Li-Ning AYAM009 (low cut)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by NaKruL, Feb 18, 2018.

1. NaKruL

NaKruL New Member

postgraduated student
    Hi! This is my first review, hoping at least some1 will find it helpful! I'm Russian regional level badminton player, so don't expect please any good level of English from me and keep in mind that I'm not a great player either. I might be a decent scientist but that's out of the story.

Introduction
    I was using a few different Yonex shoes for a while and all seemed great to me at first but then I've encountered the problem of sole's rubber. The tread oh the front side of the sole was running out in like 1 year what seemed like a small period of time to me for top models like SHB-01 and similar top models what brought me to the change of the manufacturer to try the other one. It had to be some well-known manufacturer so I've chosen Li-Ning (I've tried tennis shoes from Adidas but the sole seemed not accurate for badminton movement).
    I've always tried to use the best models of the manufacturer so my choice ended up at Li-Ning AYAM009 with low cut since I wasn't using high cut for the badminton shoes ever and I had to order it on the internet due to unavailability of Li-Ning gear in my region so I couldn't even try it on. I might have chosen other model if I was buying new shoes a year ago but I was lucky enough (as it became obvious afterwards) to buy this model.

Comparison
    Li-Ning AYAM009 seem to hold ankle a little bit better compared to Yonex SHB-02. And it feels like they have the much greater force of friction in all directions of suppression while moving and also allows to avoid the slipping. Especially on edge moving comparing to hexahedron types of the sole. I will call it as 15-25% the greater force of friction and it's compensated by the better ankle support.
    This improvement can be explained in graphics with physics application but I have bad paint skills. But if a few people will request this I will add those to the review.

You're welcome!

2. Dammit126

Dammit126 New Member

Thanks for writing a review.
    How's the cushioning for the li Ning. In the past I found li ning's cushioning to be stiffer and harder compared to Yonex.
    Is this still true with this model from li ning?
    I too have the shb02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dammit126

Dammit126 New Member

Also, is the li Ning heavier than the shb02?

4. NaKruL

NaKruL New Member

postgraduated student
    For the first question, I did a few hard jump-smashes with soft legs of course and my heel didn't experience any discomfort as well as other parts of my foot, I tried to hurt my heel on purpose by stomping hard but it ended up having no effect by the next day.
    As for the weight, I didn't measure it and felt no difference in weight after switching the shoes. I can weight the AYAM009 if you want. My old Yonex SHB-02 lost some rubber on the sole so weight is reduced slightly.

5. Dammit126

Dammit126 New Member

Ah ok. No need to measure it. Just wanted to get an opinion on comfort and weight. Thanks mate

6. NaKruL

NaKruL New Member

postgraduated student
    You're welcome!