Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

I'd just like to point out that the racquets used by Li Ning sponsored players are not necessarily the ones you buy.
    I cannot confirm for lesser known players, but this is definitely true for the big shots.
    This is well known in China and is extensively documented on badmintoncn with first hand confirmation from the players' themselves.

For example, Li Ning manufactures a 'CP' version specially dedicated for the Chinese National Team which is different to the retail version. Furthermore, top players such as Lin Dan, Cai Yun, Fu Hai Fung, Zhang Nan, etc were known to use customised racquets which are again, different to the ones on the market.

Now I'm not saying the player's racquets are totally different to the ones they claim to use, maybe the market version is a toned down player version, or maybe they are just made to be more user friendly for the general public, who knows? What I can say though is to take it with a pinch of salt when evaluating a racquet based on how a player's using it, because that racquet is most likely, not the same one you have used.

I'd also like to reiterate that this post post refers solely to Chinese players sponsored by Li Ning since I've not read anything about other countries' Li Ning sponsored players (eg. Ahsan)

#601 Okaharu, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Junye and edogaktop like this.
  2. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Then why not make them customised new racket models? So many of them are still playing with 1st gen rackets... ?_?

3. MeisterTim

MeisterTim Regular Member

Yeah and adding tape for most of them also. I feel like the CP version of Li Ning are just regular line products that are cherry picked in regard to their weight and balance point, the rest is then sold as the regular version<

4. Reevezai

Reevezai Regular Member

Hi guys....need some help from ur guys...can I know how n9ii compare with astrox 77...sorry for the bad english...thanks a lot guys

5. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I recently whipped out my js10 and duora 10 LCW, using them for about 2 hours each, and they just don't feel as good as the n9ii. It's like my arm and wrist have developed a resistance to other racquets except my n9ii . My 2 n9ii racquets have long been permanently residing in my bag, forcing my other racquets to stay in my room.

Kudos to your coach on his new weapon of choice! He will make another fine recruit for the dark side .

6. pLuTo93

pLuTo93 New Member

Hello everyone!
    I am new to the forum.
    I use LiNing N9-II as my primary racket and have Victor BraveSword 12 as my secondary (mainly because it led me to golfer's elbow problems). My game style is mainly rear court smashing and N9-II has made it seem easy.
    I am now looking for a new racket (not a replacement), which I can use to improve my front court game - net shots and interceptions, and which is also not too shabby for smashing sometimes from the back of the court.
    Would appreciate any suggestions.

7. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

n7II then!

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

JS10 or Gosen Inferno. :)

Both are stiffer than N9II (and BS12 of course), so be careful with that elbow...

9. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

Or even the N7ii Light

10. eiji

eiji Regular Member

N7II light is really nice...considering that i have all 3, N9II N7II and N7II light. The N7II light is lovely for ease of use, but if you are looking at tight net shots and net kills, the N7II performs better.

11. geesil

geesil New Member

Hi, curious it saids the n7 II is flexible, not used to flexible rackets, i have nr 900 800 and zf2, which is all relatively stiff, i have tried the n9II and it plays wonderfully in the rear court which is mainly where i play, i was wondering how the n7 II will fit to my style. this will be my first lining racket if i do end up purchasing it so im very wary of what i should get

12. Mpoed

Mpoed New Member

Hi, i have tried astrox 77 green 4ug5, N9ii just dominate in every aspect.
    Power : N9ii>astrox
    Speed : N9ii >astrox
    Lob : N9ii=astrox
    Drive: n9ii>astrox
    Net: n9ii>astrox

N9ii just too good

Adrian Lim likes this.
  13. Lim Zi Chao

Lim Zi Chao Regular Member

N7ii flexible? where did you get that? N7ii is stiff..

14. Eli Nathan

Eli Nathan New Member

Hi,
    I got my n9 ii today from a guy on trademe. (NZ EBAY) anyways i checked and it is genuine. For only $120.
    It is such a nice looking racket. I usually play every day but since i injured my wrist i havent been going strong
    for a bit.
    I am using this racket coming from a Z force 2, LDF, DZS and duora 10 so this is my first li-ning.
    IT is strung with bg80p 26lb
    I normally use bg80-28lb
    BG66ULTMIMAX-29lb
    OR aerobite 29-lb
    Im playing singles tomorrow so will let you guys know what i think of it coming from main yonex rackets.
    It feels comfortable so far.

15. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Welcome to the darkside. Just a few more of us and we'll finally vanquished the rebelious Mizunoans

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

16. Eli Nathan

Eli Nathan New Member

Okay,
    So after playing with for about an hour (singles)
    I must say it is very good for the first time ive used a li-ning.
    After using the duora 10 right before then breaking the string i went back to the n9-ii.
    The n9-ii took no time getting used to which was a suprise
    Lifts, smashes drops and especially backhands were amazing.
    although it is not my ideal string or tension i found it was a very comfortable racket.
    My only downfall with it would have to be net play. But that is probably because of the string
    tension and string.
    The most amazing part of this racket apart from the looks is the flat drives.
    So fast for a head heavy racket and the medium flex just whips the shuttle across.
    So far i am very happy with it. MAybe not as impressed as a singles racket as i would be with the LDF
    or the ZF2 but yes its great.WIll let you know how
    it holds up down the line.

17. Konquerian

Welcome to the Dark Side !

The Dark Side has never been this good!!!

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Okaharu, bjt1, swsh and 1 other person like this.
  19. Konquerian

Wow, that's very good to hear. I look forward to your review on the racquet.

20. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    A reply without the words dark side in it? Who are you and what have you done with Konquerian!

robfitsy, s_mair and Konquerian like this.