Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

No I haven't really. I've seen people usually apply a strip at 12 on both sides.
    Is there a particular reason why you suggest 3&9?

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

3. Frosty

Frosty Regular Member

As a 2U Arc11 owner ( though I seldom use it now ), I would say you would definitely get more power from the 2U version of Arc11 ( physics ), with the condition that you have the hand strength to still maintain similar swing speed. IMHO, adding weight ( such as lead tape ) to certain parts of the frame will certainly provide more potential power ( physics again ), but at the same time taking away the characteristics of the Arc11 ( shaft length / stiffness + frame weight distribution ).

4. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Thanks for your valuable insight! I really like how my ARC11 plays now so I'd rather not add lead tape with the risk that it'll take away the very characteristics I love about it. I'd much rather see the surprised/frustrated faces of my opponents when their continuous smashes keep coming back to them. Having an unbreakable defence is just that much more satisfying. :p

It's not like the smashes are that bad in the first place... Guess I've just been lazy and trying to take the easy way out when really, working on my technique would be a much better and definitely more enjoyable route to take!

5. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Want more power from you ARC11?

3 solutions:

1) String it with Aerosonic.
    2) Go down a lbs or two.
    3) Play ARC7 instead.

Cheers,
    FB

hypottr likes this.
  6. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Racquet and grommet care for ARC11 seem to be of interest again lately so I thought I'd ask here so other ARC11 users can refer to it in the future.

Just received a grommet care package (Merry Christmas!). The one I'm most hyped about is the 6/8 continuous grommet strip for the top of the racquet (fingers crossed they fit).

A quick eyeball feels like the T-head is too fat to sit within the ridge of the top half of the racquet frame.
    Anyone have experience with using U-shape grommets at the 2/10 o'clock share holes? Right and left side would end up being asymmetrical through...

Attached Files:

swsh likes this.
  7. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    A friend did the continuous grommet on his arc11. After that the racket feels different. Maybe because the extra headweight... It is not as quick as before.

8. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

I wouldn't mind the extra headweight, it should be within 2g so kinda like lead tape.

I'm still on the hunt for AC416L-1 though...
    I'll see this as a good sign that they actually work well to protect racquets which explains why they're out of stock everywhere I go :(

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/proshop-yamano/item/ac416l-1-2-3-4/

And the hunt ends.

Okaharu likes this.
  10. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

swsh likes this.
  11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    If you just have one and do like it after trying it, I'd get a packet or two more for the future given how inexpensive it is if bought inside the country.

Okaharu likes this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    My scale says 0.7g of 2 continous strips vs. 0.3g of the same amount of grommets used. 0.4g is difference is not much and I would rate it like a production tolerance from Yonex instead of a brick of lead tape. :)

swsh and Okaharu like this.
  13. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

I phrased that weirdly, what I meant was it'll be within the weight range of lead tape which shouldn't be an issue.
    I'm no professional and in all honesty, would be surprised if I can notice a 0.4g difference haha

It might add up to over 1g though after I add the head continuous grommet strip and some AC416W-1

14. Raajneesht

Raajneesht Regular Member

Doctor
    Hey guys how would you compare
    Arc 7
    Arc 10
    Arc 11
    Li ning n9ii
    In terms of head heaviness, stiffness, playability, defense, attack

15. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    arc10 plays stiffest
    arc10>arc11>n9ii>arc7

HH
    9ii>arc11>arc10>arc7

playability
    arc7>arc11>n9ii>arc10

defence
    n9ii>arc10>arc11>arc7

attack
    n9ii>arc11>arc10>arc7

Raajneesht likes this.
  16. Raajneesht

Raajneesht Regular Member

Doctor
    Thanks a lot

17. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

4 months later... going onto 5th string job.

Stringing history:
    Toalson Nano Premium 66 @ 25/27
    Aerobite @ 26/28
    BG80P/BG66F hybrid @ 26/27
    No. 1 @ 26/28

Did a full grommet inspection today and was sad (though unsurprised) to find out that many more holes were seeing signs of wear.
    Unsure if this would already be considered 'sinking'. I've messed with a few filters to make it easier to see.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender 5.jpg

The damage is pretty much consistent across the whole bottom half of the frame.
    There's also clear indents from the 2 u-shaped grommets at the throat.
    Don't think I can do anything about them since the grommets themselves are fine.

On a happier note, the top half (starting from where the frame indents) are unaffected and are looking pristine.
    My e-tune experience is now complete.
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg FullSizeRender 3.jpg

yan2xp and swsh like this.
  18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    @Okaharu You are pretty lucky. I have seen Arc11s which got sinking (yours is just a slightly wear of the paint, not the graphite IMO) at tensions which never exceed 24 with thick strings.

Okaharu and swsh like this.
  19. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

and this is when I yell "Glorious JP Master Race!" hahah just kidding :p even JP master race can't fix the horrendous paint on ARC11 :(
    I see magical paint chips appear out of thin air every time I take a closer look :rolleyes:

I've made a mistake, the last string was No. 1 @ 25/27 TTY style that promptly dropped to like 23lbs.
    I'll probably go for 26/28 this time with Aerobite. So I can have (somewhat of) a comparison post 'e-tune'.

*update*

Head weight actually had a noticeable increase. Perfect for me as I had always been looking for that extra weight in the head
    Had to do little timing changes and just general adjustments but after this initial adaptation, the racquet plays fine (with that added power!)
    No worries about it being slower, in fact, defence actually improved as noted by the surprised looks of my opponents (lifts were effortlessly high)

Next progression will be to remove the original grip and go with cushion wrap + overgrip setup
    Hopefully this will improve the nuances for finger control (snaps/flicks) and feel slightly more head-heavy whilst keeping it nimble

#579 Okaharu, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    swsh likes this.
  20. freeter

freeter Regular Member

I just bought this racket.
    I tested my friend, He had the original grip removed. Mine is still with original grip, The racket feels is different. Mine feels heavier on the bottom side, so It's a bit slower compared to friend's.
    I never remove my original grip on the other racket (ax88s, bs12), because my hand is big. How heavy is the original grip?