Yonex Duora 10 / Duora Z-Strike / Duora Z Force II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadmintonPro, Nov 12, 2017.

?

Duora 10 , Duora Z Strike or Voltric ZF II?

1. Duora 10

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. Voltric Force II

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  3. Duora Z Strike

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. BadmintonPro

BadmintonPro Regular Member

I'm doubles badminton player. But, I used to be extremely good in singles until my leg injury, and since then I've started playing doubles as I can't run the whole court without support. I've been using Arcsaber 10 Peter Gade Edition for a long time, and now I've decided to make a racket change. I've cornered them all down to D. 10, D. Z.S, V. ZF II. I still play singles, but not at important tournaments. Please help me out.

----- This was my friends question, he asked this question by my account. He won't take my advice of using the Duora Z Strike, so he told me he want's to ask all of you guys and then decide.

Thanks!!

2. Vellawolf

Vellawolf Regular Member

I've tried all 3 and play doubles as well. IMO all 3 are quite different compared to each other. Out of those 3, I liked Duora ZS the best and purchased it. Its slightly head heavy and to me, it feels the weight is perfectly balanced throughout the racket. I really like feel of the racket in my hand as well, offers good control and power.

I would suggest that your friend try all 3 of those before deciding on one. Although DuoZS seems perfect for singles and doubles as well.

3. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    have tried all three, currently using zf2 and duo10lcw.
    both are very different rackets from each other and i feel more comfortable with zf2 and getting power and defence easily on point. my smashes are good enough with no lack in power and follow through motion. duo10 is a very different racket with less solid feel and thats that to it. no lack of power with any racket. And speed is player dependent, cant really say what racket is fast and by how much. didnt saw any lack of speed and swing speed. all rackets were of varying level of stiffness but were stiff, i get plenty from my relatively longer swing motion!
    hope that helps. ALL three of the rackets are good, and very good. all three rackets are very different from each other. apples and oranges.
    go for racket which appeals you most, appeals your game most and appeals to your skills most. at the end of the Racket chooses you!!!

4. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I don't really know what to make of "extremely good in singles", but here we go..

I play doubles and singles, I got me some DZS's because FOR ME it was fast enough for doubles and rock solid in singles. If I were only playing doubles I would maybe get a different racket that is a little bit faster, still. The ZFII is way too slow for me for doubles (4u is alright, but not great for singles). I would swing towards the D10 if you find it powerfull enough (also closest to your ARC10) or DZS for more stability and power (but slightly slower I guess).

At the end of the day: try before you buy

(PS: I had to get used to the DZS for a week or two before we really clicked)

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    This. In that hypothetical scenario it makes more sense to look at N9ii, Jetspeed 10 3u, Arcsaber 11 and maybe an Astrox 77 from the praise I hear than Z Force II (unless we are talking about 4u). I was just playing with an arc 10 yesterday and that felt like a better racket for doubles than my ZFII / Z Strike / Duora 10 personally. I also prefer 9900 instead of the three others as it feels faster on defense.

If I do really have to choose then right now I'd choose Z Strike. Fast enough and wonderfully stiff due to being less head heavier.

thyrif likes this.
  6. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

First, you need to know what u really need?
    Since you're from Arc Saber 10, do you really enjoy of playing with ur current racket ? or u find it's just right but not perfect enough for you ?

Duora 10 - Balanced with mid flex shaft (Good for doubles)
    ZFII - HH with stiff shaft (Definitely not for doubles)
    DZS - Balanced with extra stiff shaft (Good for doubles)

So it's goes to D10 & DZS left.
    Do you smash often ? Are you control type of skillful player ? If yes.
    Goes to DZS.

That's it. o_O

PS : I own 5's of DZS. It's my favourite & perfect racket.

7. BadmintonPro

My friend said-

He liked the Arcsaber 10, but he wants to move on, he feels like he needs a challenge to get adopted to a different racket.
    He used to do crazy jump smashes, but he rarely does them now due to his injury. He is a hard hitter and extremely aggressive. But he is not very sure yet because he heard loads of craps about Z Strike, so he is waiting for atleast 5 more replies. His next tournament is in February so he got lots of time. He said he will be going doubles. And his tournments are nothing special, its just something where the best club members play against another club and then the winner versus the city champion. But it isn't that hard as it sounds. Also, he prefers only Yonex, because he mentally doesn't like other brands. Even though he knows they are good.

8. Vellawolf

Vellawolf Regular Member

Give Li Ning N9II or N7II a try as well if you can

9. BadmintonPro

Well he should but he prefers only Yonex.

10. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

Could you elaborate more about bad things he heard about DZS? I was ZF2 user and have been using DZS for 3-4 months now . I believe , it has been made a scapegoat by people who have not been able to use it properly. You can manoeuvre it easily for doubles ,and due to stiff shaft and slight head heaviness, it is good for control and smashes too.
    People here, even sellers , have stopped stocking it but I will get a new one whenever my faithful breaks , hope this helps.

11. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    exactly the same thing about all compact heads. people arent spending time with their rackets, are not finding time to understand and getting used to their axe. they are expecting magic right from the box. no! it takes time. similar thing happened with zspeed as well. Verdict was out too soon, which gave a bad name to the racket. I didnt find any lack of power and playability in zspeed.
    i downgraded from zf2 to vt80etune. i am having same problems as i havent had enough time to get used to it. rackets are different and some rackets need extra time to get out best from them. zstrike similar thing. its off when compared with different rackets. but when you understand the racket enough. its no less.

surya prakash and thyrif like this.
  12. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

This. I've gotten used to it so much I bought a third one. Still finding some timing Easter eggs, though, really nice power when hitting slow, as well.

13. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    I think I'm already late. What did the thread starter chose?

I recently bought a Duora 10 from Japan. It's the Green/Orange 2U4 model and after playing with it for a couple of days here are my impressions. By the way, I'm a 3U VTZF2 user for 3 years coming out from VT80 & ArcSaber Z Slash and I play mostly doubles.

Even though it's a 2U the heaviest in its class I don't think it was that heavy. I let colleagues compare it w/ the pink ZF2-LCW (which I believe is the heaviest among my 3 ZF2s) and they felt that the Voltric was heavier and for me they feel almost the same.
    The obvious difference in my experience is the swing speed on which how the racket moves through the air. Duora 10 is much faster especially on the aero/green side. Now let me compare some of the essential aspects of both rackets based in my experience.

My string setup for both rackets are BG66 Force @ 30 lbs

Power:
    When it comes to raw power it is clear that ZF2 is the winner. But I can also produce the same amount of power w/ D10 and I think it's just how you generate that power you were looking for based on your technique. What I don't like w/ D10 is that I can feel a shock/vibration every time I pull off a smash that never had with the ZF2. Maybe it's because of that box frame/orange side I don't know if other D10 owners also had that feeling. I never tried hitting using the aero side w/ a smash but only backhand clears and drives. And speaking of drives, it is much easier doing it w/ ZF2 for it only requires a weak snap and the birdie goes far away. D10 doesn't lose on that occasion but you need to work a little bit more.

Speed:
    D10 is faster hands down. Even w/ ZF2's compact frame it all boils down to the overall weight balance. Whenever I do a powerful strike, the head-heavy racket tends to pull me moving forward to the direction where I'm hitting and I can't pull it back (sometimes) right away especially when I'm watching where the birdie is going like watching a good movie w/ a popcorn. The hitting recovery is better w/ D10 for me.

Defense:
    I agree w/ all the reviews that I read before D10 is better defensively. My overall defense had a dramatic improvement w/c I really needed in my game.

Control:
    The extra stiff shaft of ZF2 works better. When I first played my newly acquired D10, (this is embarrassing I know) 4 out of my 10 smashes went to the other player's court for I wasn't prepared for the transition. It really has something to do the racket's stiffness I suppose. My slicing drop shots are also better w/ ZF2 by a mile as well. This can be worked out w/ practice so for me it's not a huge let down.

Now, would I recommend the Duora 10 over the Voltric Z Force 2? If it's a 2U vs 3U situation then I would choose the Duora 10. But when it comes for the lighter variant, I think a 4U Z Force 2 would do better for I used to own one but I broke it.
    Some D10 owners claimed that it is powerless, numb, can't hit clears from court to court and many more. I tested a 3U D10 before and I felt the same way or maybe because of the string used and the tension applied. I was also discouraged to buy this racket when I learned that Lee Chong Wei was not using the real thing but rather a painted Z Force w/c is disappointing. It took me maybe 2.5 years to make a decision and I have no regrets even though there were already a Duora Z Strike, 8xp, D10LT and some Astrox available in the market.

I hope you enjoyed reading my short novel. If you like to try the D10 it has to be the 2U model for better experience.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional nor a varsity school player. Just an enthusiast w/ an intermediate skill who loves to play badminton.
    Thank you ^_^

14. BadmintonPro

He chose Duora 10

15. BadmintonPro

Though I prefer Z Force II, even though I used DZS and D10, I guess as time passes by, opinions changes.

16. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    That's good to know.

Yes I agree. I really like my 3 ZF2s so I'm keeping them in the bag