Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. robsmash

robsmash New Member

This N9ii are just awesome racket,i am a yonex die harder fans.but not anymore.this N9ii got much more than YY bomber rackets.

2. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Welcome to the dark side !

I, too, started with yonex, and then converted to victor, and now to li ning with n9ii.

3. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

If you wanted a stiff shaft, wouldn't it have helped to research and buy the N7-2 instead??

4. Konquerian

The n7ii is actually medium stiff like the n9ii, and also a little less head heavy.

5. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

Heard from 2 guys who own both n7ii and n9ii that n7ii is lighter and more agile. It is easier to play front court with n7ii and though smashs are not as heavy as n9ii but adequate. Haven had a chancr tryimg out n7ii hope to havr a chance

6. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Please do a review on n7ii! I'm planning to buy the n9ii but from the looks of it, n7ii seems to mysteriously suit my play style as I'm leaning more towards the front court. Although i like play the rear, I'm just a weakling :(

7. Konquerian

If you're a defense oriented player, the lighter and more agile racquet will definitely suit you better. However, you will need the strength to hit those high back court clears and smashes, so it'll still come down to the basic techniques and arm/wrist strength.

There is really no weakling in badminton. You should always play because you enjoy the game. As you progress in the game and wanted to play better, then you practice your basic techniques and footwork. The key is practice, practice, and more practice. That's what my mentor said, but not before you choose YOUR perfect racquet first , of course.

eric213 likes this.
  8. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    After playing 7 hours with N9ii, I could tell that N9ii isn't for me. Lucky you guys who can maximize the potential of N9ii. I will stick with Mizuno JPX LTD. I have traded my N9ii with Adidas P800 and very soon I will test Gosen Customedge 2.0K.

9. Konquerian

Sorry for the breakup ! At least you found love with the jpx ltd!

Care to elucidate what went wrong in the relationship? It would be informative to know what attributes of the n9ii that didn't suit you. That way for those members who are looking in to getting the n9ii could have more info to work with in their consideration, instead of only reading about the goodness of the n9ii.

eric213 likes this.
  10. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

In addition to the above statement by konquerian, could you also please tell us your play style too? Do you do drives, net or smash a lot and such. Cause I'm one of the members that's still unsure if I should go to the dark side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    I've been trying few Li-Ning' racket in the past i.e. N9i, N50i, N30i and I didn't like it either. I was hoping I could love N9ii, but it ends up the same way. I'm not really good in translating feelings into wordings. What I could tell, I didn't find the same joy when smashing, nor when doing fast drive, with LTD, it does satisfy my feelings, smash harder and faster drive. I'm not a front player type, sometimes I do a trick shot near the net or just drop shot to force a lift. I like to play in the middle and back court. Love to smash (40%), drive (40%) and drop shot (20%). Not a fan of clear shot. For defense, I don't really have an issue with most of the rackets, so I can't give any comment.

For you guys who like to buy N9ii, I prefer to borrow one from your friends. But if your friends don't have it, then as usual, you got to buy it to taste the experience yourself. We are badminton enthusiast here, I believe most of you had been spending thousand dollars only to feel the experience with the racket, or may be I am wrong? You tell me.

12. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    As a smasher I'm unsure on this one now. I punch above my weight when smashing but found I couldn't defend sufficiently with 4u tk9000. I don't need help with rear court power so I've gone to js10 for the boost in defence. All out attack is a lot of fun, but playing tactical against no lifts puts me at a huge disadvantage if I cannot defend.

Does the n9ii compare to the original n9?

13. FahadM

FahadM Regular Member

Technichian
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to share my experience with u guys on n9(2). I usually play with js10 3U and in comparison n9(2) has bigger punch. Basically, it has significant power than the js10. But, I gotta admit that I didn't find any racquet faster than js10 yet. it doesn't mean that n9(2) is slow. N9(2) is faster than any other 3Us except js10. it has great defense and is an unexpected powerhouse. in a nutshell, N9(2) does everything so well like js10 in every department, just a bit slower and significantly more power than js10. So far I m really impressed.

14. Konquerian

It's good to hear another player is enjoying the n9ii. I, too, used to play with a 3u js10. It was an amazing racquet when I first started playing with it, until I found the n9ii. I was really impressed with the n9ii from the beginning also. And ever since then, it has been my go-to racquet now. After you drop more hours on it, do let us know how it holds up for you, we will definitely like to hear your inputs.

Last, but not least, welcome to the dark side !

15. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Oh no, reading all the comments about how amazing N9ii really make me want to try one as well. Unfortunately I couldn't find one here in Netherlands (and Europe) :(

16. Konquerian

I bought mine from a Canada store, "yumo.ca". Maybe you should give them a try and see, they have great customer service. But as you might already knew, the n9ii is a bit pricy. I suggest reading on some of the dislike comments on the racquet first before pulling the trigger.

17. Konquerian

I just replaced my old, overworked overgrip on my n9ii, now my overgrip color matches the strings :D. This new grip is very comfy.

Attached Files:

eiji and rafiq_apit like this.
  18. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Finally pull the trigger and buy N9ii online :D

Let's see how it will compare against my current go-to JS12

19. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Oh, in Vietnam the n9ii is cheaper than any Victor or Yonex rackets haha. It's a no brainer really :D

20. Konquerian

Lucky you ! In the US, all the racquets are pretty damn pricy. If the big boys keep making more, new excellent racuqets, pretty soon, I'll be left with only one kidney .

Chiranjib Abinash likes this.