Yonex Aerosonic 0.61 string

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by lcw the best, Jul 24, 2015.

1. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

I agree. This is so thin, it wears out before it feels dull.
    I've started not to PS it at higher tensions (which for BGAS is 24 lbs+).
    Stay at or under 26 lbs, and it will last surprisingly well.

Cheers,
    FB

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yep basically don't be an idiot like me who had his pulled to 31 one then 32 again and you'll be just fine in the durability department.

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    It's in a weird place, as you've said it has better retention than 66UM. It has better repulsion, but I feel worse control. The feeling is different, not really either way from 66UM.

Unfortunately it loses out to No.1 for me, as I'd much rather have the extra durability in a 66UM-like.

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I honestly did not feel worse control when pulled high enough. But that high was close to it's breaking point and it lasted 1 day total without mishits. I'm not sure how many players have even seen one strung that high let alone gotten one on their own racket so it might not even be an option for loads of people.

It loses to No.1 for me as well because I can't afford to stay at the stadium all day everyday waiting for my racket to be strung and spend an insane amount of money on it when I can have similar performance with 7 times the durability with no.1.

5. FeatherBlaster

Do you get 40-50 hours play from LN#1 strung at 34+ lbs? You can not compare 32 lbs BGAS with 32 lbs LN#1 - not the feel, nor the sound...

Cheers,
    FB

6. FeatherBlaster

You are not an idiot at all. Basically I just do not think BGAS is for 32+ lbs players.

Aerobite is the variant you should try IMHO. Half heaven half durability. :)

Cheers,
    FB

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I do in fact get a week's worth with No.1 at 34. It performs insanely well at higher tensions in that regard for me :D.

I didn't like aerobite much but will try it again at much higher tensions and see what happens :)

8. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Ok update on the string .... had it about 2 months on the nanoray 900. Have been playing more than 10 sessions and it lasts !

Stringed the other nanoray 900 with gtone 5 which also went thru more than 10 sessions.

Yonex still provide better feedback at the net I think due to the metallic feel.

Both are my UM66 replacement hopefuls

All at 26 lbs for a intermediate player.

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Are you like a net biased player maybe?

10. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

Not really I like to smash.

Unfortunately my fav racket zf2 with um66 clashed when I played with lower level players .

I think for me um66 and AS as somewhat of feedback for me which ever shot I hit. The gtone was a 'sound replacement tryout'. It's not too bad just feel it's dull at the net.

11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Sounds quite weird. Hard hitters wear out and chew through strings really quickly usually. Aerosonic is super nice in terms of feedback if pulled at a decent tension that I definitely agree with. Might wanna look into Li Ning No.1 to test if you're not a big fan of GT5 but like UM and AS.

But then again, if your strings are lasting that long I'm not sure if there's a reason to switch. Never have I heard of aerosonic last two months before.

12. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

I guess these 2 months I have played lesser too due to flying up and down and funerals.

Ok will try the No.1 next.

For me um66 broke on nr900 (1 week & under 2 months) fast was coach claims I misshit. Broke bottom and top and NR seems to have more vertical string space than zf2 due to head shape.

Yeah AS thinner than um66 . Perhaps I have also been psychologically gentler on the string or smash more sparingly

13. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    Here's my strings strung at 28lbs after... many hours... hahahaha... I tried to break it for 2 sessions (about 1-2 hours each) and it won't break. That said, I strung another racket at 32x35 - broke after a mishit within 4-5 hours.. hahaha... the 2nd time it broke at the same spot, replaced all my grommets and dropped it to 30x33. Hopefully, it doesn't break again. Another (Mizuno JPX 8.5) strung at 28-30 - guy did a 1 piece stringing... wondering how long it will last :D I am not a heavy hitter, but I did try to smash the heck out of the racket in the picture for 1 session and it didn't break. :p

Attached Files:

#193 drowsysmurf, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Jeez man 35 is something even I haven't had the balls to ask for :eek:. Sounds really quite scary for the grommets..

15. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    I have a few bags of different grommets and replace them when I think they need replacement. Not that scary

16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Hah I do aswell and carry them within my bag at all times just in case! But even Dennis's grommets lasted just one job. That coupled with aerosonic not even making through a day at that tension would get so expensive 0.0..

17. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    I get my strings via a friend in Taiwan (super cheap) and string my own rackets (on a machine that has paid itself off over the years). :p Back in my younger days, I used to play everyday and break BG80/85 every 3-4 weeks. As you can see from how frayed those strings are, I don't seem to know how to break them/am not strong. I smashed for a good 15 minutes yesterday with that racket and the strings still did not break (but did fray more). :(:eek::confused: Also, I typically string 28lbs only. I was just testing how much pull the string can sustain and how high tension I can string before the racket feels like a brick. I remember in the past, I would string BG 65 at like 33 or so lbs and it felt like a brick (very flat feel, can't hit it hard enough for it to clear to base line. BG80 felt like a brick too), with aerosonic, it is not as flat although I had thought it would be harder to hit at that tension. It's only that high on one racket for fun's sake :p

18. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

I guess many hard hitters here that's why string break.

I just came back from a club session and one of my girl members uses aerosonic too . She used the AS string for 3 months no break. 24lbs

Her level - 3rd in one of the hong Kong districts

19. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    Finally broke on a drive block drop. Hahahahaha... I like to think people hit more accurately than I do on the same spot which is why theirs break faster :p

20. Mcth

Mcth Regular Member

My Aerosonic going into 3rd month !

26 lbs on NR900