Buying a stringing machine Europe

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Olhasoueu, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Olhasoueu

Olhasoueu New Member

hello i found this forum online looking for reviews in stringing machines for my son, and myself, and in the future making some stringing for my friends, i m buying in Racquet Depot UK this https://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/pros-pro-shuttle-express-badminton-stringing-machine/ and from reading in forums i will change the 2 badminton flying clamps that comes included in the machine for this https://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/pros-pro-premium-badminton-flying-clamp/ finally does any one have a coupon code for this store , or any advices, all the best for you.

2. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

why dont you buy from the prospro website? it is only 186 € there, but im not sure how much the shipping would be.
    Also u might want to consider getting a dropweight machine with fixed clamps instead. They are slightly more expensive but you ll probably have better results with it.
    The dropweight acts as a constant pull instead of locking out.

3. asadafgs

asadafgs Regular Member

Although I have never owned a PP, most people say to avoid them and Eagnas, which I can confirm. As Arc said, try to get a machine with fixed clamps/dropweight if it is inside your budget, as it will produce much better results than a crank. Most people end up upgrading to a WISE anyways, so I guess it is not too important whether you have a dropweight or crank, unless you don't plan to upgrade. A good machine I'd recommend is the Gamma X-6 FC.

If you must get the PP machine, then I would suggest to upgrade the flying clamps to the YY ones instead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

4. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Have u tried the red PP flying clamps? :) They work a lot better than the blue ones. I have only used them at 30 lbs, but I found them to do a very good job. Haven't tried the YY yet though.

5. Olhasoueu

Olhasoueu New Member

Hello I will buy from racquet Depot because they offer a 5 years warranty, and the shipping costs are affordable, about the clamps I chose the reds one because I read a review that the are very similar to the yonex ones, thank you for your answers

6. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

I have both (although not used since upgrading machines) and while the Red PP flying clamp is quite good I would recommend the few pounds extra for Yonex ones. Both hold Aerosonic fine at 29lbs (highest I tested) but the Yonex finish is nicer.

As a brief owner of the PP Shuttle Express and later PP XT Plus (now Gamma) I would highly recommend getting the drop weight version (Challenger I or II). I've used a decent drop weight (Exthree), the cheap PP crank and a WISE. The PP crank is by far the worse of them all in terms of usability and consistency. I really can't stress enough how much it sucks. This isn't here say but from personal, hands on experience, i.e. It annoyed me so much I ordered a WISE upgrade after a single racket. Also, the PP fixed clamps vary greatly in quality and the Red PP flying clamps or ideally Yonex ones will likely serve you better unless you get lucky.

Mr Arc2 likes this.
  7. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Out of all the various PP machines I've had, the Shuttle Express was probably my favourite. I guess partly because it's the one I learnt to string on - the advantages are that it's small enough to store away, and it doesn't cost much. That makes it easy to sell on if you don't get on with stringing. The other advantage is that it's so simple so there's not much to go wrong - one of my blue clamps failed after 3 months, so changing them to the red ones is a good idea!

I used this video to get me started, although Kwun's starting method is better:

Double/triple cranking at a consistent speed is the key to good tension. Knots and shared holes were the things that slowed me down in the beginning. Luckily for you there's lots of good knot videos in this forum now!

8. Spingo80

Spingo80 Regular Member

I have a pros pro shuttle express and it is excellent. You do however need to buy a starting clamp and a couple more flying clamps to make the job easier. I suggest getting two smaller flying clamps as they help when doubling up to tie off

9. Blake2004

Blake2004 New Member

Hi
    I have a pros pro shuttle express. My mounting head isn't level so if I mount my racket one way it crash into the crank when I spin it round. Does anyone know how to fix this.
    Thanks Blake