the shaft stiffness. Adapting to a new racket is very challenging, frame and grommet hole design may create a different results too. Our string and tension preferences also matters and the most important part is our play skills.

I'm not the guy who can tell very specific feelings about the racket. I only come up to say the racket is great for me or the racket just not for me and when our skills improved, you might like the previous racket you think were not for you.

Will keep playing N9ii till I can maximize its potential.

20. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

I strung mine with li ning no 5 at 31lb d power is hell lot more than my ztf 2