Yonex POWER CUSHION COMFORT Z (Out end Dec 2017)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by esppy, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

anyone compare this with aerus 2?

2. SimplyDex

SimplyDex Regular Member

Hey guys, quick question for the people who wear these shoes. Are you guys wearing them with the same US size as your regular shoes, or plus or minus 0.5/1 size? I'm looking to buy new shoes and this one looks good(Am planning to get it online because I can't get it locally). I'm currently wearing a Victor SHA920 LTD at 10.5US size(and it's a little tight for me, but maybe it's just how the shoes feel idk really), but I usually wear 10.5-11 size for my regular shoes. So i was wondering if I should either go 10.5, 11 or 11.5 size.

3. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Measure your foot length in cm and get the shoe size that is 0.5 cm more than your foot length.

For example, if your foot length is 28 cm, get the 28.5 cm shoe, which is UK 10 or US 10.5.

4. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I wear a USA sz.9.5 in most of my badminton shoes (FZ Forza Pro Trainer, Adidas Quickforce 7.0, Yonex SHB-86LTD) and for my regular runners either a USA 9.5 or 10. My Comfort Z shoes are a USA 9.5 (27.5cm) and they fit perfect.

Also, I have an average width foot as that comes into play as well

5. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

First post so hope it’s a good one!

Thought I’d give the Comfort Z a try as I’ve been plagued by sore ankles since taking up badminton last year after a hiatus of 20+ years.

I always thought the 03Z were light but pleasantly surprised as the Comfort Z looks like it should be the heavier shoe.

Both the 03Z and Comfort Z are size 8.5 which is half a shoe size bigger than what I usually wear but the Comfort Z feels a little more snug but in a good way. Had a knockabout with my 10 year son today and initial impression is that these definitely feel better for my feet and ankles. Real test will be next Tuesday playing a local singles competition.

59EB0C4C-8EE5-489C-A06F-6BDA2C0735A4.jpeg

B2C63BDA-03AF-4144-9D5C-5F52BA8778EA.jpeg

6. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I'm surprised yours came up so heavy, mine felt way lighter than my Comfort Tours before them.

I found that both shoes had the opposite to a breaking in period; usually you get a shoe, and it feels too stiff or weird for the first few sessions, but after that it loosens up a little and feels better. With both the 03Z and Comfort Z, I found they actually fit more snugly after a few sessions.

With the 03Z, on the first session it actually made my left foot bleed a tiny bit from rubbing. Wasn't where you'd expect that, it was on the upper side of my foot, just a little below the inside ankle bone. I wore blister plasters with it for 2 weeks or so, but after that, I've had no issues with the same rubbing issue.

I'm really glad they dropped the tight fitting toe area, stuff like Quattro Fit made it hard to find good sizes.

7. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

I get blisters on the toes with the 03Z if I play hard against an opponent on a similar level or better than me so I’m hoping the Comfort Z will be an improvement. The Comfort Z also has a more material around the ankle area so hopefully my weak ankles will get better support.

Really looking forward to playing on Tuesday as it’ll be good to play long periods without painful feet and ankles. Hopefully the Comfort Z will make a difference otherwise I’ll have to convince my wife that I need another pair of badminton shoes

8. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Nooo! It sounds like you need better insoles, rather than new shoes.

I tried my 03Z and Comfort Z with the same insoles, custom made; I don't think there's a huge amount of different. The Comfort Z were more difficulty to fasten well to start with, and I blame that on the eyelets. They're behaving better now.

If you're getting blisters from the 03Z, you probably just need a different insole for them. You'd be surprised how big the difference is, and if you have bad ankles your body will thank you for them. I'm hypermobile, so I know how bad it sucks to have your ankles betray you. The insoles made a huge difference to my foot stability.

9. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

I’m keen to know which insoles you went for. It’ll be a godsend to play and not having to change the way I move to compensate for the pain.

Although both shoes are 8.5, the 03Z feel slightly too long allowing too much movement. Can’t go down to my usual size 8 with the Yonex shoes as I have wide feet. I got the comfort Z originally in size 8 thinking that the length would be better but again they weren’t wide enough so opted for the 8.5 again which feel a lot more snug than the 03Z. Tuesday’s singles competition will be the real test.

10. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I'm surprised you had difficulty with width.

I have the 03Z (LCW) and the Comfort Z Wide Mid, and both fit me pretty well. Both are a 26.5cm shoe.

I got my insoles made by ProFeet (http://www.profeet.co.uk/); expensive, but they've been well worth it. They've outlived any other insoles I've had by a mile too.

11. Jay Ng

Jay Ng Regular Member

Thanks for the info mate!! Your insole guys are a bit far from me as I’m based on the Isle of Skye. I have found somewhere local (2.5hrs away!!!) that does custom insoles so I’ll definitely book an appointment with them.

The front of my feet are quite wide for my feet size meaning that I usually either go up a size or my toes get slightly squashed if I go for the shoe with the right length.

You and I both have the same taste in shoes! I was going to get the 03Z LCW but couldn’t find a UK vendor.

12. tacrita0

tacrita0 New Member

engineer
    In which country is the black color available?

13. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Japan.

14. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

How do the SHBCFZWMD feel compared to the SHBSC6iW/SHBSC6LD? I'm looking to replace my SHBSC6iW/SHBSC6LD

15. gkteong

gkteong Regular Member

how do the CFZ compare to Victor P9200? anyone?

16. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Today my friends wore their cft z. One of them was a p9200 user. Both of them were victor shoes users. One 9200. One 8500.

Front part near toes not very flexible or bendable. Maybe need to season the shoes?
    Side walls hard. As mentioned earlier by others, yonex probably wants to reduce the weight of the shoes.

Rubber outsoles no grip...quite slippery. Halfway one changed back to his P9200.

My SC6 had no problem on the same flooring.. Lots of friction....

We were wondering... Are these cft z shoes made for rubber flooring...

Anyway... Some alternative poison from other brands for you. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#76 Junye, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Okaharu likes this.
  17. TrabKhanhHiep

TrabKhanhHiep New Member

Student
    I'm late, give me a few reviews on it, i am going to buy it.

18. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Go ahead and buy. After a couple of weeks of play, the shoe wraps around your foot perfectly. Much better than the previous models that it replaces.

19. TrabKhanhHiep

TrabKhanhHiep New Member

Student
    I feel the shoe sole of the cfz is stiffer than the 65z. Is it really dulcet?

20. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Woot. Finally got mine after a long wait. This shoes are really nice. First impression is they're really comfortable and good looking.
    About $124.00 only:)
    CMFRTZ.jpg

boby, offbad and Ch1k0 like this.