Most powerful fast racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Rob3rt, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

What’s the most powerful fast racket out there?

I know this is kind of a difficult question, because everybody has a different type of swing speed and preference. But let’s say for a medium swing speed type of player, not an explosive hard-hitter. So actually the majority of recreational players.

It’s got to have enough weight in the head while still being somewhat aerodynamic, probably with a narrow frame.
    From my experience some Li-Ning rackets are like this, but I wouldn’t call them particularly fast in a doubles game. Decent, yes. But nothing more.

Nanoray Z-Speed is the only racket I know that’s extremely fast but still able to hit rockets. But it’s a b*tch to use. So was the Z-Slash with its timing and vibration issues.

The Z-Strike is very stiff and not very forgiving, either, from what I can tell from testing it a few minutes.

The Jetspeeds and Brave Swords are very very fast but you have to accelerate like crazy to get decent power from them, in my opinion. Same with some of the Gosen rackets. Inferno and Customedge for example. Maybe if these rackets were a little more flexible they would offer more power for non-hard hitters.

Then there are the head-heavy 4U rackets. But they are still slower than medium balanced 3Us and don’t offer that much power more.

Any suggestions?

(Yes, I’m pretty much looking for the perfect racket. Preferably a medium stiff, 3U. Slightly head-heavy with a very aerodynamic frame.)

2. bjt1

bjt1 Regular Member

js10, js12, n9ii, n7ii

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think he has owned every single one of them already and ditched them. So yeah, this could be like looking for a unicorn...

If the OP was a new or unknown member, I would have named exactly the same rackets though. IMO he's in fact describing the N9II.

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Definitely feels like it... :(

5. cloudsat

cloudsat Regular Member

hypernano 900? I use a (light) 3u for doubles, and its much much faster than the meteor 60, and probably equal to the BS 12 that I used to use, while offering more power than both. It downside is the relatively small sweetspot.

Rob3rt likes this.
  6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

And it‘s very stiff isn‘t it? Have to admit, I haven‘t tried that one yet.

7. cloudsat

cloudsat Regular Member

It is pretty stiff, more torsionally than in the shaft. I'd say its less stiff than a ZF2, just a bit more than an arcsaber 11. The problem for me is that mishit smashes literally turn the racket in my hand.

8. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I can‘t believe it‘s as fast as the BS12. Only racket I‘ve come across that was actually as fast as the BS12 or similar was the Inferno and maybe the Customedge. Also I probably wouldn‘t like it, because of the stiffness.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

With a medium swing speed, frame aerodynamics wouldn't be as important. I'd say a 4U mid flex mod head heavy racket.

Like this VT8 E-Tune I picked up 2 months ago. The shaft produces really accessible power without much swing speed needed. And when swung with more explosiveness, there's none of the dreaded head lag noticeable.

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Why not?

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Air friction (ie drag) is a function of the square of velocity, not directly proportional.

I find that aerodynamic frames are overrated and their hitting feeling and oomph is compromised as compared to more solid frames like Voltric. @Ch1k0 can attest to this...

Also the strings play quite a bjg role imho in drag. Swing an unstrung one and compared to a strung one and listen to the sound.

#11 visor, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    speCulatius and Rob3rt like this.
  12. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Astrox77 - medium stiff - slightly head heavy - box / aero frame - really solid and good feeling
    -> fast enough in 3u or better 4u in doubles?

Secret tip:
    Nanoray750 - medium stiff - slightly head heavy in 4u (same balance point as Astrox77 4u, Yonexchart :confused:), balanced in 3u
    -> plays and looks like Astrox77, but with a more aerodynamic frame

Rob3rt likes this.
  13. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That might be but why is Ch1k0 using a BS12 then? :p

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Astrox 77 might be worth a try, but Nanoray 750 is the most head-light racket from Yonex ever. This thing has no power whatsoever, Hu Yun is crazy for using it in singles.

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The fundamental problem I see here at least is that everyone is different. It will boil back down to individual preference and what works best for them. I'd even go as far as saying that this is one of those mysteries of life that I don't think we can ever answer properly. There are too many fluid factors to consider in trying to find a quantitative answer.

I agree with visor. There are things in the sword frame that completely lose out box frame and vice versa. That in turn leads to the middle ground frames like the arcsaber and all the hybrid frames. Combine the best of both worlds but also gain the worst in moderation altogether.

To be a simpleton to answer your question in a hypothetical way. The fastest hard smashing racket would, to me, ideally be a Voltric level in head weight combined with a brave sword frame and minimally a stiff shaft.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Rob3rt likes this.
  16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    To answer this question. It's actually simply because I can and I'm extremely familiar with said platform. It fits me well enough and I accept its shortcomings. I can definitely say that the racket actually does not have 100% synergy with my physiological build. Truthfully I have never found a racket that is my holy grail. I think that fundamentally is also why I keep buying and switching rackets around. I actually rather hope that the 88S could get me to stop. This sport is expensive and my injuries have built to a degree I have to cut down drastically on play to try get some recovery.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Rob3rt likes this.
  17. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

That sounds so familiar to me, it hurts. Everything you said.

18. BadBadmintonPlayer

Thats wrong! Yonex write "super head light" on Nanoray 750 and "head heavy" on Astrox77, but...

My Astrox77 4U = 308mm
    My Nanoray 750 4U (2017) = 306mm (304mm on directbadminton)
    http://www.directbadminton.co.uk/pr...ton&Dept=badminton-rackets&FromSearchPage=Yes

Thats both medium / slighly head heavy! You can also put the rackets directly on top of each other and they are almost identical. Its crazy, but true. The only difference is box/aero-frame and aero-frame.

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

[​IMG]

They are actually as far apart as possible on the official Yonex matrix.

Your NR750 has a bp of 306 mm? That‘s more head-heavy than a N90. Are you serious? I can‘t believe that. I thought they only changed the color on the new NR750.

Mr Arc2 likes this.
  20. BadBadmintonPlayer

#20 BadBadmintonPlayer, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018