36$ Duora10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by heroclass, Jan 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

So just before the holidays I went on aliexpress to buy some parts for my machine, and I stumbled upon a 36 dollar racket claiming to have the same system as duora 10, but it doesn't have any paint on it. Since it was just 36 dollars and the pictures look promising, I bought one just for laughs without any expectations.

After a month or so (free shipping) I finally received it. Initial impression from first glance is really good, However the plastic wrapping around the handle was a pain to take off and it ripped a bit of the grip off. The frame shape fits the yonex mold and the duo frame system is identical to the duora 10. I don't own a duora 10 but I've strung a handful of duoras so from memory its almost 99.99% identical. The stiffness is stiff, which I was expecting a medium flex. I compared it to my N9II and arc 11 and definitely the 36bucks racquet's stiffness is very close to the arc 11. Its abit head heavier than the arc 11 but lighter than the N9II. The grommets is where I'd say is poor. They are pretty thin and I feel like after 2 restrings you'd need to switch ALL the grommets. Maybe I feel like the racket is more vulnerable because there is no paint job on it haha.

I restrung it with BG80 at 25X27lbs with 10% prestretch. The racket held super well. No warping or bending of the racquet while stringing. It took it like a champ, however I'm more worried for the grommets. I haven't had the chance to play with it yet.

PHOTOS:

https://i.imgur.com/S4oWqES.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Brztujl.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/NpTtITD.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/HejeIbJ.jpg

SOURCE: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...32796244312.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6i6Cm6

Has anyone had any experience with this or these type of rackets?

#1 heroclass, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Yr photobox pics r not accessible

3. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Edited

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Waiting for yr mini-review ;);):D:D

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yes. In short the only major issue you’ll face is the vibrations from the frame. Like on each shot the racket will vibrate quite harshly.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    To be accurate, it is not a $36 duora10. It is a cheapo Chinese racket painted with the duora10 color scheme.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Junye likes this.
  7. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

you'll never haha. I'll be playing with it tomorrow

8. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

After several sessions with this thing, I can say it plays just like a high end racquet. Clears are effortless, smashes are strong (not as steep or powerful as the N9II), drops were good. It did lack some feel in the front court net play though compared to my N9ii or even arcsaber 11. Maybe I'm just not used to it but my playability and skill were not compensated for the racquet at all. It plays very, very well. It didn't have the issue of the "vibration" problem some described at the top, as i've tried the other "noname no paint" racquets before and those sucked alot. The only problem I had with it is the cap at the bottom of the handle is abit loose, so you hear some squeeks sometimes gripping the racquet. I also string this racquet with prestretch, which i never do for myself, so it has a stiffer bed strings than my usual liking, especially on bg80s. Overall I am impressed, defense, attack, drives were all on par and balanced. The dual frame system just like the duora 10 does make it "inconsistant" sometimes when hitting since I often spin my racquet around waiting for a serve.

sautom88 likes this.
  9. red_enigma

red_enigma Regular Member

Do you have the link where you bought the racket?

10. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Its all d way up on 1st post.

11. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

To be accurate, no, it isn't painted like a DUO10. Sorry for being pedantic, you probably didn't see the photos :p

These are called "小黑拍" (lit. Little black racquet) by the Chinese badminton community
    The name originated from a popular Chinese-manufactured no-brand black racquet with a compact head and has since been generalised to include all brandless black racquets manufactured in Chinese factories

They don't necessarily have to be imitation racquets per se, plenty are original and aim to fill a gap in the market.
    A stiffer and Head Heavier ZF2 anyone? Yea nah good luck. It's a hit or miss with these, QC is pretty much non-existent

#11 Okaharu, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    offbad likes this.
  12. red_enigma

red_enigma Regular Member

Sorry. My bad. Didn't see it initially. Although the item isn't available anymore

13. Hans van Egteren

Hans van Egteren Regular Member

Yeah too bad. Would really like to try one out...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

14. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

15. Hans van Egteren

16. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

If those pics are right, isn't that VT80 wannabe another duora frame... Aero/sharp on one side, boxy the other.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Hans van Egteren

Hmm looking closer at it, you might be right.
    Will have to see when they arrive.