Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

Hi guys

I have the n9 then move on to the n9ii black.. Love so much that i acquire another one but the green one. Last nite i play with both my n9ii. I found the green one a lot more flexible compared to the black but stiffer than the n9. All 3 racquet samr setup, same grip same string li ning no 5 4 knot 31 30 lb and also same grip. Anybody has the same experience?

2. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

A club mate uses LN no.3 he gets from malaysia as well. However, I find it really unusual in that no one from our club has ever heard of it (including our badminton union who get their supplies directly from LN China and is adamant that there is no such string). I've done some looking on LN website and it also only has no. 1, no. 5 and no. 7. It would be strange if the no. 3 is exclusive to only certain markets...
    Would be great if you could do some comparisons and reviews of the string!

3. eiji

eiji Regular Member

http://sea.li-ning.co/my/product/li-ning-no-3-string/

I dont think I write good reviews on string, not as good a writer as most and I am out of action for another week or 2 due to injury. Will write my thoughts when I can. I have tried Li-Ning No1, BG80, BG68TI, BG65TI, BG66UM, Aerosonic, Mizuno MZ63, thus far my favourite string remains Li-Ning No.1

4. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

0.63mm from LN?! :eek: Seeing that you're from sg, my mate gets it from malaysia and the website is for SEA. It would be really sad if the no.3 is only available for SEA countries but I can't wrap my head around why this would be the case...

5. paul27

paul27 Regular Member

I've yet to try No.3 on my N9ii, currently have No.1.
    The last time I tried No.3 was on my ZF2 4u. String twisted massively while restringing and broke after one session. Probably a bad restringing (by me). I might give it another try when No.1 breaks.

On ZF2, No.3 felt really powerful. Hard feeling but had a lot of power and control.

6. eiji

eiji Regular Member

No.3
    String specifications
    Control – 9
    Durability – 6
    Repulsion power – 10
    Hitting sound – 10
    Shock Absorption – 8

No.1
    String specifications
    Control – 8
    Durability – 7
    Repulsion power – 10
    Hitting sound – 9
    Shock Absorption – 7

On their website seems like you only sacrifice durability for better control, ignore the sound and shock absoption as that varies from personal taste and feel.

Okaharu likes this.
  7. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I'm wondering now why #3 seems to have better specs than #1.

8. eiji

eiji Regular Member

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Perfect. Can you tell me what difference there is between both pink black and other versions? There seems to be these comments here and there saying all other versions except black pink are flexier which turns me off a bit. Untrue right?

10. eiji

eiji Regular Member

Some of have said there are differences, I did not find any difference between the two different color-ed N9II I have.

swsh likes this.
  11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Given I can't find the older version I was thinking of Tontovi Ahmad Bronze version which also looked very nice if I must say so myself.

12. eiji

eiji Regular Member

https://e78.us/Li-Ning-Racket?mfp=search[n9ii]

All 3 colours were available on e78, the black and pink sold out. I can still find the black and pink in Singapore, not sure how I am able to ship them to you though.

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Ah I would never want to trouble you with that stuff so don't worry. I'll just get em from MBS :)

The tontovi bronze black version does look pretty damn nice I mean.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It all comes down to plain and simple production variations. You will always find certain differences between several rackets which on paper should be identical. Victor is known to have quite large variations whereas Li-Ning seems to be able to produce in smaller tolerances.

And let's be honest - a big part of this "but the other color feels different" happens in our heads only.

sp00k, swsh and Okaharu like this.
  15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Correct however I was wondering if upon feedback they had lowered the shaft stiffness in the newer color perhaps as that was a scenario that came to my mind.

16. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Yea, I would go with swsh's theory.

However if we are to base it on the descriptions given on this signature version, it seems like only the grip size that's been changed and maybe that somehow affected an aspect of the "feel" of it? And usually ( but not in all cases) you would get a "hint" if something's been changed in a version of a given racket to a significant level, if they added something on its description and not a signature version; i.e: JS12 and JS12F, or those with versions II, III, IV like N9 and N9II, etc.

I'm not aware of any signature series of a racket model where they changed something significantly on its features that affected its performance, good or bad.

s_mair likes this.
  17. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Wow, it seems that the dark side is growing at your end of the galaxy . I'm still the only player in my go-to gym who uses the n9ii. Our gym is a yonex sponsored one, so most players went with yonex, of course .

18. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    This or the og N90. Goddamnit I can't decide. Hands literally shaking.

19. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

The difference is big! Take N90 if you want to singles only or N9ii if you want to play both.

20. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Damn you all! Especially @s_mair. Had a go with n9, very nice. Made an offer on a n9ii new colour and it arrives Tuesday. JS10 will have to sit in my bag for a session or 2. I was surprised how fast the n9 was, especially coming from a JS10. but not at all surprised at how nice and high quality it felt. Looking forward to having a devastating smash again after a time with too light and stiff sticks and mediocre smash.

Thanks to racketline, I got a great price on it.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk