I need to review yonex duora 9

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by XuanhauVNB, May 14, 2018.

1. XuanhauVNB

XuanhauVNB New Member

I need to review yonex duora 9, who used to give me comment

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Well, I don't use it but I have had a dry swing with it. I can say that it is stiff for a 4U racquet. Definitely a high end racquet. The head is a tad heavy, but not too much. I'd say it's like a ladies version of Duo10. Of course I'm just going off yonex's marketing here, since there's nothing wrong with a guy using a hot pink racquet if you're going for style points.

3. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    I have recently purchased this racket and will be playing with it tomorrow, I’ll keep you updated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    Just tried out the duora 9 today and WOW what a racket.

Currently using the Yonex arcsaber 10PG with Yonex aerobite strings @24lbs,
    I knew this was going to take a bit of time to get used to due to the duora 9 being lighter and I hade the same strings but @26lbs.

So nice around the net, it’s agile and very easy to manoeuvre around the net due to its even balance and light weight, it helped me get some very tight net shots I normally don’t get (I’m pretty heavy handed and most previous rackets have been head heavy)

It’s also is great for smashing, I got some intense power with it, yes I am a big hitter but this took it to a different level. Generating so much power with minimal effort.

I could give you feedback on the backhand as my backhand is pretty basic and the forehand and backhand system on this racket made little difference to my game but that will come.

Colour looks amazing and the paintwork has a great finish.

I wouldn’t really give this any cons but it was its first time playing with this racket so will be able to give you a better judgment as the weeks go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jespinas

Jespinas New Member

Any further feedback? I’m interested in the racket but I can’t get it anywhere near me to try out

6. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

It's great all around, but probably a bit on the lighter side. Plays decently stiff but as I play singles it feels like it needs a bit more effort to hit a good shot when out of position. In general, it is a racquet that trades off power for ease and speed of handling when compared to the D10.

Honestly, most male players should just go for the D10, the D9 is less than ideal if you can handle the D10. It is a 4U even balanced racquet after all, and these aren't too common for a reason. Badminton is not always about the smash, the lightness of the D9 becomes notable when hitting say 50+ high clears when warming up for example. The effortlessness with many other racquets is somewhat lacking, and you'll also have to hit very cleanly as there is little head weight to offer any forgiveness.

7. Jespinas

Jespinas New Member

I’m a girl but I’m more offensive then defensive and just got the ax77 (strung at 26) but saw the d9 and got curious. Would you recommend the d10 better or d9 better

8. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Well, are you a naturally powerful player with any racquet and can trade off some power? In singles the D10 would be the obvious choice but in doubles it's more of a toss up. IMO the AX77 is about slightly heavier than the D10, and the D9 is again lighter by quite a bit.