Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

What is the other racket? The frame looks wavey, like the fin of fish :p

Finally get my N9ii. Will play with it and report it later

2. Blackmambaz

Blackmambaz Regular Member

Gosen inferno haha yet to try it out. Apparently the frame generates more power. Only comes in 4U

eric213 likes this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Interesting combination - I have the both rackets also. The Inferno is a weird one, I wonder what you'll think of it. In any way, give it a couple of sessions time until you make your final judgement. It takes some time to get used to it (unlike the N9II which is a love at first sight kind of racket).

4. Blackmambaz

What's your main racquet ? I'm gonna be using the n9ii mainly for the up coming comp. inferno and bs12 as backup

5. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

@eiji: Do you have any review yet between N7ii and N9ii? I am waiting for your review :D:D:p:p

6. eiji

eiji Regular Member

I like both, but I only had 30mins with the N7II so far, so holding off writing anything indepth as of now, will be playing with it more tomorrow in another 20hrs time, will write one around this time tomorrow.

For a short review, the N7II has a slightly stiffer shaft, not as stiff as JS10 or VTZF2, but discernable between the N9II, the head weight from my feel is more balanced to slightly head heavy as compared to head heaviness of the N9II. The control, net play, drives and drop shots were great with the N7II, smashes didnt come out as quick or powerful on full arm swings but for the snap smashes it was very fast. I dont have a 3U JS10 to compare. More about the racket tomorrow.

eric213 and Khamenman like this.
  7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm still on the JS10. Just can't seem to get off of it, no matter what else I try.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I know that feel. :D

Sigurds likes this.
  9. hieucdub

hieucdub Regular Member

I used to know that feel until it had major sinking holes... Went back to the zspeed and boy did I miss the smashing power of that thing

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I don't think that @Rob3rt was talking about the JS10 and more of his beloved N80.
    Oh, and as far as I remember, he also had a special relationship with the Z-Speed...

#310 s_mair, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Rob3rt likes this.
  11. hieucdub

hieucdub Regular Member

Oh really, it's extremely rare that I hear someone get along well with the z-speed haha. How is your js10 holding up? Any issues with sinking frame?

12. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Good to hear that you got the n9ii with you! I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Mine is still going strong, and is still my go-to racquet.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

So far both of them are holding up pretty well. I'll be going into my third season with them now and they have seen ~10 string jobs at around 27 to 29 lbs. and there are some minor dents at several grommets - nothing unexpected. They have also survived several clashes (as some paint chips can tell). *knock on wood*

14. eiji

eiji Regular Member

Today I spend an equal amount of time on both the N7II and N9II.

First the specs of strings on both rackets.

N7II is on BG66UM 24lbs
    N9II is on BGAS Aerosonic 24lbs

Rear Court
    After a few clears the difference between the N7II and N9II is quite evident. The lighter head of the N7II is noticeable, the stiffer shaft as well. More effort has to used on the N7II to do a rear to rear clear. The speed of the head feels faster, likely due to the lighter weight, however it lacks the same punch as the N9II. The feel is also harder and more feedback can be felt from the shuttle. The strings might have made some difference here hence I felt I needed to list the strings i am using. Rear court smashes came out slower on the N7II but steeper, the control is amazing, I could place them very close to the tramlines. I do not have the skills to do jump smashes so I cant comment, and I am not a strong smasher. The N9II produces effortless power with the flex of the shaft aiding my swing. To get a powerful smash from the N7II, I needed to put a lot of effort into the swing to produce similar speed to the N9II. However, drops from the N7II was just so much fun, my opponents today was caught many times due to how steep and close to the net my drops were and the speed of the drops as well. I could do normal drops, slice drops, reverse slice drops with ease. The control I felt with the N7II was so amazing.

Midcourt
    Flat drives and pushes was very easy with the N7II, despite this racket being a 3U weight, I honestly felt it was on par with my 4U JS10. Mid court snap smashes was steep and fast. This racket really excels in this area and the front court(more on that later). Defense was very easy, it moves really fast, maybe a tad slower than 4U BS12 and JS10, but really negligible, I had a lot of control on the return of smashes, to play to close to the net, lift it to back or just a reflex block to mid court.

Front Court
    The net area is really where N7II excels, the stiffer shaft offers lots of control. Interceptions, net play, net kills felt easy with the N7II.

Final Thoughts
    The N7II suits those with wristy swings, if you can generate a lot of swing speed, the stiffer shaft of the N7II is a lovely racket for doubles. It excels on the mid court and front court area. I dont have the power to create good smashes with this from the rear and hence my place became predictable very quickly for my opponents as I started to favor drops, even then I could still steal points from my opponents due to how well place and close to the net the drop shots were. If you are a control type of player in doubles, I believe the N7II would suit your style, however the N9II might be the better all round racket for most doubles player.

I hope this short review helps those thinking between N7II and N9II.

eric213, Khamenman and rafiq_apit like this.
  15. Blackmambaz

After spending 10 hours with my N9ii I still find it hard to generate a hard power smash. End up going back to my BS12

16. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Interesting review. Do you have JS10? From your explanation, it sounds like JS10, stiff, medium balance, excel at front and midcourt..

17. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Correct me if I'm wrong here. JS10 isn't really a racket that excels at mid and front court. I mean Goh V Shem smashes were around 400km/h with JS 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess you have never played with a JS10 yourself, right?

JS10 is THE front and mid court racket, hands down.

19. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

I did for a while but still unsure if it's for front or back court. Okay, just asking. Not trying to start anything here since Goh v Shem and Tan Wee kiong both uses the JS10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Erm. TWK used to use it. He uses a JS12 now.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

eric213 likes this.