Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I play with both n9ii and n7ii, and I find that the n7ii is definitely the faster of the two; it also feels lighter. I've played the front and back court with both racquets, but I prefer the n9ii over the other. Although the n7ii is faster, I don't feel that the n9ii is inferior in the defense department. The n7ii does net shots a little sharper and smashes are a tad more accurate. However, the n9ii is amazing when using at the net also. Although not as sharp as n7ii, it still is a force to be reckon with at the net. Not to mention, n9ii has a louder and stronger punch when it comes to smashing. The n7ii shaft feels stiffer, but I'm used to stiff shaft racquets, so it feels quite at home.

I played mostly men's doubles games, and fast exchanges, power smashes, and net plays are mostly what they are about. I do a lot of interceptions when I'm at the front, and for me a lot of times the n7ii doesn't have the punch to bring it down strong enough. N9ii on the other hand just has that much more power for me to be able to bring it down with no mercy when intercepting at the front. Our men's doubles rotation is very fluid, and I needed a racquet that can let me perform back court smash winners with ease, but at the same time versatile enough for me to perform merciless front interception killers. The n9ii fits the profile of my play style.

It really all comes down to personal preference. Whichever one you choose, n9ii or n7ii, it will definitely be a good weapon of choice. If your play style is mostly staying at the front and need a fast racquet to defend, the n7ii is a nice touch, though I've never been unable to defend hard, fast smashes 90 percent of the time with the n9ii . If you need a fast racquet that can output the power you need when call for (not that the n7ii has no power, but just not as powerful compare to n9ii), n9ii is definitely the all-in-one package.

I would recommend trying out both racquets before making a choice if you have the opportunity. I'm simply stating my personal opinion and experience, and everyone is different. I hope you find the right racquet for you.

#801 Konquerian, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    rafiq_apit and cloudsat like this.
  2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Funny how things work out indeed. I've come back and will have a Tontovi Black Orange N9ii soon LOL.

3. Konquerian

Congrat on the limited n9ii! The black orange limited n9ii is my current main racquet, and the color scheme is stunning.

4. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

I love my n7ii, so much that I bought all 3 versions. I mostly play in front (double) with a lot of net pushes, interceptions and netkills. Trust me, n7ii is more than capable to "bring it down". The slight head-heaviness and slightly stiffer shaft than your average lining rackets complement front players very well. It is also no slouch at the back.

I retired my js10 (4u - too light and the stiffness is a bit too punishing for me), js 12 (3U - used to be my go to racket but n7ii just a better overall racket), and LDF (way to heavy and flexible to play in front).

When I play XD, I usually have to play at the back much more than when I play MD. Even then n7ii can still deliver just fine; I never feel the racket to be lacking in power.

I know it might not be popular move to push n7ii in n9ii thread, especially because I have not been playing with n9ii a lot (only some warm-up session using my friend's). But even if I happened to like n9ii better, I'd still choose n7ii, just because it is less mainstream than n9ii :)

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I thought that was it but it seems the red and black paintjob of N90iv is really quite captivating and stopped me from checking out with N9ii. Dark side it will be again but which colored saber I'll end up with still remains undecided.

6. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Fresh strings with the n9ii and yes it has that good good feeling that's missing in the Inferno
    Crisp smashes, good feedback, you get the deal

I feel like it has the exact thing you're yearning for

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    How much slower do you feel it was to you compared to the EX?

I've compared it somewhat myself but would be great to hear a second opinion on the subject.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Mate, why are you thinking so much? Just order that bloody N9II and see for yourself. In case you don't like it (which we all know will happen after 2 weeks tops), you sell it on. It's a highly wanted racket, so you won't have any trouble getting rid of it.

Having owned the black 4U Inferno, I would say that N9II is only marginally slower in comparison. So if you add another bit of headweight by making it an EX, they can't be that much different.

Konquerian and robfitsy like this.
  9. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

He HAS ordered n9ii haha. I think swsh is just very excited about his new racket :D

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Last thing I've read is that he hasn't:

11. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Omg haha the indecisiveness. Thats for an item at sub 200 usd. Imagine swsh buying a house.

robfitsy likes this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

He will be every realtor's worst nightmare coming true. :D

13. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Oh I've never played with the EX before, just a few swings at the store. So can't comment on that

hmm... how should I describe how much slower it is than the black Inferno...
    I worked on defending against mid-court (jump) smashes today.
    Successfully defended noticeably less on the n9ii.

Obviously this is much less significant in actual doubles where the opponent mostly smashes from the backcourt.

Just get the dang racquet already! I've lent it to 3 players tonight and all 3 asked me what is it and where to buy one :p

Just order it from e78, they're selling it for unbelievably cheap

swsh likes this.
  14. Stever7425

Stever7425 Regular Member

I've been using my n9ii for a few weeks now and I'm finding it very flexible, has anyone else got the same feeling..good for smash and backhand but hard to get pinpoint accuracy of arc11/vzf2 and z-strike

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I always suck at this tbh. It is highly wanted indeed and the guy (who bought my inferno) after hearing about N9ii and N90iv really wants me to get the N9ii and is already ready to take it if I don’t like it.

Thankfully I won't ever be in that situation. You should've seen me when I was buying my first car tho last year. The amount of testdrives I did was actually disgusting.

Forget 200, I do the same thing with EVERYTHING.

Nah it’s available for cheaper than that locally. Surprising since the price difference for Yonex is insane. Li Ning is very reasonable here except for that über expensive N90iv.

A packet / roll of NS30 for example is 3.5 usd.

#815 swsh, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  16. hwcrow

hwcrow New Member

I have read this thread for a time now and tested the n7|| from a mate yesterday in training. Now i decided to purchase a n9|| :D can‘t wait to get it and try it out!

17. Konquerian

Congrats on your n9ii purchase!!!

18. Konquerian

Coming from Victor jjs and js10, I definitely noticed the flex on the n9ii. I ran into some timing issue in my first few sessions with the racquet. But after spending some time with it, I've been more than adjusted to the n9ii, like it was part of my arm . Spending more with the racquet will sure improve your accuracy with it. I find the n9ii accuracy to be very good, after taming it to my full control of course . With my 1000+ hours on my n9ii, my accuracy with it is very precise, albeit might not be pinpoint, but very close to it.

19. Konquerian

I recently strung my n9ii with combo strings, and that feeling was incredible as well, especially the smashing sound .

Okaharu likes this.
  20. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

yup 100% on ya with that... it hurts my wrist if I do any quick/reflexive backhand shot.

Shots can get very flat if you don't angle them properly eg. quick drive exchanges in mid-court area can go way out which I've never experienced with the ARC11.
    Also have to put more effort on placement compared to the ARC11.

This is why sometimes I feel like the n9ii may pack 'too much' of a punch for my play style.

Oh yea! Smashing sound on the n9ii scares myself sometimes especially when I perfectly hit that sweetspot hahah