Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. MartyGianMarty

MartyGianMarty Regular Member

Maybe it's an old racket.

2. AK77

AK77 Regular Member

You got a very good deal at RM350. I bought mine which is the 2017 red and black version for about CNY 1250 which is almost double of what you paid. I also agree mostly with the review you have posted. I didnt have problem with netshots. In fact since having this racket, i can do a fast backhand net kills. For drive shots, if you apply more power and better anticipate incoming drive shuttle trajectory, you can hit a flat rocket back to opponent's court which is very satisfying. It takes more stamina, power and probably increase your error rate but if you can hit those shots, leveraging the head heaviness and a fairly fast swing speed of VT-LDF , it feels damn nice.

Happy smashing

Terraglow likes this.
  3. dexter980

dexter980 Regular Member

Hi

It is really interesting to read all the comments? Can i assume VT-LDF is similar to Lining N9 ( slight head heavy and medium flex ) . I would appreciate If someone can compare against N9

4. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Thanks for the feedback.
    After several games playing with it, i agree with your opinion. Net kill is superb, but normal net drop feels a little uncontrolled. I started to like how it does drive shots. Although it demand more physically on drives, but it does launch the shuttle like a rocket. I was offered the new 2017 color scheme with a price of RM530. i think it is just the matter of different paint job and probably no/minor change in the specification, therefore i decided to take the 2016 model. Although i missed the lightning fast swing with nanoray series, but this racket is another interesting racket to play with =)

cheers

5. jayaloha

jayaloha Regular Member

6. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    there is no 2014 model.

but numbers 4 and 7 are close together on a numpad, though.

7. LordGopu

LordGopu Regular Member

To any Canadians:

This racket currently cannot be ordered from Yonex Canada it would seem. I spoke to Yumo and a friend who runs a pro shop and both confirmed that they cannot place orders. Yumo said that they weren't told it was discontinued, just that they can't order it. So who knows what's going on but if you're a Canadian and want this racket, you might need to hurry up a bit.

8. garra

garra Regular Member

By my experience, this racket in 3u makes no sense vs zf2 4u. Same power but zf2 much faster and defends better. also tap smashes , quick flicks, holds and then flicks deceptions, you name it....better than 3u ldf

Mmody likes this.
  9. vyshagh

vyshagh Regular Member

what about 4u ldf ??

10. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

i think the catch is:

- Bigger Sweet Spot
    - Able to tap on the power generation more easily. Do not need a very powerful swing to flex the shaft.

I feel that this racket is geared more towards the general public as compared to the zf2.

11. garra

garra Regular Member

All I know that initialy I was more toward ldf but that was placebo. Yes maybe feeling of 3u solidity is slightly better but as soon I got attacking type player vs me I'm having zf2 4u in my hand because I can match him in drives and defence.. 3u ldf is just sluggish for me. Also that more flex stuff heavier vs less flex lighter, for me I would take lighter and quicker with better power transfer... im having better suprise shots with zf2 I can wait more with deception...I consider myself advanced recreational player.

#751 garra, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  12. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Unless you can handle a 3U racket that's more suitable for singles like VTLDF, VT80 or others, you should always go for its 4U version when in doubles. I got the 4U VTLDF and I do not have any of the issues you're complaining about it.

13. garra

garra Regular Member

Yeah maybe if im better I could better use ldf 3u. I'm playing singles btw. Yes I'm sure ldf 4u would be different story and I'm thinking of getting 4u but since zf2 4u I can handle no point there...maybe in like 10 years when age catches me.

14. Chow Mein

Chow Mein Regular Member

I can confirm this. Was expecting two LD-Force as a sponsored player, received two ZF2 LD-Legends from Yonex Canada instead.

15. nsmithers31

nsmithers31 Regular Member

ya i apparently got the second last 2017 ldf from yumo, they had one in stock a few weeks ago and its still on their site last time i checked. I guess yonex canada only ordered in a small amount to send to retailers.

Too bad since its a very nice looking racket, and for me its better than my zf2, tons of power and control. but like all 3u head heavys its a tad sluggish in doubles

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

The control is amazing

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

17. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

My first session with it (4UG5):
    Clears- as any yonex high ends, quite easy not much effort needed. Same goes for backhand
    Drop- good and fast for both sharp drops and those slow just nice at the net slow drops. Backhand drop was good too, i could feel the shuttle being guided whether straight or crosscourt.
    Net- good control but maybe im still not used to it yet, its a hit or miss for me especially when i try to spin it. Or maybe im just not trained too well in it yet.
    Lifts- head heavy racket, easy to reach the base from net
    Defense- head heavy racket arent really my forte, but it responded quite well, though its not as fast as i wanted. Or maybe cuz the shuttles werent flying as fast or too slow lol (using cheap shuttle court staff picked up from leftovers)
    Drive(front/mid court)- good and responsive, its my strongest area so it helps. Opponent pressures me but its responsive enough to change pressure the other way. Satisfied.
    Slice- cuts through air smoothly, good for deception play
    Smash- never was a power kind of player, more of tactical careful ball placement player. But i got some good loud and crisp smashes none the less, after getting used to the weight a little. Im more of a wrist flick smash guy preferring angle and speed over raw power, still yet to try a full swing power smash. Overall, good power even from mishits.
    Played singles and doubles. Verdict is, more of a singles racket, its not to say slow for doubles, but its just not as fast as say a bs12, good anticipation and preparations for shots is vital. Bear in mind good technique is required for any racket to play properly and nicely. I like it, just the fast defence for doubles may make me a little dissapointed.
    Overall, really satisfied :)

Tantrum likes this.
  18. garra

garra Regular Member

Does anyone knows from where I can get this one shipped to Europe, 4u version. Ideally from some europe web shop so don't need to pay custom.

Tnx

19. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Went to Bangi for lunch, ended up getting one 2016 model from Hock Eng. At MYR319 inclusive of BG66U and AC102EX I think it's a pretty good deal tho.

Only 3U left and all weight 90G as 4U has been sold out. Plenty of discounts on other high end Yonex too.

Took it out for 3 hours session tonight, primaries are VT80 and VTZFII. Having it with BG66U @ 29lbs, the characteristic falls in between the two and it felt quite right for recreational player who looks for head heavy racket, aside from nice color scheme paired with red string.

20. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

Hi, guys, since Yonex made (read it somewhere for Lin Dan's Rio game) this wonderful LDF specially for Lin Dan, will non-professional players benefit it fully? Any comments are welcome.