Li ning n7 ii review? has anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DaiLo, Feb 21, 2017.

1. DaiLo

DaiLo New Member

student
    im thinking of getting 1. whats the difference between the first and second gen.

2. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

I had a n9.yesterday I bought a n9ii as d shop gave me a special price. Played with both. I found that the n9ii is a lot stiffer, overall lighter but the racquet weight has been shifted from the T to some whr 3 and 9 o clock. Couldn't really smash properly with the n9ii but I do feel the smashes are more precise and the shuttle speed is very consistent like n90iii break free tech. Hope this could help u

3. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

I don't really know the difference as I only own the recent one. The racket feels stiff, moderate weight, and can deliver good power when you can hit the sweet spot. I have the racket strung 1 lb lower than my other rackets @25 lbs since I felt this racket has more unforgiving sweet spot. Equally important: the white matte color is really nice.

4. Chunithm

Chunithm Regular Member

I'm looking really heavily into this racquet and have demo'd it a few times for around 10 minutes each. Coming from a duora10lcw, the racquet feels cheap and hollow, way lighter on the head. The racquet feels "cheaper", the feedback isnt as solid as d10, probably due to frame material being hollow compared to completely solid in d10 (speculation, i dont actually know the technology). Clears are quite good, drives feel like ****, smashes are unforgiving but extremely rewarding if you get it right on the sweet spot, goes really fast and down.

The feel, feedback and overall aspects are very very lacking compared to most yonex racquets ive tried, it just feels cheap like lower end yonex or protech racquets. There may be bias in my comparison to d10lcw as i've been exlusively using this racquet for months while i've only ever demo'd n7ii every now n then and its a completely different balance, im trying to convince the boss to let me demo it for a full session before purchasing as im heavily interested this racquet.

5. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

I did quick dry swing yesterday for both racquet, feels is identical. Dont know when stringed tho. I bought the n7 since it was way cheaper; as a replacement for my broken beloved bs09n.
    Played for 2 hours and i really love the controls and defense with n7. Smash is good too. cant wait for my new arc11 n bs12L. Will do comparison

6. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

Wanting a racquet that is quick and easy to use for coaching, I purchased the N7ii Light.

I played 2.5 hours of singles in the morning using my N9ii. Played social doubles and singles in the evening and used my N7ii Light. Wow, what a racquet the N7ii Light is, so fast and quick, easy to play deceptions etc but what surprised me was the power in smashes and how effortless forehand clears are. I played one b/h clear that only went 3/4s of the court length, so the jury is still out on that.

I can't wait to play with it again, it might become my go to racquet.

7. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

I agree yonex rackets tend to feel more solid than lining's. But while some feel that its solid, others feel its overly solid till a point it feels bulky. Lining racket may have the same weigh specifications but feel way lighter and easier to handle, hence some misinterpret it as 'hollow' and 'cheap'. Bear in mind lining high ends cost way more than yonex high end ones lol. I moved from ld force to n7, for my playstyle and preference, n7 feels worlds better.

8. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    double in our country!

9. Ryseric

Ryseric Regular Member

How about a comparison between the Z strike and n7ii? :D

10. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Still my favorite so far, I like it so much I just bought the 2nd n7ii (new colorway). My favorite racket compared to the other rackets that I owned. I mostly play double, and I usually prefer to play fast counter, net pushes, interception and net kill at the front; this racket is a really good racket if you prefer to play in front of the net.

11. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    It's the same everywhere. Even in China.
    Their pricing not the most attractive I say. They did sell two n9ii at 1111RMB recently. What a steal

12. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Li Ning is cheaper than other major brands in Indonesia :) I guess I am lucky!

7un4tran and Junye like this.
  13. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Don't mind me, just showing off my two n7ii [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

14. myrtillus

myrtillus Regular Member

does lining n7ii feel like yonex arcsaber 11?

15. Mpoed

Mpoed New Member

No, its not. N7ii is faster yet not as powerful as arc 11.

16. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Define powerful?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

17. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

n7 is easier to handle than n7ii. own both but prefer n7 which is powerful and quicker than n7ii

18. Mpoed

Mpoed New Member

When u smash with arc 11, the smash is more powerful/harder. N7ii for me, dont have the power when u do smashing

19. Loon89

Loon89 New Member

how about victor hx800 compaired to n7ii??

20. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

Hx800: compact head, smaller sweet spot, unpleasant feel\vibration in shaft at tension > 25, not as fast or fluid as the N7-2. Maybe a little more power though.
    I always seemed to be mis-hitting the frame. I sold it when I got the n7-2. No regrets.