India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

Carolina is e only player tt got a pay cut? Poor thing... anyway i m glad some of e european players got drafted.. salary will help them well

Attached Files:

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I don't think so. Lakshya sen is good. But did he defeat Siril verma before?

3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Willl Jorgensen play PBL?

4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

I don't see his name on any team list! As he was injured no team was willing to take the risk of buying him.

5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yes, a couple of times. Let's not forget he was Runner Up at Senior Nationals 2016, including his famous victory for HS Prannoy. I have no problem with Siril Verma being selected but Lakshya Sen should also have been picked. :)

John I'm likes this.
  6. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

BAI Senior Nationals 2017 Eligibility List
    Ashwini Ponappa
    has a direct QF entry if she partners Sumeeth Reddy or she will play from round 1 with Satwik Rankireddy.

7. Baddyforall

Of course, no talented junior should be left out.
    But I wanna hear what people have to say about his missing in auction

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

John I'm likes this.
  8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

That's one of the disadvantages when you are not a part of the Gopichand Academy. They can't keep Lakshya Sen out forever. They will be adding U-17 players, one for each team to travel and train with the team. The U-17 players will not be allowed to play. Only players who were bought in auction and are given in the existing team lists can play.

John I'm likes this.
  9. India_badminton

India_badminton Regular Member

Why always bring gopichand's academies name without giving a proper thought, Aditya, Pratul, Harsheel, Daniel are they from gopichand academy ? There is nothing to do with gopichand academy here, I have a question do you know whether lakshya is in the list of the players ? If so what is his base price (if its more teams will not buy him). I have checked most of the available info but couldn't find whether he was in auction list or not. It would be good if some one publishes it.

10. India_badminton

If lakshya was in the auction for a base price of upto 3 Lakhs I would buy him for sure, more then that I would not be willing to pay. I feel he should be a part of bangalore team, as his style of play is similar to victor it would be a great learning experience for him. Playing and watching victor axelesen for 3 weeks would be great for him.

John I'm likes this.
  11. Baddyforall

Circumstances sometimes finally directs everybody to his academy. And also the facts of some unusual selection makes everybody to think that way. Still more confusions to come in the near future as money involved in this sport is increasing day by day. Hope some system will be in place to tackle all those doubts in control. Only future will answer my queries. So many queries arises but only time has answers. Let us see whether Democracy will prevail over Protectionalism in the country where Mahatma and Dr.Abdul kalam were born.

India_badminton likes this.
  12. India_badminton

I would say one of the bad investments in indian MS is Guru sai dutt, he got 12 lakhs, where as pratul got 3 lakhs, may guru will improve in this 3 months time but pratul is in good form, I watched his game, he is good.

John I'm likes this.
  13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

If Lakshya Sen was part of the Gopichand Academy, would he have been left out of the auction? I have nothing against the Gopichand Academy and support all the players who represent India. :)

John I'm likes this.
  14. India_badminton

Give me the circumstance, I would like see how many of them are there. I know there is bias, example most of the OGQ fellows are from prakash padukone academy as he one of the directors of OGQ.
    I don't understand your point ? Do you know whether lakshya was in the auction list ? if yes tell me his base price ? Don't blame some one without knowing the facts.

John I'm likes this.
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

If Lakshya Sen was part of the Gopichand Academy, he would have been a part of PBL3. I am following Indian badminton for a long time. I don't wish to argue with you. Enough said. :)

16. India_badminton

Guys just got the info lakshya was in the auction and his base price was 1lakh.teams are crazy to not even invest 1 lakh on him

17. Baddyforall

Now you know why we mention about
    OGQ is not from public money whereas we have right to ask if a selection process is in question .

1) First of all, they should not have selected Gayathri Gopichand (Conflict of interest)

2) I have been following badminton for many years . I have seen when Gopichand travels with indian team in for tournaments all around the world. In one tournament, Gopichand travelled as usual but sat in coach's chair for those from his academy but not for Ajay Jayaram . When Ajay was playing, Only lady coach Madhumitha Bisht was coaching him. Even we have heard Ajay asking Madhumita bisht "where is he"? "why he is not coaching"? . Thanks to courtside mike.

3) And also, the list provided to the auction team has some of the players who are not at all consistent. Players from Gopichand academy will benefit the most. The players in the top of the list will be from Gopichand academy. For eg, Last year when Saina was out of Gopichand academy, she got lower price in auction. Even some newspapers were went on adding fuel saying that nobody was willing to buy her. But the reason was opposite. Her name was called at last when no teams had enough money to buy her. Fortunately, her old team franchisee retained her.

4) When Target Olympics scheme was announced, Fund for Badminton MS players who were supposed to be part of Olympics got money and it went to Gopichand's academy since he is National coach. But the players included in that scheme were controversial. Even Gurusaidutt was included. How come a player who does not part of Olympics or anything can come into picture. What will people like me ask if Gurusaidutt is in the picture why not some raju or sharma from some other place? Again Conflict of interest.

5) I accept Gopichand is one of the person who brought the indian badminton to global scene. But we can't accept some of the interference in internal system.

6) Still i don't have any idea , how players are selected for tournaments outside india and which players are selected in what basis?. Absolute BLANK.

Am a big of Dr. Abdul Kalam sir. I have some principles. He even paid for his family who came to Delhi for sightseeing when he was President of India. He returned every gift articles given to him during his period to the Government. It was said nearly 9 lorries of gift articles were there when he was out of office. But he returned everything but only books which he bought using his money. India misses such kind of selfless people. Hope somebody comes to change Indian politics.

18. srini123

srini123 New Member

I don't know if Gopi tries to influence selections, but i know at least one instance, where he gave priority to ethics over money when he refused to endorse coco cola ad when he was at the peak of his career.

India_badminton likes this.
  19. India_badminton

You didn't see him during this world championships beside ajay, when ajay was playing chen long. His academy player was just playing on the side court, but he was with ajay till the game got over, he didn't prefer his academy player then. He goes only twice or thrice a year on tours for the past may be 4 years. He doesn't travel much.

20. India_badminton

Ha Ha I understand now you don't even know anything properly, Saina's name was called before hand but nobody was interested as just before the auction she came back from the injury and said in a interview that she may have to retire from the game, check the ESPN interview, because of that she had no takers intially, then finally in the end awadhe had her cheaply for the base price.

You don't remember the price of PV Sindhu ? She was paid very less ( just 39 L) as her name was last and teams ran out of money and Chennai retained her for low price, please check something before alleging someone of doing all these things..