Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

wow second all england title, impressive!! now they just need to prove it in wc and asian games.

the match against boe/mog it self wasn't their best performance though imo, they looking kinda nervous...it's good until the interval of the first game, but since then they making some unforced errors especially kevin, should win it more comfortably in the first game. on the other hand I think the danes also wasn't at their best, making some unforced errors too. overall an okay game.

2. Master

Master Regular Member

When Ricky/Rexy got their AE title back-to-back in 1995-1996, Ricky had been a World Champion (1993) and Ricky/Rexy got a World Champion title in 1995, Olympic gold medal in 1996, Asian Games gold medal in 1994 and 1998.

Don't forget every single major title related with. It's far from high standar to be the best ever MD in Indonesia for both Kevin/Marcus. They need to capitalize some major titles if they want to be the best Indonesian MD of all time.

This year there are Asian Games and World Championships. Next year will be Olympics. That's the most important thing to achieve for both Kevin/Marcus. The opening race begin at Asia Championships next month.

Achieving more titles without major title is similar with becoming world No.1 without being a champion at any tournament.

BUT anyway I would like to congratulate for their success in All England, as they said "They will try their best to defend their title at Birmingham, but it won't be easy." They proved it.

It was surprising that their semifinal match yesterday was attended by one of Indonesian Minister of National Development Planning, Mr. Bambang Brodjonegoro after he had some meeting agenda in London.

[​IMG]

Keep improving and do your best! :cool:

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

ALLEngland is a major as well.Certainly, more major for me than the WorldChampionship ( How long has it been staged?lol) And its actually harder to win AE for indonesia MD looking at history than the WC.

Of course, all titles combined, RickyRexy is still the best ever pair to have been assembled (Number of titles speak for itself, no pair have overtaken them in that manner)

So who cares man, 10 more titles and minions will be the best ever pair. Dont worry about the olympics and what not, its still so far away.

and You might also realise after RR won olympics, they are not that motivated anymore. Md dont last that long, enjoy the moment. It is a very stressful discipline.

4. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Was it only me or were Kevin / Gideon really strong during 2018 all england? Anyway, Yonex will see a decent sales figure with their new Astrox 88 :D

tukangidol likes this.
  5. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

I don't think this is their best performance but technical wise they've shown a lot of improvement, not only relly on their speed and stamina. That's why eventhough BoeMo tactically slowing down the pace of the game they can overcome that. And their will power is just something else, I wish other INA players learn from them.

stanleyfm and melon94 like this.
  6. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

I was not only talking about the final game, but also the SF and the QF (I didn't watch the qualifying round). I like how Gideon performed this time around; he started showing flashes of brilliance in front of the net, while Kevin, in addition to with his usual brilliant net play and lightning quick reaction, made fewer mistakes in front and delivered quite consistent steep smashes from the back.

The improvement makes them very versatile and can still have formidable offense even after the opponents managed to push Kevin to the back.

Cheung and stanleyfm like this.
  7. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

They are just like a software, everytime a bug got exposed, they come up with an updated version in the next tourney. Then the other MD pairs has to find another bug to exploit. Kudos to them and Herry IP!

Mentari, Woman.in.Red and stanleyfm like this.
  8. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

-- double post --

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of Course, what makes RickyRexy so special is they can hold the Olympic, WC, AE and Asian Games simulatenously right? ( Just like Susy bar AG)

Of course cant blame KevGid on the timing of their AE victory. They just have to do well every match. In a sport where you are just one one lost away from being criticized

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  10. r3v0lv3r

r3v0lv3r Regular Member

Kudos to Kevin/Gideon.. agree with another poster above that they've improved.
    One thing that caught my attention, is how they were able to mix up their tactics mid game, adjusting to their opponents plan.
    This adaptability will serve them well, as this meant that they will rely less heavily on their speed and power approach.

They are in a great run of form at the moment, and looked unbeatable. Hopefully they can keep this consistency up.
    A small worry for me is whether they are peaking up too soon, causing them to burn themselves out at the later part of the year.
    Trust coach Herry IP will be able to manage his chargers carefully.

stanleyfm and melon94 like this.
  11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Actually the burning has something to do with the loopside calender from BWF. Way too many tours geared up towards the later of the year. But AE is most important of them all, good to get one in the bag first.

12. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Kudos to golden hand Herry IP... real master of INA MD Badminton.

13. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Anyone has any idea why they played quite defensively against the Danish pair in the final? I saw they obviously played a lot of lifts/clears on purpose.

14. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

BoeMo intentionaly slowing down the pace of the game so coach Herry told them to play along and not rushed to finish the rally because it could cost them making an error.

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think it is to do reverse psychology to let opponents smash and to tire them out.

16. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Well usually it is not a good idea to lift shuttles vs tall players. Boe is not a big smasher but morgensen isn't bad

17. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

true. coach herry told them to be more patient in their defense, just lifting it to the back again, no need to block/drive it immediately. but honestly their defense wasn't really that solid yesterday, making some simple errors.

18. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Indeed, they are in the verge of becoming an equal of Ricky/Rexy

They now only need to maintain their form in the majors, World Championship, Olympics, Asian Games, and the team tournaments
    All England is a good warming up tournament for these majors

Hope they don't get any injury or burning out problem in the future

Cheung likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AE will give them confidence

But i cant help thinking at 17-17G1 and 15-15G2, BoeMo had a chance, a sniffy chance. But i think, they thought too much of trying to win the game (match) after they get equal that cause them to lose focus (including mogensen net serve). That is almost always what happened against Minions.

And you dont want to lose long rally like the point 19 in G1. Because its already easy enough to lose short rally against minions. If you lose long ones as well, thats it man.

20. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

watching the match again, idk if it just me, but why did I feel that kevin seems to hurt the danes defense more from the baseline than gideon ? he seems to playing with a lot more variation and angle than gideon.