Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

But why? I think it's going to be a very interesting bowing match.. Isn't it what everybody want? A match full of respect, it's like a respect buffet for everyone who concerns :D
    I believe this is not part of that silly April fool jokes. This is legit.

#1201 Abe.Wi, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    yuquall likes this.
  2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Because I am definitely not paying for a contest of gentlemen's bowing and gentlemen's respectful acts. I am paying to see them crashing each other with their rackets and attitudes!!

If it is free then why not? It could be fun and exciting to see Lin Dan and Kevin sitting together having tea and scones with the smiles on the face while kicking each other under the table.

Abe.Wi and swsh like this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

KSS certainly sounds like King of SuperSeries :)

4. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Kevin vs Bodin :D

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

??? "This Video is not available." Couldn't watch the video.. Might be deleted.

Another 'chair throwing' incident? LOL I hope Kevin can run faster than Bodin's former partner.
    What happened and when was this?

6. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Really? I still can watch it now. SEA games 2015. Try this one then. Not as wild as we imagine, maybe I am a little bit bias but Bodin and his partner seem like always angry when playing :D

7. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Original source. Full HD, full clear.

yuquall and Abe.Wi like this.
  8. Master

Master Regular Member

Don't forget also about Kevin Sanjaya/Greysia Polii stopped the first seed Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei back in 2014 at Indonesia Open.

And YES. It was in 2014.

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  9. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

shame that they lost against lyd/ssc in the next round. lyd really was his nemesis :D

#1209 melon94, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  10. Master

Master Regular Member

Yeah, they were only scratch pair at that time.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow Kevin and Marcus were so young.. haha how I miss this 'raw' form of theirs.
    Well can't really blame you to be biased, the Thais looked fierce enough. Bodin especially looked as if he was gonna eat the Indonesians after rallies. But the audiences actually roared too??? LOL

Poor Zhang Nan, I bet he had never played against anyone like Kevin up till that exact match. I can't blame him for being frustrated, to actually keep the cool till the last point and shook hands with the opponents first before smashing the racket is kind of admirable in a way. I think it was the "I don't give a sh#t" attitude of on-court but deceitful Kevin that probably what most annoying (plus the officials) I feel yah bro.

Has anyone watched Kevin/Greysia match in AE 2015 against the Addocks? He looked as if he wanted to be somewhere else but there and didn't care about the game at all. That cheeky attitude really amused me XD. Though he played much differently in MD with Markus the next day.

LYD had the benefit of hearing about ZN/ZYL surprising upset. If Kevin had met Lee first, would you think he could have created the same upset?

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No :D

Abe.Wi and melon94 like this.
  13. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

I don't think so :D

He just can't win against lyd :D

14. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Hahahaha c'mon man, there's a reason why it's called 'upset'

Technically this is true, he never did and seems like he'll never will (at least in international game). Maybe someday in charity match haha

15. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well it doesnt mean they will win. If they dont , dont mean anything.

Even LeeYongDae lost to Ahsan/Hendra in the Final in Incheon. Thats what pressure can do to you.

In Fact, it was 17-17 in the 3rd, and the next 4 points, i thought it was Lee's error. He gifted all the points. and it cant be Indonesia that win MD all the time.

Of course, Indonesia already had good outing in 2014 AsianGames.

visor likes this.
  17. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

stanleyfm likes this.
  18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes, thank you Mr. President. That is exactly what they really need now, more pressure and coming from the leader of the country representing the country itself. What a good morale boost.

I'm not really sure sometimes this unnecessary additional pressure from the media or the country is actually motivating. Sometimes it sounds like "hey, you had better get the Gold medal or else...". What if they failed to get a 'Gold' medal? They would be considered to have failed the country? Well, honestly I guess many citizens would see it that way.

I can only hope for the best and trust that both Kevin and Marcus will fight with all their might. No injuries. Knowing the minions I am sure they don't need reminders to go all out. Though my personal gain from them winning the gold is that I can see their matches in the maximum number possible. XD

stanleyfm likes this.
  19. Abe.Wi

Abe.Wi Regular Member

Love it or hate it I don't think such a thing is avoidable when they're under the spotlight and become media darling. This is one of the phase they have to overcome to go to the next level and become more mature as an athlete. They've failed once in Indonesia Open 2017, apart from Kevin injury, the pressure from their supporter was also huge. But then they prove it in Indonesian Master 2018, they can bear the pressure. Now there's another challenge coming up. But if we look at their progress and determination so far I think this challenge will make them even more fired up, or at least I hope so. Let's just hope for the best.

melon94, stanleyfm and yuquall like this.
  20. visor

visor Regular Member

It's very interesting watching their faces and emotions during matches... they fluctuate from don't care to be here to all fired up within a minute.

Abe.Wi likes this.