NR900.. or something else?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Satoshi, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hey guys, looking to buy a new racket as my DZS has broken on me sadly :(. I've used JS12 and DZS in the span of half a year (both has since then RIP). I'm trying to stay away from rackets that are too expensive now but will not completely rule them out.

Background:
    I'm more of a doubles player, loves to intercept, flat plays, not so much of a power smasher.

I'm definitely not getting DZS again as it didn't suit my playstyle, a little too sluggish and too stiff to my liking (it's pretty decent for singles though). JS12 on the other hand is too pricey here.
    NR900 caught my eyes as it's a lot more affordable (the old paint job), have wielded one that belonged to a friend of mine and it isn't too shabby.

What do you guys think? Thanks for the feedbacks :)!

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

How did your DZS and js12 break :(:(

If you found DZS to be too stiff, unforgiving and slow then I think your nr900 suggestion is pretty good. Also from what you say you prefer in doubles I have to suggest BS12. It's just such a great racquet if you're looking for all of those attributes!

3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

I suggest you try NR900 before buying, it is a like it or hate it racket.

Apacs makes affordable and strong racket, Tantrum 200II is a very good racket for double. You can try Lethal 60II as well but it is more of a smasher racket.

4. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

I have no idea, my rackets before this actually has lasted me quite a long time, ZF2 and some other mid range models. JS12 felt pretty fragile and it broke when I had a little contact with the floor while playing. DZS broke while I was just warming up rallying o_O. I suspect it's also the accumulated damage in both the rackets, I don't see myself as a rough player though. I did thought of BS12, but despite it being such an old model it's still fairly expensive somehow.. but thanks!

Yes, I've actually tried my friends' Apacs racket and it plays surprisingly well, any other models that you would recommend? Do you know where I could look for them in KL? Thanks!

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I know BS12 is old and still expensive but it's because it's an amazing racquet. If you love fast and flat doubles you really should try it.

6. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Okay, I'll see if I can test it somehow before I make the decision to buy it, I'd a brief experience with it but it's been years back so the memory is really feint. Thanks so much, noted!

7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Most of the local racket stores have APACS ready stocks, https://www.facebook.com/SportsNetbizStore/ currently has promotion on APACS, RM249 for Lethal 60II and T200II, both are great double rackets, 2 T-shirts, free grip and string, free shipping in peninsular, what else can you ask for?